1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

small rage buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tommygunner, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    12:28 AM
    What if we make Rage 20% effective when combined with atk boosting pots like cider/apple? +4 atk would make Rage not useless in boss fights, no?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:28 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Rage does not need a buff, Heros are already in a decent state as is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. asdsaou

asdsaou Mushmom

Oct 10, 2021
    Male
    asdsaou2
    Corsair
    I feel like rage is in a good spot as a 2nd job skill, but enrage could use some serious buffs. Enrage is 4th job, takes at least 18 SP to make useful, and only provides 6 extra att for 4min, with a 6min cooldown, at lvl30. That's pretty much a 2-3% damage buff for 30 SP.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    12:28 PM
    Beginner
    Not really a big fan of buffing basically free WA bonuses or pots but what say... maybe 20 > 21 att? Giving those min maxers something to consider during runs

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    How much would you pay to upgrade your 14 attack glove to a 20 attack glove?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    well what i mean is having rage give +4 atk on top of the cider and stuff. would make warriors more popular maybe? i guess heroes are not unpopular for sure tho

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    For Rage, I think the pot price rescaling was a buff in itself which makes Rage an economical party utility. In the past, staff worked around this balance by making ciders less stackable, but that proved to not do much because ciders were basically free at 1k cost. Back then, 20 attack from attack potions was standardized. Now with their 10k cost, ciders aren't automatically the go-to option, and rage is more welcome in low-budget runs like rav/pap/zak where some people may opt for coke pills instead to save on cost. Rage would then provide the party with +4 attack to the coke pill alternative.

The enrage conversation is a bit more nuanced. In the past, Enrage scaling made no sense at all because you had less attack bonus than rage until something like level 21. That has since been changed and the starting attack bonus is 21 even at level 1.
    My main wish for Enrage is that it could be given some secondary purpose, like how Concentrate has the -mp spend secondary buff, so that it can be used in conjunction with higher attack buffs (HT buff, PB buff, apple, etc.) I thought it would be cool if Enrage could boost Heroes orb refresh rate so that you could squeeze out a few more Panics per minute, but I'm not sure how difficult that would be to code.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    10k changes choices marginally, nothing if not. I've mentioned raising it to 100k in the past before changes which makes more sense economically speaking and promoting inclusitivity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    7:28 AM
    Endorphins
    Heros are in an excellent place right now, people are getting greedy with buffs ideas when the class really doesn't need it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm guessing marginal changes was the goal. Nobody's going to use ciders if they're 100k, and nobody's going to force a spot exclusively for Heroes for 4 attack gain if they don't fit into the comp anyways.

Heroes are in a much better spot today than they were before with the several minor adjustments they got. A couple more QoL things like making Combo Orb recast lagless like shadow star would be icing on top. They're not a top tier class by any means, but they do fine in the melee/cleave category. You aren't going to change their utility by making ciders even more expensive to the point coke pills just become the standard.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    Wait ciders used to be even cheaper than coke pills? Hahaha

12. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Yes cider price was broken af

13. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    1:28 PM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Rage don't need a buff, they already nerfed ciders and nx weather buffs enough for us and Enrage is good enough too, it's really only 2 minutes of downtime.
    If anything, maybe increase Panic's range because it's weirdly short.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    7:28 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    You probably are yet to discover the potential and benefits GOOD Heroes have and share.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    make it wa22 or wa24
    the only reason i shout out for rage is bcoz it will override cider
    bm's Concentrate hv different cd timing and habitually i ll just cider coz every1 else is still hving rage
    but then rage comes later will make cider wasted :wtf:

16. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Whether Hero is in a good state overall or not, the class is already really strong amongst the melees, with one of their only downsides being the lack of party utility.

It would be hard to buff Hero in isolation when their damage + durability + cost efficiency + ease of use is already top tier.