1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Ship safe spot alternatives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fruit258, Jan 14, 2023.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:58 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is there a shortage of maps in this server? If you can't leech at GS because of the changes, you can go to literally any other map that already exists that hasn't been affected by the changes. Oh look, a solution.

The anti-leech side effect is a good change, intended or not. This is what I'm defending. Reverting the changes to include a safe spot would simply revert the map to being a leech-viable map, which is a bad thing since it's also a popular grinding map.

You guys are justifying your request for an extremely uncommon situation where a player cannot grasp the concept of dying by afking. If someone dies, their first instinct should be "Oh, I should stop doing that." not "Oh, I should ask for changes to this map on the forum."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    3:58 AM
    And you are justifying ur argument that plenty of other leech maps available hence its good one particular map had its safe spot removed in a custom change. Got it. Players should never suggest QoL improvements for uncommon situations.

3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    3:58 PM
    iPippy
    Mysterious Path 3 my beloved

4. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    6:58 AM
    I wouldn't mind if casting ultimate skills were disabled in Ghost Ship since I think using those skills contribute more to the problem of leeching — at least here in these maps — but the idea probably would be met with a lot of opposition.

Assuming you could stand on the chandelier by getting to it from a warp (somewhere in the map), I think you'd still get hit by the mobs because of the values set for their vertical distances.

Still, an option exists to use Ghost Ship 3 as a safe spot. I think you can move to there relatively quickly just by using the existing teleporters in Ghost Ship 1 and Ghost Ship 2. Of course, doing that means you would lose map ownership, but there are other channels, and if the map is taken on all channels, there'll always be other maps around the game for you to consider.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Perhaps suggestions would actually get implemented then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    And you would be miffed because staff provided solutions instead of players looking for workarounds.

7. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Implying suggestions don’t get accepted because people make too many of them is stupid. Especially when you consider how dead the suggestions page has been compared to 1-2 years ago.

Honestly I am surprised you are suddenly such a hardcore anti-leech activist that you would crusade against suggestions solely based on the fact that they would moderately convenience a minor sector of leechers. If you are this against leech, maybe you should make or advocate for a suggestion that actually punishes leech in a meaningful way instead of choosing the smallest hill to die on.

8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:58 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Yet arguing in favor of this change solely because it brings a minor convenience (which is unnecessary due to the sheer volume of alternatives) makes perfect sense to you?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    lol

I’m not crusading against anything. I like the changes and I think the server benefits that GS isn’t infested with leechers so that people can actually grind there when they need to.

Also I was implying that forums gets stuffed up with bad suggestions like these, hence the non-action, not that there are too many of them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    What is a minor convenience for a leecher is actually a pretty decent QoL for everyone else. All the leecher needs is a spot to sit, which already sort of exists if the seller can 1-2 shot. People actually using the map can get a lot more utility out of a rope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Exactly!

Have no idea why people consider this change untouchable and some sort of amazing solution against leech when
    1. Leechers are barely barely affected, it more hurts new players who cannot 1hit.
    2. Staff did not even implement this to counter leech.
    3. There are way more maps that contributes to the leeching meta than this.

Whether leeching is an issue is a whole different topic. Ghost ship safe spot isn't whats causing it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Reverting the attack range and disabling the stairs as platforms sounds like a good idea tbh. You can't afk grind anymore and a safe spot remains for leeching/buffing purposes, win/win imo

13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Removing the stairs as a platform messes with the rotation. You'd make the map worse for grinding in order to solve a non-issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    There are door teleports in the map? They're much better for rotation than the stairs/rope.

15. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Staff has already mentioned the reason for this change, but someone chooses to not go over and read that thread containing the information for that change. The change is a non-issue, the map has a pseudo-safe spot as long as theres someone thats actively one shotting the mobs. I don't understand how you're not processing that information, there are other servers that Kimberly has mentioned herself that has this same exact "issue" in your eyes and no one else is complaining about it because it has already been addressed. Go perma-leech your new multimages elsewhere if you're more comfortable afking in a map.

16. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Do go read the thread yourself and don't embarrass yourself man.
    And yeah i'm sure gs2 is a hotbed for multimages LMFAO.

17. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Embarrass myself in? you've disregarded Kimberly's post for the reason to what Nise said where you can find that information by solely posting the 2021 balance thread while not even looking for the end of the year thread and read between the lines and construe what Kimberly is trying to say in her post. And has the audacity to say "Do go read the thread yourself and don't embarrass yourself man." when you didn't even dig for the information that you're so inclined to search for when it's written right in front of you that you yourself have told me to "read the thread" which I have more than once, also the way you're deciphering things are wrong "staff did not mention the reason - blah, blah" when in fact they did.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...s-event-2021-balance-changes-explained.43806/
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-end-of-2021.42967/

18. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I have basically never received nor given leech to any character, my own included in the years I have been here. My argument for this change has nothing to with wanting to leech characters, in fact it’s the opposite. I want it to be better for the people who actually grind there, and I think a rope safe spot brings a lot more good than bad in that regard.

You guys don’t like leeching? You probably have way less radical opinions than me on the topic lol. But I am willing to accept a minor indirect buff to leeching for the quality of life of everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    3:58 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Kinda rude to call out people's stances and assume some of them just to prove your point. I'm neutral to whether the map should have safe spots or not. If I buy leech on the map, I should have the understanding that it's not a safe spot and change maps if I'm not comfortable with that. If an extra rope gets added or safe spot, I would use it if I needed it (which is never) but it's really not relevant to me either.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If leech is more viable in GS maps, then maps will be more crowded by leechers. If you want safe spots to exist in GS, then leech will continue to be viable and there will be fewer maps available for people who grind, hence a loss for people who grind. People dying because they want to afk in a map for a prolonged period of time is a much smaller worry than maps being unavailable for grinding due to leech prevalence.

I don't understand how you're not understanding this.

Anyways, none of this matters because I just went to GS2 and found every map but two empty - 1 is a level 50 cleric that looks like he's footpedaling anyways, and another person self-leeching, which is still 100% viable since they can control the leechers.

Let's make a suggestion thread that gets to 4 pages all for 1 person. :yay:

Edit: And let me stop you before you try to make the point that people aren't grinding there because there are no safe spots. Lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1