1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

VIP experimental hair coupons!

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, May 23, 2015.

1. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    12:14 PM
    Snail
    I can see both points in a way, but I'm leaning more towards against.

The left-over NX spent on taking the easy route for 20k nx for your hair of choice would then be spent on gacha.
    It indirectly affects economy by allowing people to gach quick instead of having to chose between hair and funding.

Example:

At the time, both players have 30k NX.

Player 1 spends ~30k NX on EXP coupons to get the hair that they want. Nothing left to gach with.
    Player 2 spends 20k NX and gets the hair they want. Now they have 10k NX to spend on Gach.

I'm against.
    If you want to spend 70k NX (I've heard of someone doing this) for your hair, go ahead.
    I for one just picked a hair from the VIP that looks decent and went on with my life.

This is basically asking for pay for convenience, which this server has proved time and time again to be lack luster of that. I for one would prefer to keep it this way.

I too am against.

ADDED: I don't even see a problem with refunds. Games advance and progress making some actions early redundant. Refunding something that is already free is just pointless.

2. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:14 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    @Yell@Yell: except consider the case when a person buys 1 exp coupon for 2,100 nx and gets the hair that they want, and then they saved 17,900 nx to spend on gash because they didn't pay for the expensive coupon.. That's extremely lucky, but still. If the price was 30k, then what? We'd be very close to the average number of nx it would cost to get one specific hair.

If this coupon costs 20k nx, that's 9 chances a person has to buy regular coupons and get the hair they want for cheaper. If the coupon is 30k, it's 14 chances. The idea here is just to make a "safe route", kind of like "insurance". You just might be better off with the normal exp coupons (especially if you're not too picky), but we eliminate the cases where people spend 50k, 100k nx just to get a hairstyle. You can argue it's just like being given free extra nx to spend on gash, but it's complete BS for someone to actually have to go through that.

3. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    That's an IF case reliant on luck, which is what the EXP coupons are based upon.

If someone is desperate enough to spend 50k, 100k NX to get the hairstyle they want, then they don't care as much about gach as they do about their hair. Some people are like that, and that's their choice. But choosing one over the other should be the players choice. This is literally pay for convenience. Not much different than pay to win.

4. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    7:14 PM
    Invictus
    Priest
    Me too, this kills off the process of excitement and uniqueness, I got a fury hair from NLC after 7~8 tries, it would have been boring if it had been just another fancy "Vip" hair.
    Against the idea cause it kills off the randomness, the price could be 15k you know or 50k, you just gotta try until you get it, that's how it was in the original MS and that's how it should be here cause it would certainly ruin the value of these hairstyles....
    You're not paying real money for the NX, so you should be fine, and hard earned hairstyles will be appealing way more to you than a VIP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zerorequiem

zerorequiem Blue Snail

May 10, 2015
    Male
    Hamburglar
    Brawler
    IMO I don't see any "hard earned value" in a lucky slot machine spin.

I haven't done any exp coupons yet but restricting cosmetics to complete chance is pretty dumb. So far I've seen vip options are extremely limited, and if I want to have style in game (cuz irl I'm ugly as sin) I shouldn't have to hope I don't get screwed by rng.

Besides, imagine the same thing applied to nx equips. is it fair to have the nx item you want be a complete roll of the dice?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:14 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh believe me, by time you go through 50 tickets, all the "excitement and uniqueness" is instead replaced by frustration and resentment. You're a bit lucky to have gotten your hair in 7-8 tries.

Randomness isn't always a good thing. It's common practice in MMOs when it comes to mob drops, some rewards, and cash cow that is gashapon, but imo it's pretty lame to do the same thing with hairstyles and forcing people to play a slot machine to get a specific hairstyle. And I say forcing, not because anyone has to change their hair, but if you do happen to desire a hair that only comes from an exp hair salon, chances are you're boned.

The fact that I'm not actually paying for the NX is irrelevant. I'm still voting for it, I'm still having to wait another day for more tries, and every coupon wasted is a gashapon ticket I could have used. Or other wz cosmetics.

I don't get the point you're trying to make about it being reliant on luck. You aren't negating MY point at all, however, that even though there's a chance a VIP EXP card could save people nx, there's also a chance it could make people "lose" nx.

And it may be the player's choice if they wish to drop a bunch of nx just for a hairstyle. But what I've been saying a lot is that 50k+ nx for a hairstyle is horseshit. Tell me, where is the "convenience" in having to to wait and vote 4 or 6 days to build up the massive pile of nx to even buy a VIP EXP coupon? Is it really convenience, or could it better be described as an opportunity for equality and fairness? And how in the hell is changing your hairstyle for 30k nx even remotely close to pay to win? Even if you want to convert potentially "saved" nx all from luck, I'd say it's more like "pay to not be screwed over".

7. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    I've spent way over 50k NX on official servers to get the look I wanted at a particular time. It was my choice and it was expensive. At least in this version you don't have to pay real money for it... So this is definitely not "horseshit." There are a few characters on this server that I spent over a week to get the style I wanted. I think even Kim knows this since beta. (Almost every time I saw her I had a different hairstyle or color!) Just keep trying. You will get it eventually. Maybe we can make a thread so everyone can share how many tries it took to get the EXP style they wanted.

• Like Like x 2