1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gears Switching System Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lkjlkj, Feb 10, 2023.

1. lkjlkj

lkjlkj Snail

Jan 2, 2023
    Male
    3:26 PM
    White Knight, F/P Mage
    Eternals
    This suggestion is about wanting to add a so-called "Gears Switching System" which allow players to use keyboard to switch their gears conveniently.

In MapleLegends, as my own experience, there are several scenarios where this function matters. (Including but not limited to)
    1. For hybrid warriors, switching different weapons fast can reach their attack potential (especially DK's Crusher and Dragon Fury).
    2. For arcmages, switching different elemental staff/wand can improve specific elemental magic attack.
    3. For all maplers, switching different gears with a kinda stat can increase efficiency (Red Whip in town, you know).

And here I have 2 patterns about this system:
    1. Add a "Key" which serve as "Gears Switching Key", so that you can press it to switch all of your gears in rotation after "Gears Group Setting" (group 1 → group 2 → group 3 → group 1 → ...).
    2. Enable Gears to use from keyboard.

Hope this opinion can be adopted!Happy Maplelegends!

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    3:26 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Would definitely be helpful for swapping to intgear as well, would be pretty cool if it was possible to implement something like this. A lot of the modern games have a similar system.

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:26 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    While this is a very cool feature in a bunch of MMO's, I don't think it's remotely feasible to implement in (this version of) MapleStory.
    Practically speaking, how would you assign gears to a 'group'? Would staff have to design/implement an entirely new window for this? That doesn't sound worth the effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    3:26 PM
    Allow eq to be dropped into the skills macro tab could be logistically easier than creating a custom window.

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Would this bypass the need to return to idle state in order to change equips?

6. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I think a system like this promotes extreme laziness. In the worst case where you would have to change every single slot you have equipped, it would still only take like 15-20 seconds max.

I also don't know much about programming, but I could imagine this would open up a bunch of potential glitches, if it's even possible to add at all in this version.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    4:26 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I like this idea, as a Ragnarok player is nice when u can use a key as gear change

8. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit
    Sounds like a big mess to make just to make metaslaving easier, if you care so much about efficiency

If you're familiar with it, this is a thing in flyff and its such stupid gameplay. Equips/builds have their pros and cons and if you can just switch it up with the click of a button this becomes messy.

You already have to open your inventory when you change your activity, town scrolls and so on. And you cant change mid-combat anyways the delay to get your breath back more or less covers the time it would take to navitage to your equips.

as a nx hoe it sounds nice to swap sets easily but again its so much effort for a niche QoL

• Agree Agree x 1