1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of Scrolling: Beating the Odds

Discussion in 'Guides' started by kiwiz, Nov 18, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    8:44 PM
    This Project has funded my 129 atk dagger and 7 atk cape. Now my Shadower is fully geared up! FoxXD
    I was considering 8 atk cape (about 450m more) but I've decided that I want to keep some meso.

I've also made some minor upgrades to my Bishop with some of my own creations as well.
    TMA 25 Red Emerald Earrings, TMA 22 Dark Arten mage gloves and TMA 176 Wand 6.

I'll be taking a break from scrolling for now and back to some good'ol skele grinding so likely there won't be any new items updates in the near future.

Good luck!

2. Socollocos

Socollocos King Slime

Oct 9, 2020
    7:44 AM
    Socoli
    Bowmaster
    Hi, I would like to know how you calculate the expected production cost. Can you please share some knowledge? Thanks

3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    8:44 PM
    I did the basic calculation that computes expected cost only for all passing slots for the earrings.

The general formula would be:
    expectedCost = (itemCost + scrollCost) / scrollRate

For 1st slot pass is straightforward, 7k for earrings, 800k for 70% scroll:
    (7k + 800k) / 0.7 = ~1,152,857

If this value seems weird, imagine you have 10x earrings, 10x 70% scrolls and attempted the 1st slot for all 10 of them. On average 7 would pass.
    Total cost = 70k + 8m = 8.07m
    Divide the cost by the 7 passed earrings: 8.07m / 7 = ~1,152,857 (same value as the above)
    Which is the average cost of each earring that passed the first slot with the 70% scroll.

In order to make 2nd slot pass, we need to make 1st slot pass first, which is the above cost, now feed into the formula as the new itemCost:
    (1,152,857 + 800k) / 0.7 = ~2,789,796

For 3rd slot pass we will feed the cost of 2nd slot pass as the new itemCost and so on.

Feel free to discord me. I may be slow with replies these 2 weeks but will still be faster than here.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1