1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide: HP/MP wash before first job advancement

Discussion in 'Guides' started by MultiDWolf, Oct 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MultiDWolf

MultiDWolf Red Snail

Mar 30, 2021
    1:13 PM
    MultiWar
    Warrior
    Hello everyone,

The Start: or how I became aware to the hp/mp differences before level 10.

I've been doing some research about stats - I wanted to understand how hp wash works, how come some mages have more mana than others and why some fighters have better hp than others.
    During my research I found out that how you roll your character - matters.
    It doesn't matter if you are going to use ap resets before you even begin the journey, since for some reason the game increases your hp & mana according to the first rolled stats.
    image #1.JPG
    As you can see in the image above - 2 characters, same job, same level, same str/dex/int/luk stats - but alas - one character has more hp and mana than the other.

Character creation:
    image #2 - Char 2.JPG image #2 - Char 1.JPG
    That difference between the hp? it's because of the base str roll both characters started with.
    It doesn't matter I reset the ap assigned:
    apresetp1.JPG apresetp2.JPG
    At level 2:
    stats lvl 2.JPG
    One char had gotten 1 mana more than the other.
    At level 3:
    stats lvl 3.JPG
    The HP was different by 1.
    By the time both players hit level 10, the hp difference grew to 4 before job advancement and 7 after the job advancement.
    stats lvl 10 - before job advancement.JPG image #1.JPG

The Hypothesis: or the theory of HP/MP wash prior to job advancement

According to the info shown above, I've started thinking about the meaning of it on a higher scale.
    Let's assume you create a character; you keep rolling him until 10\11\12 pops up on either int or str.
    Next step would be to keep pumping ap to str/int until level 10 (don't use level 10 ap), just before you do the job advancement.
    By that time, you should have around 170+ hp or 200 mp.
    You reset all the ap back and pump up the aps you need.
    Your hp or mp won't decrease and once you'll do the job advancement, you'll have higher mp/hp compared to other characters at the same level and job.

The Result:

The highest hp gain is when both luck and int are 4/4 and str has 9+ on initial roll (only pump str).
    The highest mp gain is when both str and dex are 4/4 and int has 9+ on initial roll (only pump int).
    Highest hp reached: 180 (before 1st job advancement). average class hp (same level): 170~175.

Conclusion:

Don't do it.
    The rewards from using this method are for way late game (PB & Zakum kind of late game), a phase most players don't even reach. It's useful if you plan on hp/mp washing later on, but with the new update - not necessary.
    It could be a nice challenge, don't you think?

Well, see you all later,
    Hf Mapling

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    7:13 AM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    • Agree Agree x 8
  3. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Orange Mushroom

Apr 24, 2020
    4:13 AM
    Washing doesn't really start until level 30, people just added AP into INT from lower levels to just get a head start with mp gains via INT.

The formula for each job class at level 30 also gains HP/MP upon advancement. Jobs/classes at level 8/10 don't receive HP/MP increases upon advancing, 3rd and 4th job don't get an increase to HP/MP however 3rd job gets an extra 5 AP upon advancing to 3rd job.

4. OP
    OP
    MultiDWolf

MultiDWolf Red Snail

Mar 30, 2021
    MultiWar
    Warrior
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    MultiDWolf

MultiDWolf Red Snail

Mar 30, 2021
    MultiWar
    Warrior
    Do note the formulas are from 2nd job onward, aka there might be another formula from level 1 to 30 or a slight change that is impacted/affected by str.
    I've checked it on multiple chars - the more str & dex I had on those early, the more hp they had later on.
    The best hp gain results I had were from 10/11 str, 7/6 dex and 4/4 int/luck, str seemed to give around 0.4 hp per level, dex around 0.2 hp per level (until level 10), after level 10 it slightly improved - str gave around 0.6 hp per level and dex 0.3 hp per level.

And just an fyi - in the og maplestory, they had a formula based on str & dex to calculate the hp. It is very possible maple legends kept that formula until 2nd job.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    MultiDWolf

MultiDWolf Red Snail

Mar 30, 2021
    MultiWar
    Warrior
    I'm 100% sure mages get increased mp, warriors gain increased hp and thieves, bowmen and pirates gain a little increase on both upon 1st job advancement.
    If you'll see the 2 screenshots, I had in the above thread of level 10 prior to job advancement and after (last 2 ss) - you'll see each got around 200+ extra hp.
    172 & 176 hp turned to 374 and 381 respectively.

I do believe that that increase is based on the main stat of the job/class - so basically if you start a mage and go for an initial roll of 10/7/4/4, pump all the aps until level 10 (excluded) to str - the amount of hp will be slightly higher (by 4-6 hp) than the average hp of that class and will stay higher. (Obviously will need to reset the aps before doing job advancement as a mage).

Basically, if you reset only the needed 20 int for 1st job advancement and keep that str high until before doing the 2nd job advancement and reset it all back to int before advancing - you'll basically have a ton of hp for a mage, the mana on the other hand would be slightly lower, but it might not be that low after 2nd job.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    MultiDWolf

MultiDWolf Red Snail

Mar 30, 2021
    MultiWar
    Warrior
    GMS - Thread can be closed as far as I'm concerned.
    Thanks!

8. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    It's nice that you took the time to research and do some testing, it's fun to do.

However I don't think you properly looked at the link that fartsy gave you:

It is for beginners, and also for all classes. You have formulas for when you add AP or when leveling up for each class, as well as all the formulas for the HP and MP you get when you job advance at 1st job and 2nd job. They are random values, it will slightly change from one character to another.

STR and DEX don't affect HP, (unless somehow the client uses stat numbers to randomize things).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    7:13 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Hey very cool and informative thread! Can you keep doing more research and post your results here for everyone to see and learn from? ^__^

10. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied

The research has already been done and there are already many completed guides on the forums. This thread is unfortunately just misinformation. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    4:13 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    As requested by OP, thread will be closed. If you want to reopen it feel free to DM any GM. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.