1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, I'm xiao, AMA.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by xiaoyaoz, Jan 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    1:48 PM
    Paladin
    Funk
    Yep, that’s what he said. Yeppers!

2. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    12:48 PM
    It is better but it can be even better, too bad aggro is always a bitch. It is also ironic that statue is the harder phase when pink bean body is (supposedly) the main objective, custom changes when? :ninja:

Balance Team basically deals with suggestions related to in-game experiences, whether that is related to game mechanics, gameplay, economy, new content etc. At any time of the day, you may suggest an idea, discuss its implications and check if others are on board with said changes. I have plenty of things I would like to change or implement in the game, my current particular interest is in introducing new content, though it is relatively harder to get people on board and getting them implemented, and we do have a huge backlog of things that want to be done. Unfortunately, time and resources are really limited and it has (also) been a balancing work to pick and choose which changes to make.

A day in my life is pretty boring, I'm currently trying to finish my thesis so that I can graduate in time, so it has been a lot of just research, reading, and writing, though most of the time it is just me procrastinating like how I post this forum thread so I can procrastinate even further :roflmao:
    My morning ritual is probably the worst, which is wake up, check discord and forum.. LOL

No expectation is the best expectation since you not only wont be disappointed, but also feel surprised when it happened. So, no, event will never come except until Kimmy post the patch maintenance thread. ;)

Hmm, maybe the first one, since that gives a big (and arguably unfair) advantage to people to benefit from, but it is an unexpected bug that is no one's fault so.. oh well.
    I wouldnt stop 2. because how else do we get pog content on forum? :roflmao:

Hihi, pop a question! :)

Fold, just feels better in almost every way.

The prestigious coins problem, we have few suggestions but the ideal one where most are happy of requires a good amount of developer work which we have delayed multiple times unfortunately. Like I mentioned to MainSanMainSan question, it has also been a balancing choice on what to prioritise and this prestigious coin/white scroll/chaos scroll problem is unfortunately not that prominent in comparison. Will it ever be implemented or changed? I honestly don't know. In fact, there are multiple ideas in the past that gain lots of consensus but never reach completion, so, just because I said we have discussed/delay something, doesnt mean it would be changed. Though, as a player, the best you can do if you want something to be changed is to post a very creative idea that can be implemented very easily and has a very convincing reason to do so.
    A fair point from -ovv-ovv, how or what will you set ws:cs as? Having a fix NPC price basically kills the way how it was priced before.. hmm

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:48 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    If you would choose Soylent or Huel as a meal replacer drink, which would you choose and why?

4. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    I have never tried both drinks so I wouldn't know, and I'm also not a fan of other drinks outside of normal drinking water.. so.. chances of me trying them is also pretty low, what would you choose?

5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Soylent, I've tried Creamy Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry. (I personally don't like their Strawberry flavor)

I've tried to get the original flavor before buying it in bulk from their website but some retail stores have them sold out, really wanted to see if it actually tasted like "cereal milk" (the taste of milk after you've eaten all the cereal it contained)

Here's their website if you're interested in what flavors they have and nutrition facts here

https://soylent.com/pages/about-soylent

https://soylent.com/pages/daily-vitamins-and-minerals

Drinks, bottled and powered.
    https://soylent.com/collections/all-drinks/complete-meal

https://soylent.com/collections/all-powder

They also have cookie brownie bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Brownie.
    https://soylent.com/collections/squared

-
    My typical Soylent subscription order is 1 box each of Creamy Chocolate(12)/Vanilla(12) (so 24 bottles) bottled drinks and 2 Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip (24) bars. (so 48 bars)

6. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    8:48 AM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    oh don't worry i'm plenty surprised already

7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

8. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Since joining the Staff team, do you think you've made any real impact on MapleLegends as a whole?

This is a serious question, please don't take this the wrong way.

9. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    9:48 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    What do you think about the current state of AifHeben?

10. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    No offense taken, but I think the most significant impact I did after joining Staff is by bringing ideas to completion, even when said idea is not my idea or my preferred idea. I don't know how many people know this, but many many of the idea we have seen in the forum or get raised by people, are hardly original. Many of them can even be trace back years ago which many got developed into various stages that somehow didnt reach its final stage of implementation. One great example is the gach-exclusive scroll drops that got added in Summer 2022, that idea was raised way back I think since 2017? and over the years many people have been trying to complete the work but didn't. It wasn't my idea to begin with, and it wasn't my interest either, even some parts of it I was having complains of, and yet I still help with completing the work so that players will benefit and the server will progress instead of ideas just stuck in development. I always wish I can do more but I understand our limits and try to work around to see what can be done better.

