1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pretigious coin expiration +ws/cs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Feb 7, 2023.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:50 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What's wrong with hoarding?

2. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    You do realize if two items have different expiration dates that they need to occupy different etc slots right? So after just a few boss runs your etc will be bloated with a lot of coins. Even just tracking the amount of coins you have would be an ordeal since you would need to count every individual instance of coins.

Also this makes collecting coins to use yourself much more difficult, which I am not a fan of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Yes, they may take up slots likewise with it's current iteration but also mostly no because at most they'll take up 3 slots or up to 5 for the average bossers.

all coins opened in a specific month will be expired at the end of the following 3 months
    As I said, for any pouches picked up or coin generated by dropped pouches they have a 3 month term of expiration. Let's say for example, if coins or pouches from boss drops are opened in February, it will be expired at the end of May.
    all pouches and expiring coins at end of May can be stacked

hence you may only stack boss pouches and coins ending in the month of Jan, Feb~July, and so forth.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What's wrong with hoarding?

5. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Potential consequences of serious hoarding include poor economic health and griefing concerns of players

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can you explain the symptoms of poor economic health? From my understanding, prestigious coins allow for players to progress towards their goals by doing content and bossing. White scroll/Chaos Scroll production was mostly tied up to farming in the past, but prestigious coins allow for casual players to slowly build towards these items, too.

Do you think there is more economic mobility today or less?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    "From my understanding, prestigious coins allow for players to progress towards their goals by doing content and bossing"

hello and yes, that is 100% you either use it or lose it

8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Should players lose exp and levels when they stop playing?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    what are you suggesting there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    10:50 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    This thread just reminds me of how many dislikes I got for saying Prestigious coins was a bad idea lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  11. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I’m drawing a parallel. Why do you feel like one form of progress needs to be intervened with while other forms of progress are not? My question exemplifies the ridiculous nature of your suggestion. And you still haven’t really answered my previous question. If hoarding has negative effects to the economy, so as you say, what are the symptoms of a suffering economy?

Are people not currently capable of accumulating wealth and progressing towards their goals with the prestigious coin system implementation? Whereas before, people were required to farm mesos to buy out the short-supply market or procure the ws themselves via gach, people can now get by mostly via bossing without engaging in the economy at all.

Your suggestion would force people to engage in the economy and lose progress at every step. I'd say that's probably more griefing to players than current systems in place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    What do you think about it now?

13. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜

Ok, if you insist.

"Your suggestion would force people to engage in the economy and lose progress at every step."

well yeah, its how capitalism works, you have to pay your effort and time to play.
    In real life you have to pay to play. Some people get to play at the expense of others paying.

no, 3 months isn't a huge hindrance to any players.
    everything can be done in a matter of a week or so if one were to apply themselves.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    10:50 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    I have mixed feelings about it, I never said that people who boss shouldn't be rewarded for their efforts and I agreed people who primarily boss and don't mob at all felt the balancing was off compared to people who were mage mobbing all day long. However, I feel something else could have been done instead of a coin system that could easily made bossing much more lucrative whether it was changing drop rates of certain items or moving the items themselves around.

The biggest culprit in all of this is probably the white scroll itself. If the game just had chaos scrolls, 30, 60s, 70s and 10s that would be good enough than having a white scroll that everyone is after to create the perfect weapon. But you can bet I am going after all the WS i can find as long as it does exist but I was never the hugest fan of the mechanic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    10:50 PM
    I do think there are issues with pcoins, the main one being the unnecessary pegging of chaos and white scrolls.

However, still do not see why you think hoarding pcoins in particular is a problem. When you owl you can see plenty of coins and pouches in circuluation, and from what I can remember prices have been stable for a while. There does not appear to be a lack of market supply at all.

Unless you can imply that forcing more pcoin into circulation can solve the massive inflation of other items (hello 30% scrolls, hello mw20), I do not see what your proposal can achieve.

16. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is inflation really a problem if the amount of time worked to purchase goods stays the same? It's not like people aren't able to make their monthly rent or are going hungry and homeless in Maple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. twing1

twing1 Pink Teddy

Aug 10, 2020
    Male
    twing1
    Beginner
    One of the largest potential benefits of a change like this that I see (and hasn't been addressed yet) is the inevitable reduction in the meso value of prestigious coins, white scrolls, and chaos scrolls.

By eliminating hoardability of these items, a large portion of the demand for these items will be removed from the market (in the portion of the population that buys up prestigious coins for the intent of hoarding). Removing this portion of demand from the market is guaranteed to drive the prices of these items down, and make them more attainable for people who are actively trying to perfect their weapons or gear. In my opinion, this is a good thing.

Of course, if not enough demand for these items exist after the hoarding demand has been eliminated, a change like this has the potential to completely devalue prestigious coins altogether. One way around this would be a one-way exchange from prestigious coins into mesos (and not vice versa), so that if someone who obtains prestigious coins is unable to find a buyer, they can at least exchange their coins for some amount of mesos at an NPC or the like. This would ensure that coins never become worthless, and provide a floor to the meso value of said coins, acting as a safety net. The one-way nature of the coin to meso exchange ensures that people cannot simply exchange mesos for coins without engaging in bossing activities.

While this solution could lead to an increase in "printed mesos", which is inarguably a problem because of its contribution to inflation, valuing the exchange rate from coins to mesos at a low enough value will motivate players to sell their coins to actual players, thereby taking mesos out of the economy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If coins start expiring and drop in price, mesos will become more valuable, and strategies to farm mesos will become much more prevalent. Bossing becoming less profitable will turn people away from bossing, thus reducing the coin supply generated from people actively bossing, and more people will go back to mage farming because mesos/gach don't expire.

Fewer people bossing = smaller supply of coins
    Smaller supply of coins = increased cost of coins
    Increased cost of coins = more people mage farming and less people bossing

Mage farming becomes, once again, the only way to play the game.

This is all my speculation - feel free to critique it.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Have you put any thought into whether or not this could be reasonably implemented?

Would coins with different expiration dates be unable to stack?
    If not which expiration date would the new stack get? If it would work like tagged apples where you can choose which expiration date gets "kept" then you could easily cheese the system. If it always defaulted to the oldest expiration date then they would essentially be unstackable. Seems like a massive decline in QoL. You will have to make many many mules to hold your tiny stacks of coins from splits or small pouches

Seems like a (reach) for some high level solution suggestion with little to no thought into how it could be implemented.

Also not exactly sure what issue with the economy this is solving.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:50 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    You can get a bigger issue doing that:
    no one buy coins til some1 sell it by despair..

people who are riches and hoard can use now, to the casual player will get it devalued

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1