1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggested Small change to make Bucc's energy orb useful for something

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kugel, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Kugel

Kugel Red Snail

Nov 26, 2020
    Male
    11:38 AM
    Bear
    Beginner, Buccaneer
    Misfits
    So the skill Energy orb is extremely niche as an attacking skill. Usually Buccs only raise it after everything else, maxing it at level 190+. And yet the only use for this skill is to use it after barrage to deal 4% more damage than using energy drain twice, and that's only when bubble is up and transformation is down.

I raised this skill for card farming (with the intention of SP resetting it after) because dragon strike is awful to use on maps with irregular shapes, or against flying enemies, or honestly just for card farming in general since its slow and cant be used while jumping. But the 50% damage fall off on energy orb is so high it struggles to kill low level enemies.

The 6 hits have the damage numbers of:
    1: 900%
    2: 450%
    3: 225%
    4: 112.5%
    5: 56.25%
    6: 28.125%

If a Bucc has 4000 minimum damage, which is a pretty strong bucc likely to be at least level 180, the 6th hit will deal a minimum of 1125 damage.

A jr. wraith has 1200 hp.

My suggested change: Make the damage fall off end at the 4th hit. i.e. have the damage numbers look like:
    1: 900%
    2: 450%
    3: 225%
    4: 112.5%
    5: 112.5%
    6: 112.5%

This would open the skill up to being used for card farming enemies (or for any other reason) in the 2nd job level range with minimal effect on high leveled enemies and no effect on attacking 4 or less enemies.

A niche change for a niche skill, but a nice change for bucc's terrible ability to kill low level mobs.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    12:38 PM
    Corsair
    ppl gonn freak at the thought of bucc buffs. Kinda a small QOL change tho, I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1