1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Improved Refund Policy

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nightz, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:31 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Hi everyone~

We're making some changes to our item refund policy!

Since the early days of MapleLegends, we maintained a strict refund policy, where if you accidentally deleted or NPC'd your items it was categorized as "player error" and the item was not refunded. While we always wanted to help players in these scenarios, with such a small staff team, it just wasn't feasible for us to do so at the time.

With our staff team expanding to include more GMs and supervisors, we've decided to change our policy to be more accommodating. In addition to the usual lost items due to server issues, we'll also begin processing refunds for scrolled items that have been NPC'd. This rule does NOT apply retroactively, and will only apply to items that get NPC'd from August 9th, 2022 onwards.

All other items, including accidental scrolls or drops, will NOT be refunded. As these situations are far less clear cut, while items sold to the NPC are much easier for us to determine and recover.

In case you accidentally sell a scrolled item to an NPC, feel free to submit a character issues thread here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/character-issues.94/
    Unable to refund any Timeless or Reverse equips as we're unable to properly distinguish item leveling and then recreate with the needed exp.

Depending on the amount of requests we get and based on how efficiently we're able to handle these tickets, we may expand the refund policy in the future to include clean equipment, skill books, and various other items.

Thanks and have fun mapling everyone!

Edit: 22/09/2022

From the same date as mentioned in the initial post August 9th, 2022 onwards. We will be refunding scrolled equips used up in crafts that were not meant to be used by the player and lost in the process. Under the condition that we are able to determine that this happened through our logs. If we for whatever reason are unable to track it down then you will not be eligible for a refund.
    Timeless / Reverse equips are also excluded from this for the same reason as mentioned in the post.

In the meantime we will be working on a system to avoid these accidental crafts completely so these refunds will hopefully no longer be needed then.
    Hope to have informed you well enough with this.

• Like Like x 14
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    9:31 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Thank you! I'm always impressed by the constant work and incremental changes both in and out of game that the team is working on. Changes like this really show how much the staff cares.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Why not just let the player rebuy items from the npc? This is basicly the same but with more steps and involving mods.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Because we currently don't have such option implemented and it requires a lot of client edits.
    If however, we one day do then obviously it will no longer be required to create character issue threads.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    9:31 PM
    iPippy
    Excellent, now I can use the vendor NPC as a second storage for my perfect weapons :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Do you get to keep the mesos that you get from the NPC? I might have accidentally sold my Ravana drops.

7. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Obviously any mesos gained from selling has to be returned in the same trade.

8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:31 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    my hand coincidentally slipped
    time to reloot one-of-a-kind items like timeless pendant and reverse when it levels poorly

9. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Good point, we are actually unable to refund any Timeless or Reverse equips as we're unable to properly distinguish item leveling and then recreate with the needed exp.
    Will edit it in the post

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    To add to this it also has to be very carefully made because any mistake can cause very destructive exploits. We are not into the idea adding a buyback npc script, only implement it like GMS did which require client edits.

11. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    8:31 AM
    will this only for items sold to npc? what about items that get crafted to npc? they are sort of
    which is another example of player error

:whistling:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Not trackable with the same accuracy as NPC sales, we don't want to run in cases where we might not be able to be 100% certain.
    There's also various other examples of player error that we still will not refund for various reasons.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    6:31 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    My plan was to NPC perfect Skis for a video to hurt people's souls but this kind of just ruins it now

14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'll buy em for npc price at the promise you'll definitely not get them back

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    From the same date as mentioned in the initial post August 9th, 2022 onwards. We will be refunding scrolled equips used up in crafts that were not meant to be used by the player and lost in the process. Under the condition that we are able to determine that this happened through our logs. If we for whatever reason are unable to track it down then you will not be eligible for a refund.
    Reverse equips are also excluded from this for the same reason as mentioned in the post.

In the meantime we will be working on a system to avoid these accidental crafts completely so these refunds will hopefully no longer be needed then.
    Hope to have informed you well enough with this.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    9:31 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING