1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce the Spawn Timer on Blue Mushmom

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by twing1, Sep 30, 2022.

1. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    9:29 AM
    twing1
    Beginner
    Title.

Problem:

Blue Mushmom has an insanely high respawn timer of a whopping 23 hours (!).

upload_2022-9-30_8-23-32.png

Here is another level 90 boss-level monster, Snowman, and his respawn timer for reference:

upload_2022-9-30_8-23-11.png

The high spawn timer on Blue Mushmom is very problematic because it limits the amount of times that the monster can be killed to once per day, per channel.

Additionally, the experience reward and drop table for Blue Mushmom are very average, and are not rewarding enough in comparison to similar boss-level monsters to warrant the 23 hour spawn timer.

What compounds this problem further is that there is a quest requiring that a Blue Mushmom be slayed in order to complete it, called "Eliminating Blue Mushmom".

upload_2022-9-30_8-27-19.png

This creates additional demand to hunt and kill this particular monster.

On a server with a population as large as MapleLegends', it is unreasonable to tie a quest completion to the elimination of a mob (that potentially hundreds of other players will also be hunting for) that can only be killed once per day per channel.

This makes it so that a maximum of 8 different players server wide can complete this quest each day. And that doesn't take into account the boss hunters that wipe out multiple channels of Blue Mushmom spawns.

Combined with the fact that respawn timers are hidden and cannot be anticipated by players who have not already killed the monster, this leaves the only option for players wanting to complete this quest to actively camp out for an entire 23 hours at Blue Mushmom's spawn location.

That is an unreasonable request, and cannot be expected of the majority of the player base that has real world obligations, like work, friends, and family to attend to, not to mention their own bodily needs of satisfying hunger, thirst, bathroom breaks, and sleep.

I have personally been logging in for 3 days now whenever I am able (anywhere between 1-3 hour intervals while I am awake, in between ~8 hour blocks of sleep) for the sole purpose of checking Blue Mushmom spawns, and have not yet encountered a single one.

This is problematic.

Suggestion:

Standardize Blue Mushmom's respawn timer down from 23 hours to 3 hours to match those of similar boss-level monsters.

Reasons:

1. Other similar boss-level monsters are already standardized at a 3 hour spawn timer.

2. The drops and experience reward of Blue Mushmom are not rewarding enough to warrant a 23 hour spawn timer.

3. Blue Mushmom in particular has an increase demand to be hunted on account of a quest requiring its elimination to be completed.

4. The only guaranteed way of witnessing a Blue Mushmom spawn is to actively camp the spawn location for a solid 23 hour block of time. No content should be locked behind this requisite that demands real world obligations and bodily needs to be suspended for almost the entirety of a day.

If there is something I am not seeing about Blue Mushmom that justifies its 23 hour spawn timer, I would very much like to know what it is.

• Agree Agree x 18
  2. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    12:29 PM
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    man i didn't know boss mob like this have respawn timer that long!

3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Yeah, BMM respawn timer is the reason nobody does that quest... A random boss that drops little of value, has no card, no exp, and used for a quest that has little of value and no exp probably isn't being hunted by "hundreds" of players. Maybe 2.

And if anything, the fact that BMM isn't even worth the time to find makes it harder to extrapolate timers. Who knows how long a spawn has to wait to be killed and reset the timer? Combined with spawn variance, spawns will likely get spread out pretty far. At least with other long respawn bosses (samurai, anego, crow, old pianus), they are decently well hunted to "guess" when they spawn on the assumption they were killed on spawn.

The best way to hit a BMM spawn would be right after a maintenance/patch when all bosses are respawned, that same time 1 day later to catch the respawn wave, or at farther out times much longer after maintenance when spawns could realistically be anywhere. 23 hour respawn is long, but not unprecedented. It can be found.

4. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I understand that it is possible to find Blue Mushmom spawns, but my suggestion still stands.

I do not believe that this particular monster warrant's its 23 hour respawn timer.

As you've described, Blue Mushmom is a boss that "drops little of value, has no card, no exp, and used for a quest that has little of value and no exp".

Do you believe that a monster of this caliber deserves a 23 hour respawn timer?

Additionally, the fact that by your estimate a total of 2 players are hunting Blue Mushmom at any given time and it is still this difficult to find, despite being such an unrewarding kill, serves as evidence to me that the spawn timer needs to be adjusted.

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    6:29 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Not to be rude or anything but I read all this text and I still don't understand what the problem is here. BMM is only ever "worth" hunting if you want to get the quest clear which is a one time thing. The rarity adds to the quest difficulty.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    So Blue Mushmom's respawn timer is so long, just for the sake of making the quest difficult? Is that what you are saying?

How would you respond to someone comparing the "eliminate blue mushmom" quest to the other boss-hunting quests like "defeat Faust" that require the elimination of boss-level monsters on a 3 hour respawn timer and also reward much greater amounts of experience, relative to their level range?

7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Noo that's not what I'm saying, the rarity is just another nice little quirky quest thing. You can compare quests and bosses as much as you want but would you really want them to be balanced out and have the same difficulty/rarity? Variety is the spice of life.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I do agree that variety is good, there is no need for all quests to be standardized.

Some of the quests in this game I admit do feel pretty generic, and very similar to other quests.

I just wish that if the goal were to differentiate this quest from some of the other boss elimination quests, a solution could be found other than allowing only one Blue Mushmom to spawn per day.

I have a character parked there that I log into throughout the day to just channel surf, hoping for a Blue Mushmom spawn. Its been days like this. It feels like a standstill in character progression. There are different, more fun ways they could implement variety into this quest.

For the time being, I will get on with my maple life and take iPippy's suggestion to try my luck after a maintenance patch. That seems to be the best chance at it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    You could have the same experience with half the headache by halving the spawn timer though.

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    [​IMG]

Greetings from the Hall of Mushroom. CC1 timer. (Edit: took 2, 3, and 8 down with it too. This should spread out the remaining spawns a bit)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. TrueKebab

TrueKebab Pink Teddy

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    DancinPig, Jatizso, Neitiznot, HolyPig
    Dragon Knight, Priest, Shadower
    Galaxy
    Since no one else pointed it out (someone did mention spawn variance), I'd like to mention the 10% randomizer on the spawn time, in the give or take 10% sense. A 23h spawn boss like this can spawn anywhere between 2.3h before and 2.3h after the 23h timer, giving it a near on 5h spawn window to find it.