1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hp wash starting at 120.. is it doable?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by McGrady1, Jan 13, 2023.

1. McGrady1

McGrady1 Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2023
    Male
    6:04 AM
    McGrady
    Hi!!,

at the moment my shadower is level 120 and i poured all my ap into luk thus far, until some time ago i stopped using my ap and saved up 120 ap. Its available just sitting there ready to use but, unused because im not sure if i should pour that all into int right now or if its too late and i have to recreate my character. Really want this char to be able to do late game bossing.

i know i should have put those 120 ap points as soon i leveled and got some mp at least but i was confused about washing and still am a bit

so question is, is there any hope to achieve late game bossing (HP for without hb Pinkbean, Zak, HT) if i start pouring the stored 120 ap into int now and buy some int gear? And then level to 150-160? Thats my goal lvl to start late game stuff like bossing

My character with no equips no buffs has 3092 hp and 1987 mp if that helps. Any advice helps, been stressing me out

Thanks ML community!
    -Briant

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:04 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:04 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Looks like saving the AP was the right choice.

4. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    4:04 AM
    Corsair
    How much NX do you have saved up? If you don't have a few million I'd suggest just going with the challenges system. Still, you should hang onto those fresh AP's until we know for sure the challenges system is viable. 120 fresh AP is enough to late wash a ton of HP :p.

There's guides posted about washing late but essentially it's VERY NX hungry and requires a lot of MP washing and double washing, so make sure you understand all those concepts before you do anything.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    You can do HP challenges but you'll need an HBer in the party 100% of the time or have smokescreen(s) up so you don't take damage.

If you don't get an HBer in the party its going to be harder to do bossing content with hp challenge system, personally I'm choosing the washing path instead of doing challenges because the HP that the challenges provide won't be enough to comfortably play for any reason when lag would hit or a potion doesn't register.

You're not that late on hp washing you'll still get some hp but the washing route would just give you about the same as hp challenges would give you, so I'd just go with the hp challenges system at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:04 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    with 120 fresh AP, its doable, but will still be costly in NX. Alot will depend on how much NX you are holding now, and whats your targeted HP.

7. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    9:04 PM
    The base amount of HP you get from completing the last challenge at Level 180 is capped currently at 10k HP for Shadower. But I don't think this amount alone would align with your goal for bossing: "HP for without hb Pinkbean, Zak, HT". The challenges system was never designed to remove the utility of HB, especially in boss runs.

Unless you're willing to change your point of view, that leaves only one option: washing. Unlike the HP challenges system, there are no restrictions in place. You can stop washing at any level you want. Washing may also potentially reward you with an extra amount of HP beyond the 10k HP threshold — something the challenges system may not be able to offer you, given their "HP/MP AP locked" route.

To answer your question, starting washing at Level 120 and getting the necessary amount of HP for these bosses and without the need for HB might be do-able. At the very least, you'll need to save a reserve of NX in order to make it happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    11:04 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Shadower don't need much HP washing in general.

If you can reach 12k HP with washing on shadower + meso guard you're at 24k HP

Best bet for you is to.

A) look at the HP challenges for how much HP they will give
    B) Put the saved APs in base INT stats, and start MP washing after you have 130 base INT.
    MP wash a ton then start HP washing.
    ^ Its how I did it.

9. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Hello Briant, I just wanted to chip in my 2 cents. Since up to this point you haven't leveled up with any base int/int gear there's a good chance the amount of NX you'd require to hit your goal is on the extreme end and probably similar to hp challenges.

If you are at all willing to remake your character as you mentioned what I'd suggest is you simply enjoy this character in the most natural way and do HP challenges. This would still be enough to participate in essentially every boss without HB with the exception of PB which would only require you to have one dk, once a week. while this process is ongoing I'd suggest you start voting on a separate account in case you'd ever feel unsatisfied with your current hp and desire to remake your character into a higher washed one.

