1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Somehow used 10% scroll without WS, even though I didn't mean to do it.

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by RayF, Mar 28, 2023.

1. RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    8:58 AM
    Bishop
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Hi, I've already @gm in game about the same issue but I figured I'd also make a post on forum with screenshots included.

I was scrolling my +4 flairgrave bow today. I had 14 WS to use and passed 2 in the first 13 without any issues. I had one last WS left to use and clicked on a bow for att 10% scroll. The "use WS" box was definitely still checked when I did this. I then clicked onto my other client I had open to type "o" in chat. I immediately clicked ONCE back onto the original client with legendary spirit open, and the 10% scroll was immediately used (even though I did not click on my bow to click back into the client). What's worse is that somehow the "use WS" box had been unchecked somehow during this sequence. I failed the 10% scroll at +6 on my bow and ended up losing the slot.
    What is supposed to happen?: I can understand if somehow either I used the WS10% on my bow or I happened to uncheck the "use WS" box when I clicked back onto my client. However, since I only clicked once back onto the client, there is absolutely no way I both unchecked the box and then subsequently put the scroll onto the bow, which led me to believe this is a bug.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: My characters were in night market channel 5.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): I tried pressing practically every key on my keyboard while in legendary spirit to see if it would somehow uncheck the box, but could not reproduce the same sequence of events. I genuinely have no idea how this bug happened or how to reproduce it, even though I tried doing some of the same actions.
    Extra information (optional): https://imgur.com/a/V8j9XyO
    Unfortunately, I didn't take a video of any of this happening, but I uploaded screenshots of the chat bar from before I started scrolling to after the incident occurred on imgur in the link provided above. I also provided a screenshot showing that I still had a WS in my inventory as well as the bow in question after all the scrolling.

I hate to ask for special treatment, but my motivation for playing this game for the past year has been making this bow, and I've devoted so much time and effort into farming the WS for it. I feel like what happened was completely out of my control and that there was no way for me to know it was even possible for things to happen the way they did. I'd be so thankful if there was a way for staff to revert my bow back to what it was after 13 WS used (+6, 1 slot), and I'd gladly forfeit the last WS in my inventory since its only fair given the last 10% failed. Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide, or any theories about how the bug happened so I can avoid similar accidents in the future. Thank you!

2. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    Frenzied
    Not that it's impossible but why would you change client and type "o" in chat mid scrolling? Would have taken you two seconds to finish scrolling before chatting on another client.

In the past I've had this bug where both my clients the cursor would move simultaneously for a few seconds until I clicked away, but I doubt you managed to drag a scroll perfectly and unchecked the box at the same time.

Could be a bug but to me sounds like you just misclicked and got screwed for it.

3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:58 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    We can try to reproduce it but until we can reproduce it we can not classify it as a bug. We haven't encountered anything as such before and it's usually user error. There not being any video evidence to it also doesn't help your case.

Also, I'd like to ask if you use the scrolling prompt or not? the one that asks you if you want to use a WS or not.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:58 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Damn that is so sad... I hope they can figure out how this happened and refund you.

5. OP
    OP
    RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Bishop
    Yes, the prompt appeared for all of the 13 WS I used prior but no such prompt appeared for the last one. The 10% was just used without any sort of warning before I could even react to what was going on. Literally click back onto the client that was scrolling and poof scroll was either already used beforehand or immediately used as I click onto the screen. And I am sure that the "use WS" box was checked before I clicked off the screen, which is why I'm absolutely sure I got screwed and this was not me just being careless. (I mean yes I guess I was stupid for clicking on the scroll and then clicking onto another client but how could I have foreseen this outcome). Even if I had perfectly clicked on the bow when I came back to my scrolling client, which I'm fairly sure I DIDN'T do, the use WS box should have still been checked and I would have been fine with whatever happened after that.

Edit: Also I scrolled on an old macbook pro that runs maple on wineskin if that matters. I've had issues in the past where what key I pressed on one client would affect the other one as well, but it still doesn't explain how the use WS box got unchecked because I tried pressing keys afterwards and it didn't do anything. However I didn't try my hardest to recreate the bug because there was no GM present and I was scared of maybe accidentally using the WS I had left and putting myself in a deeper hole.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  6. OP
    OP
    RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Bishop
    Cause someone told me not to use the last one lol. Sounds silly but I obviously didn't think it would result in what happened. It's impossible that I just happened to misclick. Even if I unchecked the box as I clicked back onto the client, it would have unselected the scroll and I would have had to reclick the scroll and then my bow. Or if I happened to click on my bow as I came back to the client, I would have just used the WS or triggered the prompt. Either way there were safeguards that led me to believe that there was no risk to what I was doing.

7. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    None of your screenshots show the WS count in your inventory before, hard for us to verify you actually had enough in inventory when you dragged the scroll on.
    The box to tick has no use when using the WS prompt, it doesn't matter if it's on or off.
    When switching between clients, did you press any keys?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Bishop
    Yeah, I mean I took all the screenshots after the incident happened. Of course if I knew something like this was going to happen I would have recorded all the evidence beforehand. But you should be able to see the 13 WS that I used in the chat box, and then I still had 1 left over in my inventory that I took a screenshot of afterwards.

If you're saying maybe I didn't have one left and then I went and got another one afterwards to pretend like I had one all along, I'm not sure how to provide more proof of the truth. There was someone on the map with me (ign: Volaris) who witnessed the whole thing and can vouch for me and say that I didn't move from the map the entire time so that I couldn't have gone and exchanged more coins for a WS, but beyond that I'm not sure how I was supposed to prove that I did have one left.

Also, are you saying that even if the box was unchecked and the WS prompt option is on, the prompt would have showed up anyway? Cause then I'm even more convinced it was a bug since, like I said, I didn't have time to react to anything once I clicked back onto the screen. It's not like I clicked back, panicked because I saw the prompt, and then clicked no.

This was my exact input leading up everything:

Scrolling client: click on bow 10% scroll
    click on other client
    Other client: "1", "o", "enter", "enter"
    click once back on scrolling client
    *bow 10% has been used and failed before I can react to anything*

Also, made an edit on my previous post that perhaps you didn't see before responding:
    "Also I scrolled on an old macbook pro that runs maple on wineskin if that matters. I've had issues in the past where what key I pressed on one client would affect the other one as well, but it still doesn't explain how the use WS box got unchecked because I tried pressing keys afterwards and it didn't do anything. However I didn't try my hardest to recreate the bug because there was no GM present and I was scared of maybe accidentally using the WS I had left and putting myself in a deeper hole."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    So just to make sure I follow, are you saying that on the last scroll the prompt never showed up?

10. OP
    OP
    RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Bishop
    Yes, I didn't see a prompt on the last scroll. If it somehow DID show up the moment I clicked back on the screen, then it disappeared at the exact same time as my click because I didn't see one at all, not even the flash of it disappearing.

11. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:58 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    If you hit enter on the scroll prompt, which option does it select? (Yes/No/Cancel)
    And also, I've had the bug where keyboard inputs affect both clients, but I've never heard of the bug ooShawnyooooShawnyoo mentioned
    But if that's a common bug, I can see how it could have caused this.

12. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It would select Yes

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    RayF

RayF Mano

Apr 16, 2021
    Male
    Bishop
    Thank you for all your help so far, but is there any way I could set up a time where a GM could supervise me trying to recreate what happened in the same way so that I can retrace my steps without fear of using a WS accidentally? I am adamant that this was not user error and that something out of the ordinary occurred.

• Friendly Friendly x 2