1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I afking here when the map user is someone else?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapi, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Rapi

Rapi Mano

Feb 14, 2022
    11:03 AM
    Rapi
    Shadower
    When I came back from the toilet, I found that the map owner was someone else.
    I try to get a map by talking.Then I was afking.OnionDead

2. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    10:03 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Not entirely sure what you are trying to say but mapowner ultimately decides whos map it is. You being there previously means nothing.

3. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    You're allowed to exist in a map, but the moment you steal loot and/or steal mobs you risk yourself getting banned.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rapi

Rapi Mano

Feb 14, 2022
    11:03 AM
    Rapi
    Shadower
    If two people enter the map and use skills at the same time, non map owners will be prohibited after that?OnionConfused

5. dechenny

dechenny Orange Mushroom

Sep 21, 2022
    Male
    Maple
    I mean just move on and find another map. Lol

6. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Yes. Hell i could be grinding in a map for hours and if i dont take mapowner then a random person can come kill a mob and effectively take my channel. The point of mapowner is to remove he said she said for gm's and (hopefully) help users settle their own disputes with an easy to use system.

7. BorutozDAD

BorutozDAD Red Snail

Jun 30, 2020
    Male
    8:03 PM
    BorutozDAD
    Hermit, Beginner
    if you being in the map also griefs aggro (windraider is a classic example of this) then the current mapowner can ask you to cc and it is their right to do so. Even if you "just went to the bathroom for a second" map owner change means that you either cc'd/went to fm/went to cash shop/haven't killed anything in 5min and the rules of ML state that you have then forfeited your right to lay claim on the map.

8. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    8:03 PM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    IIRC, you become mapowner the moment you kill a monster when no has killed anything for I think 5 minutes(maybe 10)? Or when no one's in the map(including DC's) and you're the next person to kill a monster. @mapowner just lets you know who the mapowner is, you don't need to ever actually type it.

• Creative Creative x 1