Washing and not having enough hp can definitely be stressful but by lvl 180 with hp challenges you can have anywhere between 10-12k (depending on hp gear) which guarantees having enough hp to participate in content besides PB without hb if that gives you any kind of peace

10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    the 10k hp is BASE hp at level 180.

leveling to 200 will get you another 400 or so hp, and there are hp items that can get you another 1.55k

(3x pet equip, tier 10 ring, elin forest ring).

basically with challenge system shadower will be able to do all bosses without hb

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    McGrady1

McGrady1 Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2023
    Male
    McGrady
    Thank you all so much for replying! and informing me about the challenges release!!

i understand this challenge is going to give me a boost to 10-12k (im assuming based on whats told)
    But at a lvl of 180. Which may not align to what i want which is to boss without hb in pinkbean zak and horntail.

for all those whove asked if i saved up nx, yes i have a 1,33mil nx saved in the account, and am still constantly voting everyday to save even more.

so to sum it up, would the best step for me is to go ahead and pour my saved 120 ap into int and buy some int gear to start pooling some more mp, and when will i have enough to start washing(as in what level) as i would like to boss and not just level all the way to 180-200 to start finally playing my shadower in end games. This is going to washing route.

or just pour all my ap into luk and forget about washing because its too late for me and my best bet is bossing with the challenges

thanks again i love the ML community
    -Briant

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    7:04 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    if you get 12k hp on challenges with gears, using meso guard will be enough to tank 1 hit touch dmg on pb, no?
    or just remake if you want more. u already got like almost everything for to have 30k potential and low int.

13. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    i agree with this. Having 1.3m million nx you can get200 base int and do 200 mp washes which is roughly enough mp for a 20k shad which is actually a recommended amount. Getting back to 120 shouldnt be that bad of a journey, it is a good suggestion.

14. dechenny

dechenny King Slime

Sep 21, 2022
    Male
    5:04 AM
    Maple
    It’s doable if you are not aming crazy hp amount. I started at lvl 80 I now be able to have about 10k hp as of lvl124. Just waiting for more NX. First I washed 140 of my old AP from luk into int and mp wash after. You will need to have a lot of NX to do so. Not recommended!

15. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    I would recommend using the fresh AP to MP wash and using AP resets to increase your base int. It'll be more NX costly but you'll get more HP out of it, and you can do it at lvl 120. Might have to save for a long time for that though. I did some math and with 120 fresh washes you'd need 470 base INT to get enough mana to stale wash 12k HP by lvl 200.

This will be less when factoring in fresh washes, or more fresh AP should you choose to keep saving up.

An HP goal like 12k is hard to reach without MP washing even when rolling a new character with a plan. Starting this late is going to cost a lot of time spent on voting.

470 base INT takes around 1.5M NX to AP reset in or out. Fresh AP is finite and so is the amount of HP you can get out of washing. Then again your life and interest in this server is also finite.

I would still recommend going with the Challenges system. Getting 1.5k HP from equips is definitely possible with a T10 ring so I think you should spend some time exploring the world and card hunting. HT and especially Zakum will be a cake walk without HB, and Pink Bean is a long ways away from you. IMO by the point you are consistently running PB you'll have enough invested on the server to reroll a 30k HP Shadower ez pz.

16. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    12:04 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    If you're already 120 don't bother, go for HP Challenges and you should conveniently sit at 10k/12k depending whether you're a Shadower or a NL.
    These days it doesn't really worth washing unless you go for 19k+ (which is mathematically possible at your level - but impractical).

17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:04 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Listen this shadower, he know about

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    6:04 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
  19. OP
    OP
    McGrady1

McGrady1 Blue Snail

Jan 11, 2023
    Male
    McGrady
    These are all great suggestions.

thank you so much for the help and advice ive already made a new shad which is high base int and still going, once i reach 200-250 base int should i stop and pour the rest ap into luk until im high enough of lvl to wash?

anyways thanks so much i will be using my lvl 120 shad to do the challenges when they come and use him to farm/meso mule.

See you all in the game!
    -Briant

20. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    Search the forums for a washing calculator. I recommend Pelinsu's. https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/pelinsus-hp-washing-calculator.44439/

The base INT will be determined by your HP goal. Making an 18k HP Sair for me I used 330 base INT and MP washed from lvl 71. I ended up leeching until 135 instead of 120 so I ended up with more max HP than I had originally planned (like 23k potential).

Washing a Shadower is similar but you use less MP per HP wash and you get more out of fresh washing and less out of stale washing.

When shooting for a high HP goal and MP washing base INT becomes much more important than INT gear. Still buying some budget gear will boost your potential and there isn't a reason not to buy some ints if you also play or intend to play a Mage.

200 INT and MP washing from 80 is enough to get ~13k HP potential at lvl 120 which is definitely enough to Bean without HB as a shad, but there's prolly more NX effective ways to get that much. I again recommend messing with a washing calculator to find an HP goal and NX cost you like.