1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to start playing MapleLegends efficiently (and become a madman).

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Lirbo, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    6:48 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    To follow up on EndStrategyEndStrategy and LirboLirbo 's discussion:

Just finished the 2nd job advancement on my Rogue:
    • 35 (25 Base +10 DEX from Items)
    • 15 LUK (5 Base +10 LUK from Items)
    • Garnier with +7 100% Claw for ATT scrolls
    • 150 INT
    • 2 Sniper Pills (+10 Accuracy)
    • 2 Cream Shortcakes from the event (+40 Attack)
    • 25 White Potions
    • 30 Mana Elixirs
    • 1,500 Steely Throwing-knives
    In summary:

It took about 20 minutes to collect the 30 required marbles. I had a Amorian Basket, and a Onyx Apple, but I didn't need them. The Sniper Pill was nice, but not necessary. Simple using a scrolled claw, with the Cream Shortcake (or a Cider) did the trick!

Tip: I used the topmost floor of the map. On the left side there's a barracuda that a mushroom spawns on, that you can hit without being chased. Just a matter of avoiding aggro from the other 2 monsters on that level.

Link: Here's the post from when I did this on my bowman

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  2. EndStrategy

EndStrategy Slime

Jul 14, 2017
    Male
    11:48 PM
    Beginner
    Beginner
    -
    Thanks for the info and sharing. 20 minutes doesn't seem that bad considering you had 150 INT and 15 LUK.

3. benrone

benrone Mano

Oct 15, 2022
    Male
    Brazil
    7:48 AM
    Padrinho
    Bishop
    SURRA
    youre god.

4. GuldGert

GuldGert Blue Snail

Jan 6, 2023
    Male
    11:48 AM
    Melikei
    Beginner
    i just started following this guide and i have a question regarding the MU mule
    was is the reason to spend all of the ap in Mp after int, i assume i have to take alot of it out again when im making it a main at a later point?

5. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    12:48 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    So you prepare it to be a tank through HP washing (you need extra MP to transfer it into HP), you'll understand all about it when you properly learn how to wash efficiently.
    If you don't completely understand it just follow what I said blindly, you can't go wrong with it I promise.

6. EastNewsFul

EastNewsFul King Slime

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    PartlyMe
    Corsair
    Man reading up on all these things really shows how dedicated people are haha :D damm I don't even know if I reach that high of a level when it comes to playing maple xD to be fair just grinding and doing quests seems to be a long-term project! but yea thanks for the detailed information on how to get an effective way of playing maple haha!

7. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    3:48 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Just to add in to what Lirbo said, the reason to why you add in MP when you have your goal INT in place is to gain more MP.

Mages can also wash, which is called MP washing and since they originally have INT to begin with it gives more MP so while you add fresh AP into MP you gain more MP, using this for other characters would also give them extra MP.
    ( MP washing on a character thats not a mage has the same mechanic as if they were a mage.)

This in turn means that if you're MP washing and HP washing then this term is called "Double washing" it gives you far more MP than you would normally get from just the traditional "HP wash" however this route uses far more AP resets moving the fresh AP from MP back into a stat so an example would be

This is NOT removing INT just the fresh AP added into MP
    Level up: 5 AP
    Add all 5 into MP
    Reset all 5 AP that you added in MP to your main stat ( mages move MP to INT, archers/thieves moves MP to DEX/LUK)
    Next level up do the same add all 5 points to MP reset 5 points from MP to LUK ( as thief)

This does not have to be taken out right when you level you can reset the MP out when you want, just make sure you take notes on how many fresh AP you added to MP and reset those back while you can, I recommend buying 5 pack of AP reset to wash since its easier to manage.

or you can check out these links below if what I said above confuses you

mp washing a bishop
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...washed-bishop-journal-ign-harmonymagic.37095/

and the washing guide by lynx
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/lynux-hp-mp-washing-explained.38801/

• Like Like x 1
  8. GuldGert

GuldGert Blue Snail

Jan 6, 2023
    Male
    Melikei
    Beginner
    so i could mp wash right away but u dont recommend it because if i change my mind on it not being a main?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    If you are not sure u wanna main the NL then you simply might want to increase INT all the way to the level you stop leveling and keep it as it is there. Once you make up your mind and understand NL supremacy (I'm biased) you can make it a mad ass character SlimeXD

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GuldGert

GuldGert Blue Snail

Jan 6, 2023
    Male
    Melikei
    Beginner
    im 99% sure its gonna be my main so i dont think i want to put too much in int as it will take longer to wash i imagine

11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:48 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    In my opinion, if you dont plan to wash to 20k+ in a ranged job, I don't think you should add INT because of the HP Challenges. A player who wants to wash to less than 20k nowadays will lose a lot of time and a lot of damage but basically can do exactly the same thing of a non washed character that chose the HP Challenges path. I mean, it can do almost every content without HB and PB/toad with HB?.
    Nowadays, I would only recommend HP washing if it's aiming to 20k+, so you will be HB independent for every content in the game (although it's really decent if you only need Hb for pb and toad, cuz those are places people usually have HB).
    But since it's a new system, Im just throwing my opinion... Never thought too much about it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I must say Fael got a valid point there. It all depends on how long you plan to keep the character as a pure mule. If you are planning to level it once you hit 4th job on your bishop you might want to avoid INT to begin with and just go for the HP challenges. I have been inactive for a while, I'm not even sure if this system was implemented already (honestly I personally don't have high expectations from this system, but I guess only time will tell).