1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimage Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Sep 30, 2022.

Is multimaging bad?

1. yes

98 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. no

32 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. neutral (not good or bad)

46 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    7:53 AM
    secondpink
    Beginner
    and you are sweaty elitist try hard with your mob of forum followers boosting your fragile mushroom game ego-

DaydreamerDaydreamer
    Train at Shaolin as a 130 Drk and find yourself draining potions and making no wealth

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    10:53 AM
    As someone who is newer to the server and has multi mage farmed quite a bit in other servers, I think Legends has done a good job in balancing it already.

Someone who puts in the work should be able to farm at a rate that is better than bossing. It’s already hard enough to catch up to older players in terms of gear because they’re able to have high hp washed characters and do bosses such as PB on multiple chars easily.

I want to be able to farm after investing time in leveling multiple characters while I wait for NX to wash my characters (I can’t even get enough NX to wash a DK at the speed of voting). The drop rates, safe spots, and pot costs have already been nerfed for mages…

I feel like the people complaining just don’t want to grind and are upset other people who like min maxing can farm at a slightly faster speed. The +7 perfect timeless weapons are not meant to be for everyone, you can still enjoy the game’s content perfectly fine with a decently scrolled item.

Mages seem like they’re in a fine spot now so I don’t really get the multi mage haters… farming is pretty much all a mage was capable of doing in this version of maple. If you want a different game, then v62 maple is probably not for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah obviously if you do nothing but grind Shaolin, especially at level 130, you will lose money on pots... You can't just grind the highest level, best exp, hardest hitting mobs nonstop and profit off it as well. At least not at level 130.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    So the alternative solo grinding area would be...?

Ya know.. one that isn't horribly slow and can generate income prior to becoming 4th job

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:53 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    DGP and ML1/5 have a pretty nice meso and exp generation for that level range. It's less exp ofcourse than 7F but that's more the problem with shaolin being busted exp wise than anything else.

I wonder why you can't break even though. Could you explain what you do at 7F that makes you lose meso? Like what's your hp/acc/damage range and what pots do you use?

6. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    What warrior has 270 accuracy? :alien:

I'm not even at 7f. The mobs have so much HP but only yield 1k mesos bags and obviously not enough equips.

Ginseng root costs 3600 ish and heals 10000

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I am confusion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:53 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    hey man the time you spend on the forums can probably put you forward by 1b. go farm gobies and sharks or something, that's what tiger did and is nostalgic right?

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    11:53 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    and you are so sure about your pathetic ideas that ignore what everyone else is saying and think i have followers lmao but i like u bro keep posting pls

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Let's stay on topic and not resort to personal attacks

• Friendly x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Himes
    Ulu1/2
    DGP
    ToT could generate decent meso but worse EPH
    You could also interleave your 7F sessions with random shit like Nightghosts (which nets over 10m/hr on a dk)/APQ to keep up the meso income while getting great exp.
    Daily pap/rav/latanica
    Try out CWK exchange perhaps? You might burn a bunch of ACP's at Crimson Guardians but I'd assume it's manageable.
    Goby
    Ninto
    Shaolin Square

Hell, just grab the library and go browse mobs around your level range and experiment. There's so many viable options that people just ignore because muh 7f meta.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. optifreepure

optifreepure Slime

Jun 10, 2022
    Nerf sweepers and save the economy joymush

13. faithie

faithie King Slime

Jan 27, 2022
    10:53 PM
    faithx3
    F/P Arch Mage
    The underlying reason - what has infuriated the multimage hater - why the multimage hater forms this opinion is because of the disparity of mesos earned between selling leech and multimage farming. Therefore, GMs should intervene by helping leech sellers should form a oligopoly to match the rate of earnings equally between multimagers and leech sellers.

Edit: /s

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:53 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    but selling leech in this patch is in its best state, for both low level and high level leech. That was true in the previous patch but I believe the gap is closed in this patch. But maybe the general perception hasn't changed in that pointing fingers at multimage is easier than asking around for numbers to compare.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    the leeching main problem isnt the meso earned, is just that you are limited by having buyers. getting less meso is just an extra

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Idk about drk, but i begin at 13x on my pally and never lost money with pots, and let me say some points:

1- when i begin 7f i was not with hammer max, i did acb lv 10 (my first char, and i never leeched) and then blast to hunt small bosses

2- as first char i was unfunded, no money, not so high hp (since no good int gear, and i did around 8 stale wash since i tought it was better than fresh)

3- i was with 30 base int, 23 dex, and mob skill short cause i use 1hand

as i said, idk about drk, but..

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    11:53 PM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Sorry I don’t multimage but if multimages are bad for the economy, how exactly are multimaging ruining the economy?

If your not willing the spend the same effort as they(multimagers) do, why are you expecting to have the same game(gear) progression as them? It’s their sweat,time and effort, let them do them and you play your own game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:53 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    The decision to pop out a few extra mages is indicative of endgame ambition. Both multimagers and non-multimagers compete for the same resources which are disproportionately distributed to multimagers. Non-multimagers have seen their purchasing power drop over the past few months, or discouraged and stuck in doomer loop.

tldr people like to point fingers and it's cool to hate the rich. we all need someone to blame for our ills.

19. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I think people overestimate the inflation caused by multi maging. A majority of the profits come from the goods produced (either by drops directly or through gachapon), which are bought and sold in the FM and are subject to competition by others who farm in the same maps and indirectly benefit the consumers. These farmers also themselves produce more WS/CS.

If your alternative to generating profit is bossing, you are primarily earning in coins directly anyway, not meso. If your alternative is selling leech, then get stronger and more efficient in your leeching and sweeping set up to earn a comparable amount of meso. Make 2 mages and sell 5-6. Find something new that no one else has thought of.

People complain about inflation, but I think to put it bluntly, it's really a veiled excuse for wanting to earn as much as someone who is willing to work much harder and more efficiently. And that ultimately has nothing to do with multi maging.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1