1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

hi im ryan, AMA

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by ryanlights, Jan 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    7:13 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    it's pretty sick

I am surprised that you noticed the color coordination in my FM stores :p

Well we do not know what the alternative will be nor how difficult the supposed challenges are. What if it's like survive a boss fight with low HP to earn the chance to boost your HP?
    We the public have literally no idea on what they are working on behind the scenes, so everything is purely speculation.

But the simpler answer is the useful items for bossing such as Power Elixirs, Onyx Apples etc. will see a sudden spike in-demand for a short while until the market can recover the supply.
    If the market cannot sustain (which I have a feeling it will be just fine), then maybe you'll see Onyx Apples to more than 3mill each and Power Elixirs reaching 10k each. Honestly if the influx of new bossing will end up paying for itself and the market can adjust and correct itself accordingly.

I really don't think anything will change long term though other than having players be happier with more accessible options :)

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    12:13 PM
    What is the best and worst lesson you have from your market merching adventure so far?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:13 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Do you think DK is trash?

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    8:13 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    other than having fun whats your goal in this game in terms of ambitions (characters, gears, market, etc), whats RL dreamed endgame

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    do u think the event will come this weekend

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    7:13 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    How you remember your item pricings with your so many shops and items

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    What are your thoughts on the GM buff scandal of January 6th, 2023?

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    on a scale of 1 to 10 how would you rate balance changes and state of the server in the years 2020, 2021, and 2022? what kind of changes can you foresee for this year?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    7:13 PM
    do u have a consortium which players can join to <blank> together?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do mesos grow on trees?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Mesos

Mesos Red Snail

Jun 9, 2021
    Male
    6:13 AM
    Paulsthirsty
    Magician
    In a dream scenario, at what point would you look at your MapleLegends career and say, "it's done, I have finished the game."

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    This is a tricky one because I do think very hard about my decisions in the Free Market (regardless if they have a direct impact on my own gameplay or not).

Everyday is a learning experience. Some days I login to few a hundred million mesos of sold items and some days are barely 5mill of items sold. The market cannot be controlled and the market does what it wants. My goals have always been aiming for 5-8% in total profits monthly. Anything more than that is just a bonus.

A big lesson I learned quickly on is to not waste my resources investing in items that are niche.

This includes things like: HP gear, lower level equipment, semi-rare items that have a bad droptable and so much more. I am stuck now with alot of that and its been a huge time sink trying to off-load them, even if at a profit :(

Time is money!

I think the best realization I've had in MapleLegends has most definitely been investing heavily into the Scrolls market, especially 30% Scrolls.

upload_2023-1-26_2-53-55.png

You see, you can sell up to 16 items in 1 FM store.

So you can list single items and sell them sure, but with scrolls you can list upwards of 1600 at a time in a single store. This brings my volume of sales up immensely, to the point where they have become my main focus of my item position in MapleLegends.

I also think scrolls also have the most volatility, but the market will correct itself and continue on regardless.

With everyone wanting to boost their items with scrolls, I don't see their demand any slowing down anytime soon. I will continue to hold.

No, DK is not trash and will always be a valuable member of any party.

I just wanna HT with da homies at the end of the day. Sure Pink Bean is sometimes a huge payday but it's becoming less interactive for me (since I play DK currently inside it). I know people hate to hear this but DK is subpar there as well as I choose not to berserk in the main body, makes it's less exciting for sure.

I've recently started to play my Bowmaster (which is my true main), inside HT and even when I play my Bowmaster it feels like a totally different experience, compared to my DK.

DK is sick tho still, I really enjoy it which is why I chose it as my secondary account to play, while I waited for vote NX for my Bowmaster!

I know you said "other than having fun" but that is why I play this game, for fun, it's just a game afterall and if I'm not enjoying it then I will put it down and move onto something else.
    MapleLegends keeps me logging in time after time because of all the great gameplay elements it brings and the QoL improvements that reduce the friction of the hassle of the downsides of daily login (and keeping up with the server as a whole).

Those who know me, know I barely ever scroll myself. I believe scrolling and gambling is a scam and I don't partake. This is why I instead decide to save up to purchase gear from others.
    I also dislike untradable items and think they are a waste. All this is to say that when/if something comes up, I will do my best to swiftly purchase it with my funds that I should have available/saved up by not spending it on scrolling myself.

