1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh Running on M2 Mac

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Jamiejamie, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Jamiejamie

Jamiejamie Red Snail

Aug 24, 2022
    8:06 PM
    I installed the latest version of the game and crossover but the game does not launch at all. The mushroom icon appears for a few seconds then disappear:-( , So is the game officially M2 supported?

2. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    3:06 PM
    Crossover doesnt seem to be working anymore for me either. I just bought a discounted parallels license from amazon and switched to that but the key bindings and stuff are more annoying than on crossover. Probably ur best bet though.

3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I suggest trying to install Crossover 20.0 (from the Mac forum post).
    It might, or might not work.

That version actually works, the only issue is hoping the MacOS version you have will let you install it.

4. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    I tried installing this after reading the guide and it installed but didnt work for me. You mean 20.0.4 right?

5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    yes that one, as long as its not 21.x it should work.

6. wurl

wurl Mushmom

Jun 28, 2022
    yeah didnt work for me, same issue of maple icon appearing then nothing. Changed the settings and stuff around too.

7. OP
    OP
    Jamiejamie

Jamiejamie Red Snail

Aug 24, 2022
    tried downloading 20.0.2 and 20.0.4 both didn't work ;-; thank you for the response tho!

8. divinecross2

divinecross2 Snail

Sep 1, 2022
    Male
    9:06 PM
    Aethelreth
    Hiya I've got it running on an m2 Mac by downloading Crossover (v22) from the official site, and then prolonging the trial period following the instructions provided on the installation guide!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Jamiejamie

Jamiejamie Red Snail

Aug 24, 2022
    Hi i did as you said and it was going great until this window saying "rundll32.exe has encountered a serious problem" popped up ;3; i appreciate your help anyway though :D

10. Maxima

Maxima Red Snail

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage, I/L Wizard
    did u do anything else other than downloading crossover v22 from the website and prolonging the trial period? im facing the same issue of "rundll32.exe has encountered a serious problem", would like to hear more from you since you were able to get ml to run

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrianQQ

BrianQQ Snail

Sep 6, 2022
    Male
    11:06 PM
    Encountering issues and the game isn't launching

First run prompted rundll32.exe has encountered a serious problem and now when it launches, nothing starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. kellyw

kellyw Blue Snail

Jul 31, 2021
    Male
    thewongphoto
    Cleric
    Yes! Same thing happened to my m2 on crossover v22.0 "rundll32.exe has encountered a serious problem".

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. meowboo

meowboo Blue Snail

Jul 30, 2021
    Female
    11:06 PM
    Meowboo
    Cleric
    I am having the same issue too, did anyone here end up finding a way to run ML?

14. DampIndigo

DampIndigo Red Snail

Nov 30, 2022
    Male
    9:06 AM
    Bandit
    I am having the same exact issue as everyone above... has anyone figured out a workaround for M2 MacBooks to successfully launch MapleLegends? Thanks in advance!

15. OP
    OP
    Jamiejamie

Jamiejamie Red Snail

Aug 24, 2022
    still no luck for me haha but someone mentioned plugging in external monitor to launch the game > unplug

16. DampIndigo

DampIndigo Red Snail

Nov 30, 2022
    Male
    9:06 AM
    Bandit
    Hmm, interesting... worth a shot, I will try anything haha! Thanks!