1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved (Windows) Game is laggy

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by tinytot13, Oct 13, 2022.

1. koooookori

koooookori Blue Snail

Jul 1, 2022
    Female
    8:52 AM
    Cleric
    I have the same problem as well. I'm even starting to get disconnected every time I log into the game. I tried everything I can and know, re-installed many many times as well but it's useless. I don't know what to do anymore so I just stopped playing the game.

2. mikuu

mikuu Blue Snail

Dec 6, 2021
    Female
    8:52 AM
    mlku
    Thief
    still no solution alrdy few days.....

3. chaostofu

chaostofu Blue Snail

Oct 2, 2021
    7:52 PM
    Mikomin
    Cleric
    I'm also in the same boat, tried rolling back updates with no success.. and now the game just closes on launch, lol. but I also want to throw it out there that it's simply a privilege that we are able to play MapleLegends at all. The Staff toil on our behalf to bring the community this amazing experience - we are not entitled to a solution. Perhaps my rose-tinted nostalgia glasses are on but sometimes all we can do is keep trying

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    tinytot13

tinytot13 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2022
    Female
    9:52 PM
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:52 AM
    Moderator Post
    Nobody on our staff experiences this problem. If we don't know why it happens, there can't be a fix. The fact that some people had it before the patch indicates further it's not a problem on our side. I've said this a few times now to people but try to gather together the specs, OS, drivers, etc. Nobody is doing it.

6. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    5:52 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I had some time today to dig a little more, I don't really know what info is helpful and what isn't so I'm just going to dump a lot of things in here:

- Thought it might be a CPU thing, so I let all the automatic Windows updates and virus scans/updates run their course (this alone used my full CPU, I cry) before opening ML, no help.
    - I tried updating to the Windows 10 22H2 release too, no help.
    - I was laying in bed last night wondering if it might be a graphics issue? I'm wondering if anyone running into this issue has nice computer or if we're all running on potatoes. I'm just using the card that came in my laptop, which is running Intel HD Graphics 620. The latest driver update for this is dated 9/27/2022. More details about my graphics:
    [​IMG]
    I wonder if reverting to an older driver would make a difference? I don't have time to check this today.
    - I checked my crash logs and the file had a lot going on in mlerror (nothing happening in HEAPException). Converted it to a txt file and uploaded to this post.

Please ask me for any more info and I'll do my best OnionF4

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So one of my friends mention that the cause possibility is that supposedly Intel announced a bit back that they started to emulate old DirectX versions on igpu drivers. MapleStory runs on... well, DirectX8, so if this theory is true, I wonder if every person having issues is running on intel, such as RyaeRyae

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    If this theory was true would affect anyone with an Intel CPU? Because I’d imagine that’s a lot more players than the portion that’s currently experiencing issues

fwiw I have an Intel CPU and have no issues

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    While yes, its maybe also a matter of people keeping their drivers/updates up to date. Example, the first report I see is October 8 where someone else says it started happen October 15.

10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Hmm and I assume those who are experiencing issues would be those with up to date drivers?

11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Ah wait misread, this would be affecting Intel GPUs not CPUs. I’d buy that honestly I can’t imagine there’s that many people using Intel graphics cards

12. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:37 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I am on Intel GPU :boo:

Are there solutions besides getting another GPU? (Literally the only thing I play on PC is Maplestory and idk if I want to spend on a new GPU just to play ML)

13. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    First step is figuring out how or why it happens, second step is trying possible solutions. We are still at step 1, but seems we are figuring that one out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Krisspy

Krisspy Project Coordinator Staff Member Project Coordinator

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    6:52 PM
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    One of my friends downloaded/reverted to an old Intel GPU driver to resolve the issue. If anyone here that is having the issue could try that and let us know if that also works for them? :pinkbean:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    From which version to which version?

16. Krisspy

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    Will need to know what intel chip/drivers you currently have to give a recommendation on it.

17. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    [​IMG]

I also did manage to roll it back to this older version:

[​IMG]

However, that cause'd a lot of other stuff to break.

18. Krisspy

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    Ah, interesting - can you try going to 30.0.101.1994 if possible and see if that helps? Unfortunately I don't personally have this issue, so I'm going at it blind. Let me know if that works/helps?

19. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    It works! Strangely enough the first time I try'd to roll back to 30.0.101.1994 fail'd for me.

20. Krisspy

Mar 10, 2021
    Female
    Krissybear
    Bishop
    YAY! That's great that it's working for you!