1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixing the economy

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by brethis, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    9:04 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Personally I hate gach and wishes every scroll was introduced to mob drops (with the proper balanced rates) but with gach remaining how it is because a lottery still can be fun. It's just not when it has to be the main source for certain items and scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RadioPhobic

RadioPhobic Brown Teddy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:04 PM
    RadioPhobic
    RIP Free market. Shops are full of trash, barely any scroll, things got very ugly.

3. Frisk

Frisk Pac Pinky

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Kasai (new main), Amira (old main)
    F/P Mage
    Labyrinth
    I fully support this, but somehow I feel like there will again be people saying "hurr durr but we had to do it the hard way from gach!" Just like with the AP Resets getting cheaper suggestion

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xquisite

Xquisite Orange Mushroom

Aug 19, 2017
    Male
    Curaçao
    Xqst
    That's kinda the main problem we have here

5. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    it's amazing how much work the farmers did to make so many items that were gach-locked items accessible for the modern day.

Today we have so many options, its never been better imo. But now with farming taken aback, it seems we are heading into another ML recession along with the supply of items dying up and without popular farmers and lack of new players and server exposure, it seems it is coming sooner than anticipated..

I thought that perhaps Prestigious Coins would absorb the demand for mesos but I was wrong, Staff didn't kil mesos but only made mesos even more wanted because the potion prices and other meso sinks have become too much for the average player to sustain.

I think there are some simple fixes the BT can implement but I don't think they will change anything regarding their economical findings (those superfluous charts that Nise posted) but instead will continue the downward round of the market where one day we will all run out of mesos to the point people will fire sell their Prestigious coins and the price with crash.

Do I know when this will happen? No, it is purely speculation however I believe it will happen sooner than we would like, at least if no changes are made to the current state of the game.

2023 will be a big year of ML, I have been playing for nearly going into 3 years now and I am disheartened to think the game will be less accessible for all. I want the game to be accessible regardless of my own bias or not. There are a lot of issues still needing to be addressed but that will come in-due time. Staff have already done great strides in removing many of the cheaters this past year and in my opinion the toxic assets contained on those accounts needed to be purged to protect the game as a whole. Fuck cheaters.

While there are other ways to circumvent the market by having more interaction (removing Owl of Minerva), I don't think this will happen either due to the expected backlash from the playerbase. Even if this is the correct fix.

Today I still think the game is thriving and the market is ever hanging but my own personal forecasts show bad signs for the players long term. There needs to be more sustainable changes and fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Stop selling bow 30s for 10m and the game already becomes a smidge more accessible

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    [QU
    TFW you take a joke too seriously.

People aren't spending 10mill on Vow 30% it's like a 5mill and less scroll currently (owl plz)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I support RyanLights central bank.

I will donate 350m to the cause.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I hope the irony of telling me that I'm the one taking a joke too seriously isn't lost on you

10. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    6:04 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    OnionCheerOnionCheerOnionCheer Yes yes and yes.

OnionListenOnionListenOnionListen true true.

OnionSweatOnionPissedOnionWarning true again, other than removing the toxicity.

OnionScaredOnionScaredOnionScared no we need owls.

OnionPerfectOnionPerfectOnionLie true.

• Creative Creative x 1