1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Axes...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gallimar, Jan 25, 2022.

1. OP
    OP
    Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    10:44 AM
    Beginner
    Basically the math would be for the admins to figure out. But yes Brandish is 1hit 1stab.
    Also remember: swords needs to remain ontop "with" all the buffs. So that the market does not get changed due to this little suggestion of mine (buffing axes in some way).

As i said before i dont care if they add a small crit or if they do something else. Aslong as axes arent as useless as they are now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Gallimar

Gallimar King Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
  3. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    4:44 AM
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    [​IMG]
    106 Clay vs 123 Tabarzin
    17 attack diff and it still does less damageOnionthehehe

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    11:44 AM
    Hero
    best suggestion ive seen on forum so far
    very nice bro XatBlush

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. TofuLady

TofuLady Snail

Feb 25, 2023
    Female
    3:44 AM
    TofuBullet
    Warrior, Pirate
  6. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    A bit late to the post but changes like this should be normalized. The fact that there are still so many original flawed designs present in our current iterarion somewhat surprise me.

I'm sure something like this is bound to change since with every patch it seems like legends is starting to move more and more into the custom territory in the good sense. Although it would make sense for axes and bws to be better for their respective classes, at the very least making the margin between them and swords more slim is a reasonable start. Given that was a case, the cheaper price of an axe could end up meaning with the same amount of funds you could make a significantly stronger hero which would already be a benefit.

At the end of the day, a lot of people are okay with trading a bit of damage just to enjoy their characters more. Idk if it's just my own bias but I see way more BW paladins vs swords even though swords are technically better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    We just don't give a fuck. Hammer bros unite!

8. Tommygunner

Tommygunner Mixed Golem

Oct 29, 2020
    dont' DKs use both polearm and spear? im not sure exactly why, but what if something similar is done to sword and axe? i also like passive crit idea and i also agree since sword can be used by two classes it should be weaker.

9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:44 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    one for each kind of skill

10. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    1:44 AM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    lol.

ok chief axe

11. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela

12. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    1:44 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I think Axe could easily be made a viable niche weapon without really changing its current role as mostly NPC fodder or odd-job content

1. Combine Axe and Sword skills. A practical hero build isn't going to allocate SP on axe skills because the DPM is strictly inferior, and SP is already tight especially in 3rd Job
    2. Exaggerate the ratios of the Axe's Swing vs Stab without changing its DPM so that Hero can hit higher lines

So for example if the Stab vs Swing right now is 3.0 vs 5.0, Change it to 1.0 vs 7.0 (I'm sure the actual math is much more complicated but you get the idea)

The 7.0 higher line will let Hero be a pinner all the content that they would normally would be a subpar last choice attacker in like Dunas, Nameless, etc

• Like Like x 1
  13. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    I'm all for axe boeufs, and believe me, it's absolutely not my intention to lead this conversation astray; but as a side note:

I've actually been thinking about your first suggestion, but for paladins with their maces and swords. With every element being tied to a specific weapon type, we're currently short 90 SP to max our three elemental skills in third job alone; and as you mentioned, heroes are already short on SP as is, and the same is true for paladins. It's even worse if you're a one-handed shield enjoyer like myself, and would like to spend some of your hard-earned points in Shield Mastery. Then you can certainly forget about Magic Crash. Luckily, for the time being, both of those skills are completely and utterly useless though. So there's that.

14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    shield mastery is useless, but i get your point

15. duski

duski Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    MigueI
    Bishop
    Chroma
    It is not even necessary to get 2h maces/axes on par with the swords, at least making those options at least viable in damage or speed and not completely useless.