It can be much better, but I'm not sure what is the preferred way of improving it. One thing I have learnt since, is how people actually don't really appreciate a difficult content for a game like Maple. Whether to lower/maintain/increase the difficulty is always a dilemma for me somehow. I also think it is underdevelop in its meta because of how rarely it is run. I think one of the mistake we have, is to still somehow try to retain some of its original behaviour even though we are already customising some others. Somehow I feel like many players don't really care about how authentic or original-like the boss is anymore. If we are already releasing a customly adjusted Auf, then maybe it is better we plan it from scratch instead of trying to tweak the old original Auf to something that might align with our objective.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  11. stomachache

stomachache Horny Mushroom

Mar 11, 2020
    Tokyo
    9:48 PM
    Remorse
    Hero
    Colors
    Do you agree with me that Zoni sux and why yes?

12. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Zoni sux, 3 level 200 NLs, probably a 4th one coming eventually also :confused:
    But somehow this can also be seen as his strongest point :cautious:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I don't think it's true people dont enjoy or appreciate challenging content/bosses. The way it's made "challenging" is a big part of what makes it fun or unfun. It's definitely very possible to make a fun prebb boss that is also challenging (Empress is a perfect example). I think the main issue is how rewarding that content is. Part of the fun and satisfaction a player has from completing a hard boss is the reward you get from it, which is the main problem regarding auf. It being one of the hardest bosses and arguably the hardest (less safety net than PB) it should have a high expected value per run and if that was the case i'm sure it would feel more enjoyable and worth while.

14. SiriusPlaque

SiriusPlaque Slime

May 15, 2020
    What is your thesis about, and do you think it will be more widely read than your pink bean guide?

15. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    What new content would you like to see implemented in the future?

16. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Well maybe what I learnt is wrong but the impression I have gotten is so. Honestly, most if not all the bosses in Maple is not "challenging", and it is pretty unfortunate how the bosses around level 180 don't even properly reflect its supposed difficulty (looking at toad being just another krexel kek). Reward wise, I also hate how at level 180+ everything just end up being pcoin/ws/cs related as it is just so monotonous, but that is just how the game is. I wish things will be more diverse so different content gets run for different reasons. Current Auf definitely has its own fair share of problems.

My thesis is about the latent position models for network data, which specifically attempts to tackle the specification of the model dimension via a Bayesian nonparametric setting with shrinkage priors. It is pretty specific to this set of models, addressing one of its assumption, so, it is pretty theoretical and methodological. I think it wouldn't be that popular actually, only people that care about refining the models would look into it while others may just use it as a tool without knowing its full detail. So, maybe my pink bean guide would have gotten a wider read audience if I have continuously update it.. LOL

Dragon Rider Party Quest and Empress. Unfortunately, both have their own set of non-v62 mechanics needed to be implemented before they can be introduced. Probably will take a really long time to get implemented if they even get chosen for implementation. :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    You can with ask yourself, what items in the game can a white scroll be used on (99% of all equips with slots in the game). What equips can you scroll with chaos scrolls (way less). You can even use ws with cs, which you have to do if you plan on making a godly item.
    Back at the 5th anniversary, we had cs go for 60m and ws go for 105m. If you look at the ratio cs was 75 % cheaper than ws. Around the 6th anniversary, cs went for 120m and ws 140m-160m the ratio was 16,6% - 33%. This 16,6%-33% index ratio seemed to me to be like this both before the 5th anniversary and after.

To answer your question you have to take the current price of 100 p-coins (3.3m ea) + meso sink tax 10m = 340m.
    293,1m - 255,63m (88,818 p-coins -77,46 p-coins)

or calculated without the meso sink tax of 10m.
    283,01m-248,12m (85,76 p-cioins - 75,18 p-coins)

I would put the prestigious coin to 85-80 p-coins and keep the 10m meso sink tax.

• Like Like x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You're making the assumption that demand for chaos scrolls don't change over time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    You can see that the price for chaos scroll has changed with my two examples. I am pointing out that cs has always been cheaper than ws. and the demand is higher for ws than cs