1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase LPQ (and possibly other PQ) card drop rate.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siegfried, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    3:53 PM
    In the case of LPQ, there's usually 5-6 people rolling for cards, which don't drop very frequently. It's also very possible to get 1-2 cards or none at all by the time you're level 45 (for EPQ because you're sick of LPQ) or 50.

Don't want to repeat LPQ forever just to get a card that drops, but you still lose the roll dice luck on top it.

Doesn't have to drop 100% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    EPQ and PPQ card drop rate feels abysmal. An drop rate increase would be appreciated.

3. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    6:53 AM
    Magatia PQ is the worst in this aspect. It is practically impossible to complete even if you PQ all the way from 71 to 85. I haven't really had that much of a problem for LPQ cards actually.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    I've done Magatia before. You're right, it's really bad.

As for LPQ-- if you've had multiple characters before and gotten them to Level 50 before, you'd know what I mean. It's really boring after a while, and giving the newer players chances to get more cards and the opportunity to go do something else, i.e. grinding or questing, without feeling pressured to spam LPQ is a good choice. Same goes for other PQs.

Given how in general PQs are Level-limited and your party usually shifts around in members, then I think it's a nice improvement if winning the dice roll nets you a likely card.

5. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I honestly think it isn't that big of an issue to make it 100% drop rate. PQ participation should be encouraged, and the card set should be considered a viable reward.

6. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    7:53 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Just to point out that PQ boss cards can be purchased from Tienk in the Taiwan map if one is not willing to stick around the PQ level cap for too long.
    But a slight increase to the drop rate would be nice for the PQs that take quite a fair bit of time to complete.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    12:53 AM
    Yes, I've done OPQ for like 40-50 times and only got 2/5 by the time I got to level 70 :D , it's that bad.

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    If only there were a stone that players could use solely for PQs to farm monster book cards or chairs for without having to waste everyone's time in the party to kill off their character to lower their experience points so that they don't out level the PQ to make sure that they get the rewards.
    (balrog seal stone) smile

9. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    This is more of curing the symptom rather than addressing the root cause. No need to suicide or curb leveling if the drop rate is higher. 50 runs and 2 cards is simply ridiculous.

10. SallyFace

SallyFace Blue Snail

Mar 2, 2023
    11:53 PM
    Taxidermy
    Cleric
    Rainbow
    Depending on the prices in this shop this is the solution to the issue this thread is addressing.

The issue being some players hitting a string of bad luck and being unable to gather 5/5 cards before out-leveling or getting too bored of the PQ to continue. The issue is NOT low drop rate in itself, however - raising drop rates will obviously cause fewer players to be affected by getting fewer boss cards than 5 through PQ. Even when raising the drop rate to 100% there will be players who 1) don't win enough rolls and 2) don't get in with other party members who pass on rolls. Thus, they will still be "affected by" missing boss cards and thereby have to turn to the NPC Shinohara talked about for the cards anyway.

My point here is - it seems to me that the drop rate is an assumed cause to a problem affecting a substantial amount of players who PQ. I doubt that that is the case, seeing as I have done LPQ on 3 toons, getting 5/5 cards within 4 levels on 2 of them and the 3rd is at 3/5 cards and just hit level 43. I suppose only the admins have access to the hard facts and know for certain.

In short: I would agree that the drop rate should be raised if more than 20% of card-collecting players end up with missing cards. I would argue that the NPC selling cards solve the issue - if priced appropriately.

P.S. On the topic of issues with collecting boss cards. Please, if possible, disable pet loot while in boss rooms. And I suggest implementing a party-roll command that display the winning party member(s) present in the map. E.g. Input: !proll/!partyroll - Output: 1) Larry, 2) Ashley, 3) SallyFace. Make it difficult for people to loot by accident.

11. martinsoi

martinsoi Snail

Jan 11, 2023
    Male
    11:53 PM
    Fewhits
    Beginner
  12. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    The price is 10m per card btw. I see it more for completionists who don't like to participate in pqs rather than for people who participate in pq to complete cards.

Have u tried magatia pq? I've yet to meet anybody who managed to complete the set even fully upgrading their eye of horus. In any case, what is the issue of letting pq cards have a 100% drop rate? As u mentioned, people need to roll for it anyway, so on average u will still need many runs to complete one set of 5. E.g. for LPQ runs of 6 ppl you need 30 runs of 100% drop rate.

13. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    7:53 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Its 10m per card if you're purchasing with pure mesos, 5m otherwise if you procure specific drop items for the respective card exchange (e.g 200 Littleman C's Necklace [​IMG] for Alishar's card).

• Like Like x 1
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:53 PM
    iPippy
    With all the extra card sets released over the years, tier 10 has never been easier.
    There are at least 300 sets I'd rather do than PQ, and I'll actually get more exp and drops, to boot. Can refer to Sku's old PQ analysis for why LPQ is a bigger noob trap than even bw pallies. Even if I knew I'd only have to PQ 5 times (guaranteed drop for everyone on the party), cards from pqs such as LPQ and MPQ would still be slower than enough sets to not be worth hunting on their own, and are worse than just grinding (or even leeching).

The only mechanical reasons a player would want the card set is for tier 10 ring or book completion. If going for book completion, you'll have to be 175+ just to struggle to get pb and auf cards anyways, where 25m and 1k etc from a mob that you'll have hunted for cards anyways is a drop in the bucket and can be farmed faster than a full Alishar set.

And if gathering PQ cards for the purpose of tier 10 ring? Go kill literally anything else in-game and you'll make more progress towards tier 10 than sticking around. EPQ and maaaybe kpq are exceptions-but that's because epq is actually a pretty decent pq in its own right if not washing.

Tl;dr: PQs should not be done with the expectation of cards. I hear that even the current #1 book rank bought 26 PQ cards (with no pq set put towards tier 10).

• Like Like x 1
  15. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Doesn't address the fact that the drop rate for the boss cards is abysmally low for the PQ's where the level constraint is harsh, IE: MPQ and EPQ. Just because you can obtain similar results elsewhere doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    The abysmal exp and rewards from pq is a whole different discussion. This thread highlighting about the often impossibility of completing a set of cards even if a player pqs the entire level range, which should not be the case. Why shouldn't this incentive be made available to make pqing ever slightly more palatable? Like you said, it is completely not worth it to grind pq for cards, and this is precisely the issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:53 PM
    iPippy
    If the way to incentivize pqs was through the cards, pqs are doomed to suck forever. Perhaps I wasn't explicit enough when I say that even if you guaranteed a card for every party member for every run of a pq, then lpq, opq, and mpq would still be disaster tier content (and many others debatable). It's true that buffing pqs is a different topic, but it's the much more relevant one as it's impossible to buff copium cards enough to not trivialize the content with a "mule 5 runs and done" mentality. I want to see pqs become viable as well, but cards are not the way.

I think I already know your answer to this but want to know the justification: are players entitled to a full set of cards for running a pq? Compared to pq equipment, cards can be attained even at level 200.

18. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Yes it is important to buff pqs in other ways, but that may require a bigger change with more balancing considerations. Increasing the drop rate of pq boss cards should be extremely easy to implement for a quick win while not compromising the bigger picture. What is wrong with that?

Regarding your 2nd point, name a monster card u can grind for 15 levels and still be 2/5. Is that entitlement or simply reasonableness?

Telling new players to stay away from pqs instead of improving it because they are noob traps is very unhealthy for the server since pq is one of the main reason many were drawn back in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Gold shaolin giant/monks at 7F xD

20. brunandes

brunandes Windraider