1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New drop source for white nescheres

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brunandes, Nov 4, 2022.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    8:31 PM
    I think this might have been suggested before, but could staff make serious consideration to adding white nescheres to the drop tables of more commonly farmed mobs?

A simple owl can show there is a severe lack of supply. There is usually only 1 page of white nescheres, with perfect attack ones non-existent. Meanwhile weapons like bows/claws/swords have more than 10 pages and numerous perfect ones available for scrolling. For dark/gold nescheres, perf attack ones are exceedingly rare too and you cannot even upgrade them when scrolling has failed.

This is really quite unfair for players who want to scroll an xbow themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    5:31 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Perhaps offering to pay more for them would entice people to start selling them off?

3. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    The lack of these in FM isn't because of the drop pool, there's a lack because there's no real demand for them. The drop table already has a fairly large pool to pick from. But if you want to talk about unfair drops, I invite you to take a gander at Marine Arund drop table.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Do u mean people are npcing perf nescheres?

5. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Firstly, i don't think the demand for a lvl 80 and a lvl 100 weapon is actually comparable.
    Secondly, there is an Anund that drops at ulu2, which is one of the most farmed maps ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Wasn't comparing demand between the two, simply comparing drop lists, which the Neschere's have a significant amount of. All 3 Leafre area bosses drop White. Krex drops White and Gold. Horntail drops all 3. Qualm Monks drop Dark, Dual Birk drop White. The variety is available, I don't see a need to add more. I'm gonna have to agree with -ovv-ovv on this one. It's a niche weapon to want to scroll, and not BIS by any means. Either gotta spend time hunting it down yourself or offer more for it.

White Neschere: https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=01462015
    Jiaoceng , Krexel , Griffey , Leviathan , Manon , Dual Birk , Spirit of Rock , Horntail
    Gold Neschere: https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=01462016
    Krexel , Horntail
    Dark Neschere: https://maplelegends.com/lib/equip?id=01462017
    Lyka , Nibelung , Furious Scarlion Boss , Nameless Magic Monster , Dunas , Qualm Monk Trainee , Afterlord , Horntail , Tokyo stuff , Bergamot

7. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Yea I'm still not quite sure what the point is about offering more when theres pretty much none in fm?

As u have kindly shared, white neschere only drops from dual birk, a map that nobody farms. The rest are all bosses.

Meanwhile, comparable lvl 100 weapons which can be scrolled/crafted to dragon are much more readily available:
    Claw - ulu2
    Bow - petri
    Knuckle - skele
    Dagger - skele
    2h sword - ulu2

Can make the case that spears/gun deserve some love too but that's a separate point.

8. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Maybe saying offer better is the wrong choice of words... maybe change your approach for trying to buy them?
    As for no one farming Dual Birks, could you not go there yourself to farm? Their drops aren't awful, nor the maps themselves.
    I don't see a pressing need to change the drop table for a niche weapon simply for ease of access. I'm also of the mind set : if it's not in the FM, people aren't buying it or don't think people will buy it. If the former, unfortunate but able to be worked around. The latter, just gotta make it known you're on the hunt for it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    tts y they have the cheapest scrolls.

10. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Yeah agree, mostly likely because people cant find any good ones to scroll.
    It is definitely preferable to have pricier scrolls than to have difficulty finding scrollable weapons.

11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    No, but I'm more incentivized to craft mine into DSCs and sell them instead of selling them off at like 1m/ea, which is what I see everyone offering.

If you offer 2-3m for craft nescheres, I'm sure more people will be inclined to sell them to you.

12. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    6:16 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
  13. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Fwiw the dxc market is pretty barren too. And do believe u will only craft non max attack nescheres?

I get what you mean about offering, but its precisely why it is kinda unfair for xbows as e.g. BMs do not need to broadcast their intention to purchase a white nisrock when they can be easily owled.

14. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    but they faced the r***lights situation of expensive bow 30s.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is it really unfair that bows drop in more farmed maps? It's not like drop tables are adjusted based on meta content. When people moved away from ulu2, craven prices went up a fair bit.

Most white nescheres are dropping from Jiaoceng. I used to have tons when I was running JC daily, but I never cared enough to keep them in my inventory to sell them for 500k profit and would mostly NPC them. If someone offered 2m+ for them, I'd probably be more inclined to keep them around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Sadly market manipulation can't easily be fixed by drop tables:D

17. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I mean, this is a suggestion post isn't it, not arguing that there has been a precedent. So I do think it is rather unfair that some jobs benefit from meta locations dropping their weapons.

Looking at the threads that eighty shared, it is clear that I'm not the only one who feel this way. Also noticed u were a stauch opponent of this suggestion previously too. What is the concern tho? Too many MM? LOL

18. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    just go for timeless black beauty. they are pretty cheap.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because I personally don't find an issue with white nescheres not being a part of some meta map, and I don't think changes should be made just to lower costs for a class. This would be akin to people asking for cravens being added to newer meta maps because people don't ULU2 anymore. That's not really a good suggestion, IMO, and it opens the door for more and more requests whenever the meta changes.

Why not try buying white nescheres at a higher cost? Have you tried doing that yet?

20. OP
    OP
    brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I think the anecdote of people asking for new craven drop table is tenuous at best but respect your opinion. Just putting this suggestion to staff to highlight what I believe is an issue.

For the 2nd point, yeah perhaps you would be willing to go through the hassle of broadcasting a buy order through an external platform and login to meet up with sellers who respond. But some casual players like myself would much prefer to be able to owl for items during the time when i login. Unfortunate if it is really the case that supply is not an issue but people are not selling then.