1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Add a non-public suggestions section for the forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alyosha, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:22 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Sometimes you might want to make a suggestion without the general server knowing. It might be because publicizing will exacerbate the problem you wish to address, or that your argument hinges on an interaction you had with another player and you don't wish for it to be public, or because suggestion itself being widely known would take away some of the magic or spontaneity of the suggestion should it have merit.

So I suggest having a "private" suggestion category that only staff can read.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    6:22 AM
    Frenzied
    While that idea seems pretty nice in theory, I feel like the quantity of idiotic threads would be pretty high. Staff could monitor it and warn/ban the people who make such threads, but it would be a lot more work for them.

3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:22 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    IMO its a thing that deserves a try

4. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:22 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    They're easy enough to just ignore. It would be a mistake on the part of anyone to make a suggestion with the intention of having a dialogue with staff, be it in the public forum or in private. It's just not a part of the current forum culture.

5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:22 PM
    Moderator Post
    Many people have contacted us in the past with suggestions on Discord. NO, don't spam us with them --- but if you have a very long thought-through suggestion for us you can always message us (or at least me) about it and it'll be read/thrown to staff if interesting.

I'll talk to staff and see if we need something like this for forums too or not, because this is more a suggestion that would be for them than it is for me

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1