1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reworked Super Transformation (Visual)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zorele, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    4:05 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Hello guys! This is my first time suggesting anything not related to game balance but I find this idea fascinating.

Currently Super Transformation has roughly a 67% uptime (without including tl resets) and the visual aspect of it is completely identical between different players and non customizable. This leads to every buccaneer looking exactly the same for most of their playtime. It is also true that in big expeditions like PB the presence of multiple transformed buccaneers can make it a bit harder to keep track of your character.

I personally feel like being able to have the visual feedback of your style choices constantly makes for a better experience than being stuck to fixed pixels without any degree of customization. Since I'm aware there's probably some folks who like the visuals on super transformation I'd probably go with the idea of having an option in legends.ini to toggle the change based on preference.

My proposed idea would be to be more loyal to where maple took the original inspiration in the first place (DBZ) and instead of a full blown transformation, some sort of aura surrounding your character could be implemented. The following picture is a very rough idea and obviously isn't maple compatible but I wanted to give some sort of reference.

[​IMG]
    Let me know how you guys feel about this idea.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    9:05 AM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Not a bad idea imo. I think there was a similar effect in Netts PQ:

https://youtu.be/n_MN43YELss

if you skip through this video you see he’s ‘charged up’ later.

• Like Like x 2