I also think that the difference of +6 Weapon to +7 Weapon is generally not worth the investment. It's only a 3% difference in WATK (one 10% scroll), and the pricepoint expands exponentially. I am perfectly content with my +6 Sky Ski (129 WATK) and my +6 Nisrock (130 WATK). However, if upgrades becomes available and I have the funds for it I will go for it!
    But I've never been one to say, "I NEED +7 everything perfect gear with the highest total stats" because that is a huge commitment that I'm I can make at all. I also don't feel any reason to compare myself to other or even check my own @DPM inside bosses, etc. I know what I need to be doing most of the time and it's up to me to execute, and if it everything goes smoothly then it is a win for me! What I'm trying to say is that everything has purpose and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't think it was a good use of my time.

Other than this.. I don't know right now what more I could ask out of the game. I'm still enjoying my time today in January 2023 as I did in January 2021 when I started!

It's hard to say. Probably not till February 1st at this rate (and that doesn't even account for planned server offline time, which may add additional time still).

I have a very good memory, but at this point it's also muscle memory, after awhile it just come naturally. Usually I don't have to adjust prices much and I also try to stock items that I can simply copy/paste the prices in (with large/bulk quantities of same items and same pricepoints etc).

The only times I really owl lately are when I'm stocking an item in the store that either 1, I've never sold before or 2, I haven't sold in awhile and want to get the current day's market value on.

Or unless I notice price spikes and buyouts then I generally don't check prices/owl because I aim to price according to what I think the true value is worth (regardless of past sales nor other people's listings), sometimes it's not so black and white and simple to decide what to any certain pricepoints are.

But othertimes it is also pure speculation. It's all intuition.

Back in gMS I was lucky and was apart of a FM guild who taught me everything I know, fastforward to 2023 it's been able to push my progress faster than ever could've imagined.

So at this point in my progress, the only thing holding my back from reaching my final goals are vote NX.

Sorry, I wasn't online for this event, what happened??

I do have my own thoughts on each patch that I've been around for, but I cant remark on anything before my time (I started MapleLegendsin January 2021). So far so good but there is ALOT left to be desired. I feel sometimes things are addressed in manners that don't have real solutions and are basically just "bandaids".

I've said it before that I think MapleLegends is not gMS 2.0 but more like 3.0++. It's a dream to have FREE NX here compared to the real money spent I used to do back then.
    I had 15k HP Washed 200 Bowmaster in gMS Windia in 2009, and seeing ML not be pay2win is so nice honestly.

MapleLegends and the Staff do more than enough to support the server and it's community, I do think theres always something to learn and improve upon, on but right now we need to understand that they are unpaid staff who volunteer their time as a hobby for the rest of us.

We cant be so demanding on them nor their time. I appreciate the team for everything they've done to support the server past and present. Even if some poor decisions at times. I still am addicted to MapleLegends and am hooked for more!

Looking forward... hmm.. I do hope for more server QoL changes as those are just no-brainers and perhaps some DK balance (but I am not expecting a huge overhaul whatsoever)

Overall score of the current state of the game based on my experiences so far: 8/10

? huh

I have a lofty goal of 30,000 HP base on my Bowmaster. I guess it would be when I can finally gather enough AP resets for that (including transferring 400 INT points into DEX).

Also aiming to be 4 base STR (which I'm actively working towards this and almost done!!)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    No, actually they grow in the ground.

When a monster dies, mesos springs up from the ground and takes their place. This is the natural order of the Maple World.

Mesos are like carrots.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    1:13 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    1. Why are u necrobumping old threads without adding value? (necro) bumping suggestions right before an event most likely won't do anything. Unless the suggestion is so good, takes 5 minutes to discuss within staff and 5minutes to add, it probably won't be added. Ur thrashing the forums with it. annoying.

2. Can u explain this?

upload_2023-1-26_11-53-54.png

upload_2023-1-26_11-54-5.png

3. I also asked what u want for it. Why do you ignore this? I was genuinely interested.

upload_2023-1-26_11-55-29.png

Ur not making money this way Ryan!!

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:13 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Meso is debt

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    Is it weird to eat spaghetti-o's as an adult?
    Also what is your address

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    The buyer turned out to be fraud, so it is available again.

500 Prestigious Coins.

No, you can eat whatever you want, as a human you have freedom of choice.

I suggest to speak with your physician on the most optimal spaghetti-o method.

290 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Bump

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Laserbam

Laserbam Slime

Apr 18, 2016
    do you think feet pics should be considered as art on the forum as well as in game?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    stop posting and hit 200 MapleF1

• Agree Agree x 2