1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Item Loot Messages for Onyx Apples in APQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Taima, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Taima

Taima Mushmom

May 23, 2021
    Female
    3:15 PM
    Taima
    Beginner
    Oddjobs
    Most sane APQers participate in this hellsport for one reason: Onyx Apples.

[​IMG]
    It can be a shame when another player loots your Onyx Apple and then leaves without owning up to it. It's also near impossible to prove. I'm not speaking from a place of personal butt pain over this rare issue, but rather out of curiosity over what's technically possible.

Could item loot messages be implemented when a player loots an Onyx Apple in APQ's rewards stage? I can think of two ways in which this could be done.

The simple way:
    A blue-text message visible to all party members, stating that a player has looted an apple.

The complex way:
    A blue-text message visible to all party members, stating both the name of the player who has looted an apple, and the name of the player who broke the box containing that apple.

Is it technically feasible in-game to record which player broke a box, tag the Onyx Apple(s) that dropped as belonging to that box or player, and display a message containing both upon item loot? And why would one want this?

[​IMG] The possible good:

+ Easily discern true apple thieves on the spot
    + Accidental apple looters will know who to return the apple to
    + Forces instant recognition of your excellent luck when looting 3+ apples

[​IMG] The possible bad:

- Requires work to implement, and might not be worth the work
    - Some may find the blue-text spam to be annoying rather than helpful
    - Could actually be a handholdy kind of feature that ML players don't want
    - Could foster a negative environment where screenshots of apple theft are shared (possible toxicity, branding of players as "blacklisted" over an actual mistake, no way to tell if the player later did return the apple)

I lack the foresight to accurately predict if this is a good idea or not, but the idea was interesting enough to type this up. I don't even think apple theft is a frequent issue, but when it does happen, it's truly awful.

Is this a good idea? Can this suggestion be improved in any way?

• Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Oolong

Oolong Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2019
    Female
    10:15 AM
    xoJoolie
    Bowman
    Perion
    Not sure if this can be done (am not a dev kek), but in the meantime would you be able to use an outside program to screen record? Cause that's what I do every time i do APQ bonus. It's called GeForce Experience.

3. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    11:15 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:15 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Sounds like a good idea. I’m usually one to call out suggestions for being too handholdy but this isn’t really one of them.

Anything that facilitates for players being honest with each other is a good change imo.

• Agree Agree x 1