1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Knight Skills Synergy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MissEri, Sep 4, 2022.

Yea or Nea?

1. Yea

63.6%
  2. Nea

36.4%
  1. MissEri

MissEri Blue Snail

Sep 4, 2022
    8:10 PM
    MsFortune
    Corsair, Dark Knight
    Honor
    For dark knights, there used to be a time when you either make a hero or live long enough to see yourself become an HB mule.

Luckily thanks to the hard work of the ML Staff- that is no longer the case. And with the most recent changes to Berserk that give DrK a high risk - high reward playstyle, I'd like to offer one other synergy to the following skills make this even more dynamic.

1) Dragon Blood- At current max level, you lose 40 HP every 4 seconds to gain 12 weapon attack. I think this has been discussed in the past extensively that with the introduction of Coke Zero this skill is practically useless. (I still use it for the style points.. which is the most important aspect of bossing of course)

Proposed change- At max level, drain 2000+ HP and MP every 4 seconds, but gain a higher attack buff. I'll let the balance team decide what values is appropriate here. The intent is to make this unsustainable during a boss fight (cost of HP potions far offset an equivalent attack potion like stew or apple), but still allow you to get over that timer "hump" when a teammate die assuming you carry enough potions.

2) Aura of the Beholder- At max level, recover 500 HP every 4 seconds. With the recent change to Berserk, leveling this skill is actually detrimental to DrK who wants to maintain low health consistently.

Proposed change- Again my math abilities are equivalent to that of a kindergartener so input from you all would be much appreciated, but the intent here is to be able to heal enough HP and MP to offset the above changes to Dragon Blood. With other 4th job skills having higher priority, I don't think DrK will be able to reap the benefits of this change until very late in their progression.

Pros:
    - Easy to implement. It looks like this would not require a major change to the codes. The challenge would just be getting numbers correct such that it wouldn't be game breaking.
    - Making useless skills more interesting!
    - Mesos sink for those loaded DrKs!

Cons:
    - Gotta keep our heroes and pally friends happy.

DrK has been getting a lot of love recently so I'm not complaining about the currently state by any means. Would love to get your input on this!

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    5:10 PM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Yo what about this nonsense where if you get 1/1ed dragon blood can kill you. Can that be fixed too???

3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:55 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    ^ Did that happen on ML? Last I tried (like 2 years ago), dragon blood was not fatal.

4. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    7:10 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    If you have Achilles it’s not fatal, but in 3rd job, a perfectly timed 1/1 into the HP Drain can kill.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I'm personally a fan of ditching the heal on aura of the beholder entirely as it is counter-synergistic to berserk. When DrK damage depends on a lower amount of health, skills that heal are not desirable.

I would instead rework it into damage resistance, scaling off of remaining health. This would mimic berserk in the sense that the lower one's remaining health is, the stronger the value of the damage resistance would be.

It would look something like this:

Aura of the beholder: increases damage reduction based on remaining hp.
    Level 1:
    100% hp: ignore 0% of incoming damage
    0% hp: ignore 10% incoming damage

Max level:
    100% hp: ignore 0% of incoming damage
    0% hp: ignore 40% of incoming damage

The idea being that the lower the hp bar of the DrK, the more damage negation they have, encouraging the risk-reward playstyle that is inherent in berserking. This would flip aura of the beholder from being counter-synergistic to pro-synergistic with it's berserk counterpart.

Capping it at 40% damage reduction is just a suggestion, but I think it makes sense because hero/pally already have power guard that reduces damage by 40%. Setting this as the maximum value for the proposed DrK scaling would ensure that their damage reduction remains weaker than their hero/pally counterparts, while still having some degree of potency at zerking levels. This change also preserves the initial intention behind the skill of improving DrK survivability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I think the issue with aura and the new berserk is just an oversight.

I think it is possible to assign an hp limit aura can't heal you over in combat.