1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hermit / Nightlord Avenger Rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by aseanlee, Mar 23, 2023.

1. aseanlee

aseanlee Blue Snail

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    2:07 PM
    Downers
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    Apologies if this has already been suggested.

My proposed suggestion is to make the Hermit 3rd job skill Avenger cast at any range. Currently you need to be standing a certain distance away from a mob in order to use this still. This change would make it a lot easier for hermits / NLs to grind instead of being limited to 1 single target skill.

Appreciate you taking the time to read my suggestion!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:07 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Isn’t this disadvantage why NLs have any claim to their current dpm output?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Imberos

Imberos Horny Mushroom

Nov 20, 2018
    11:07 PM
    Liffon
    Priest
    Exactly. Get low mobbing capabilities for being the best bosser in game (i main a corsair and paladin so dont jump at me guys :p )

4. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    4:07 PM
    I/L Mage
    Casting avenger at melee range makes hermit/nl already low skill expression even lower. You should be able to use your mobility to create space(FJ/Haste) and later on Ninja Storm. That being said, I definitely think a minor buff to avenger is justified, like a 20-30% damage boost or increased number of targets hit to 8.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    Thief
    Siege
    as n NL I have to disagree

6. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    4:07 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Can we just make the damage more consistent with the descriptions? I thought that avenger and TT should do the same lines at 150% damage, but TT is instead calculated the same way as lucky seven. Thus, needing to hit 4+ (5+?) targets to outperform TT is a bit misleading as you would think the breakeven DPS is 3

7. OP
    OP
    aseanlee

aseanlee Blue Snail

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    Downers
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    this is a fair point, would just be nice to grind effectively if there’s no bossing going on or I already exhausted pap/rav (only lvl 130 btw)

8. OP
    OP
    aseanlee

aseanlee Blue Snail

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    Downers
    Buccaneer
    Sleepywood
    NL seems like the only class that actually needs to move in order to mob. Wouldn’t this change put it in line with every other classes mobbing abilities?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Imberos

Imberos Horny Mushroom

Nov 20, 2018
    Liffon
    Priest
    Yeah exactly. It would take the best bosser in game, with mest mobility, with best avoidability and give it also good mobbing abilities. Make shadow partner a party buff and it will be the best support class too.

Each class has its prps and cons, NLs having mobbing as cons and bossing mobility and avoidability in pros.

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:07 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Multi-NL gach farming strategies when

• Creative Creative x 1