1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Crusader's Shout Skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by noobonmove, Oct 7, 2022.

1. noobonmove

noobonmove Mushmom

May 2, 2020
    12:59 PM
    SwordSlap
    Hero
    Konoha
    I would like to suggest a buff into the shout skill. From 30% dmg to 100-120% dmg. Slash blast dmg is at 130%
    This buff will allow Crusaders to train more efficiently, and it is for my own greed of POWER

upload_2022-10-6_21-55-42.png

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    3:59 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I don't think this skill was intended to be a mob clearing AOE like mage's 3rd job skills. I think the purpose is to stun as a crowd control. Although as a dagger warrior I too would enjoy having this do more damage

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. LuisJ

LuisJ King Slime

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    2:59 PM
    LuisJ
    Hero
    If not damage, it could also get a buff in monsters hit and range.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    4:59 PM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    It certainly would make the class more interesting since baby heroes don't really get anything that great during that stage, unlike dks which get their new mobbing skills and wks with the option to choose between 3 different elemental charges depending on the map they want to grind and also when they want to hunt HH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Beginner
    It does make logical sense that a shout would be full map aggro.

6. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    I had an idea before of changing Shout into having:
    • A cooldown of 30~15 seconds based on skill level
    • Has same Attack Range as Dk's Roar
    • No longer stuns but buffs Mobs to have Speed Buff
    • Does more damage and scales from mob count of 6 to 15 at max level.
    Would give Heroes the abilities to lure mobs to them and make them a very good grinding class with other pt members (or solo)

• Creative Creative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Sounds like the good old vac hack :laugh: maybe a little OP

• Like Like x 1
  8. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I could get behind buffing stun % to 100% at max level, and increasing target cap from 6 -> 15.

A measly 30% damage surely warrants a 100% stun rate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    noobonmove

noobonmove Mushmom

May 2, 2020
    SwordSlap
    Hero
    Konoha
    I am fine with the target staying 6, since i do not wish for shout to replace slash blast.
    A small increase in hit range would be lovely
    Speed buff on mobs sounds nice and scary esp since bossing o.o
    I do not wish for a cooldown for shout since it is nice to spam it ^+^

10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I always felt that Paladin's 2nd job skill Threaten should do that.

11. xDarkomantis

xDarkomantis Mushmom

Jan 20, 2021
    Male
    It would make more sense for Threaten to do so. pre-Pallies could use the help moreso than pre-Heroes. Wouldn't know what to do with Shout though MapleF4

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think it actually makes the most sense to make Shout work as you suggested and make Threaten add a % debuff to a single mob, including bosses. My understanding is that later versions of pre-BB MS had Threaten function in this way and as Paladin is a potent bosser on Legends and already has a large AOE skill in Heaven's Hammer, maybe Threaten shouldn't also pull mobs.

13. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    10:59 PM
    Endorphins
    Please do not change this skill at all as it is extremely useful as it is in nt2 content. Also a great way to get low lv mobs cards. No changes at all needed imo (18x hero here)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    WK is one of the best 3rd jobs with great grinding spots due to elements so idk about this. Their problems are at 120-135 when they're SP starved to hell.

I'm all for making Threaten better though and the idea is neat. Just making threaten aggro mobs would be cool. This is now a pala thread OnionNinja

15. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    I agree with you that the spirit and basic function of the skill shouldn't be changed as its a nice crowd control skill that fits nicely with Hero's cleave identity, but I do believe the stun success chance an be bumped up to 100%. This wouldn't add any extra damage to the skill and allow the skill to keep its focus as a purely utility skill, and only give the stun a little bit of added reliability. There is nothing worse than fighting RNG and having to spam shout 3x in a row because you hit the 5% lotto twice.

Take a look at a gunslinger's (2nd job skill) that does 120% damage to 3 monsters and also has a 100% chance to stun them. I get that shout attacks 6 monsters instead of 3, but doesn't the measly 30% damage justify a 100% stun rate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    I core almost daily where shout is used constantly and i don't feel any need to buff the stun changes. That's my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Not sure why folks are rallying around shout (an actually good utility skill), and not around coma. 95% stun is plenty enough to be reliable, and people seem to ignore the fact that it is an enormous 10 second stun. It most definitely fills its role.

Coma on the other hand? Not even worth the sp at the moment, outside of maybe 3rd job grinding before brandish overwhelms it, even on 6 mobs. It's also got a stun effect that is overshadowed by shout, reppacing shout's long stun with a much shorter stun and -10 orbs. This is now a coma thread.

OnionNinja

• Like Like x 2
  18. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    I dont see how you can buff coma without making rest of warriors irrelevant
    I used coma alot training in 3rd job, it was really worth using to get the extra dmg every few attacks on a stack of mobs.
    If you buff its stun duration, will still not be a good skill latsr on because shout is better and it absorbs orbs
    If you buff the dmg, it will make cleaving more powerful which is counter productive.
    To be really honest i think heros are in a really good spot right now and shouldn't be touched at all

• Like Like x 2
  19. Beaver

Beaver Mano

Jun 26, 2022
    Planet Earth
    BeaverFever
    Hero
    Eternals
    Even with an increase to 100% damage, the attack speed of shout is simply too low to be useful as a mobbing skill. Plus shout only hits 6 at a time. Shout can be used very effectively in combination with a crusader's mobbing skills. In my opinion, one of the distinct characteristics and part of the appeal of being a crusader is being a close-quarters combat class. It's better to accept the fact that crusaders are not DKs. Shout is a stun skill, not a mobbing skill. That's what slash blast and coma are for, coma being quite a powerful skill on it's own if used correctly. There needs to be continuing distinction between the classes. Different classes need to have distinct strengths and weaknesses. That's part of the nostalgia. Blending everything into one and making everything completely smooth and seamless is part of what ruined GMS. There needs to be enough class/job distinction that it keeps the social aspect alive. In other words, it's better if we have to rely on each other and not be able to do it all ourselves.

Give yourself some time with the class. I personally like hero but it's definitely not for everyone. Perhaps DK is more your style. I just don't want to see the class distinction blurred, or worse, erased all together.

20. OP
    OP
    noobonmove

noobonmove Mushmom

May 2, 2020
    SwordSlap
    Hero
    Konoha
    I never mentioned that Crusaders are DK o.o
    I get what you are saying though.
    I just wanted to suggest a damage increase in Shout that all. The damage increase will slightly help us in killing mobs easier (slightly improving our cleave as Endorphinss has said)