1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

previous event hair & face coupon for gachapon.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Feb 13, 2023.

Would like to have previous event hair & face coupons added to gachapon?

Poll closed Apr 14, 2023.
  1. yes, I have a face that I would like to get.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. yes, there is a hairstyle I want to have for my character.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Yes, it would be great to have them tradeable.

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. no, I disagree with adding hair & face coupons as a gachapon reward.

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    10:42 PM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I am making this thread because I am sure that me and many others would like to have a chance to obtain previous event hair &/or face.

I think adding the coupons as awards on the same rarity as ws/cs to gachapon would be a great way to reintroduce certain event hair & face styles that are rare. adding the specific coupons to match the event of the month/season?
    Like for example, if it was Christmas event at the time of the year, then we can have winter hair/face coupons from previous year added to gachapon ONLY for the duration of the Christmas event?

if not gachapon, maybe the event raffle?

you have gained an item (summer hair coupon 2018)
    you have gained an item (Winter face coupon 2020)
    you have gained an item (Anniversary hair coupon 2022)

make them tradeable as well? or not... that's up to the staff to decide
    all the more reasons more new players to join & stay~

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    7:42 AM
    Chief Bandit
    Modern hair/eyes are terrible I literally puke when I see all the uwu duwu characters, much rather have them stay rare. Reason to run away, not stay

I believe there's also times where a poll is opened about reintroducing a specific style

3. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    opinion, I see there.
    well then, rare are the players that get those hairstyles.

I for one have a specific hair in mind but it was only obtainable with an event coupon from 2019.

4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:42 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Imagine a new player
    poor af
    try lucky in gacha
    and get a hair..

no way in normal gacha e.e

5. FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    1:42 PM
    These items are referred to as 'event' items because they can only be obtained through events.
    It would make sense to consider reintroducing them in future events.

6. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    11:42 PM
    Corsair
    The more items in gacha the less likely you are to get a specific one. Also, people who participated in past events and got event exclusive hairs and faces I think deserve to keep it exclusive. I like the idea that older players get rewarded with legacy items and styles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    I did not label my coupons with "event" in them but they function the same as those event ones.

I've been waiting for 4.5 years. I doubt they're going to reintroduce them, let alone the very specific ones I want.

Will event planners reintroduce >4 previous hairstyles in a separate event hair coupon in addition to the main coupon that introduces newer hairstyles?

8. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    7:42 AM
    Chief Bandit
    Will the event planners
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    1:42 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I guess this is an uncalled for opinion but since you mentioned some sort of cosmetic gacha i'll dump my idea here. I'm completely aware that this is a hot take and there's more to it and i'll probably bother to write about but I believe legends SHOULD "monetize" more aggressively. By this I mean increasing the cosmetic options via donations be it by a donor gacha that allows for old event items + exclusive items (possibly on a seasonal rotation), purchasing old event hairs with donor cash and in any other way the staff sees fit. My whole idea with this approach is quite simple. At the end of the day, we are all adults and we all care about money and there's hardly any better motivator. Providing an incentive to staff members (I'm mostly referring to developers in this case) who use the knowledge they obtained via some sort of education and is otherwised paid in any other context would be a great approach. I'm not trying to imply that the development staff works less because of the voluntary status but it's common knowledge that if an incentive is given, chances are better/faster results will come.

I'm saying this because I believe there's a lot of members including myself who wouldn't mind having more options to spend our donation points on and would be at ease knowing that the money is going towards the hardworking staff members. There's chance that this could increase the pace at which the game is developed which obviously helps with the retention of players, and the influx of new ones. I believe there's nothing more important than releasing events in their due dates. Mostly because people are free to play during these time periods and not weeks/months after when school/work resumes. There would also be a direct relationship between the quality/speed of the updates and the amount of donations received (Since the livelier the game is, chances are more players are around to donate).

Obviously I can't know for sure what kind of IRL obligations developers have or whether money would be a proper incentive or not but I do know it's a great incentive in general. Given that this is not the case, I'd still be in favor of having more options to spend my donation points on and further support the server. I apologize if this somehow offends anyone and is deemed too controversial, I simply respect the job that is being done with this server and I'm rooting for it to be on its best possible version. There's also a big chance this idea is completely against the design philosophy of the server in general and given that's the case, I completely respect the sentiment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜

the staff? I think he/they does it for free.
    like.. they don't get paid for being part of the staff but idk that might have changed. -I have since then been a retiree of this game for 2 years now.

but hmm, Yeah if I were to still play or play again I wouldn't mind paying in terms of donation points for previous event hair/face coupons.

11. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    11:42 PM
    Corsair
    I think staff getting paid for their work is a great idea. I does raise some issues though. If staff begins to rely on a paycheck then the server begins to cost more money to keep running. The money can only come from one place, and that's us as the players. The server population is really small, and I can't imagine the staff team gets nearly enough from donations to pay full salaries for all of them. The team might have to employ more and more aggressive forms of monetization to keep the server running, and I could see a change like this causing a lot of issues internally.

12. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    1:42 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Well the way I see it is amongst all the staff positions, it's perfectly fine for most of them to be voluntary. Most of these positions truly have an impact in the course of the game but even then I'd say the one with the biggest work load is that of a developer. Not only do developers carry the biggest workload but also arguably one of the biggest responsibilities. I'm not exactly sure how it works but if I were to assume for the most part, most staff positions are in a way whatever you can chip in. A role in development definitely consumes way more time than any other staff roles all to say that I'd say other positions are "Mostly fine" in terms of being voluntary.

I'm not talking about a full salary, and more so an incentive (based on what can be given which is based on whatever was earned during the month) but truth be told any extra money that comes from a side hustle definitely helps (regardless of the amount) as I doubt the server has the large scale it would require to fully pay full time salaries.

At the end of the day, the only line legends cannot cross is that of being pay to win in any way. Everyone knows how succesful the gacha and lootbox bussiness model is and applying that system only including cosmetics is completely valid. At the end of the day, it is the players choice whether they spend or not and would not be required to.