1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Black Kentaurus leech - a proof of concept

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Signature, Apr 2, 2023.

1. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    6:19 AM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Preface: A LEECH THREAD IN 2023 KEKW

Ok with that out of the way, after theorycrafting and testing out different rotations I think that Black Kentaurus leech, a leech from 83+, has interesting potential.

The leech takes place in The Area of Black Kentaurus and Black Kentaurus are weak to Holy with a HP value of 37000. A bishop with genesis 20 should be able to one shot these at a TMA of ~820, and gene30 would need ~772. By implementing a cast rotation of 2 casts an eph of leechers should be around 10.5m-11m split.
    Cast spot 1
    [​IMG]
    Cast spot 2.
    [​IMG]

Mules and leechers go on this rope:
    [​IMG]

First off, why would you want to ditch Vikerola? It's considered one of the highest value leech in game with good drops (at the leechers level). I'm going to do a comparison between the two leech spots.

The main drawing point of Black Kentaurus is its droptable which includes RC, The Beheader, Helmet acc 70%, PE:s, Luk ores etc. The equip EVA is about 100k higher from each drop at raw npc value rather than Vikes. The lower mp cost of a genesis cast compared to the AM equivalent makes this spot a good meso per exp alternative.

Even though Vikes has a better EPH with about a million or so more, calculating at current market rates 5.5m split at vikes gives it a 1:2.2~ rate. With Kentaur rates adjusted to a 1:2.2 rate it would sell for 5m split and give a higher yield due to its better drop table.

So what do you think, could this be a viable alternative to vikes leech? I can also see this map being a cheaper and lower barrier of entry meso farming map compared to ulu2 with a similar drop table.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:19 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Nice to know new spots

3. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:19 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Isn’t Genesis 20 higher MP cost than Genesis 30?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Yes that is true, updated the OP with tma for gene30 aswell

5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:19 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think this part might be a bit misleading

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:19 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Great to see that forgotten leech spot is rediscovered. Black kent was good training/leeching map when there was no ulu city in ML. I still love to use that map instead of vikerola, because once you know how to grind properly, it's way easier to grind black kents than vikerola - can be more braindead.

+edited/added
    Apparently, you're using different cycle for grinding. mine is way similar with ulu2/gs - likewise, just standing on < > edge of center, and shot 2 gens every 10 secs (spawn time), repeat this for 2 mins (=1HS), and move around whole map to loot stuffs. I have no idea which method would be better EPH but for myself, I choosed this grinding cycle because I wanted to focus on handsome guy on netflix.

Personally, I think, shining point of this map is :
    1. low hurdle for bsps - for bsp who can't oneshot ulu2, this map can be really, really sweet one to farm mesos, considering stupidly low required TMA to oneshot it.
    2. MU mule available. (must be below lv.83 tho.)
    3. You can meme your magic seed price onto 8k easily

bad side is :
    Haste is kinda mandatory. it's cancerous to cycle whole map to loot stuffs w/o haste.
    Also, multipet is heavily required if you want to finish looting cycle quickly, which harms your EPH as long as it goes longer.

• Like Like x 3
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:19 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    drop table for black kents is way better than vikerolas but spawn rate, mob density, and scalability looks to be on the weaker end

8. OP
    OP
    Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    I'll run some tests on meso gain at the map during the week, excel style!

Quick edit:
    Agreed, however its just a 4 spawn difference between the maps. I feel like with the leeching cast spots you cover a bigger majority of the mobs at Kentaurs contrary to vikes. If going the multimage route I would put the second casting spot on the top right platform just before the incline, but with one mage you are deemed to miss some rotations.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Handsome guy > EPH seems like a reasonable option winkmush

During my testing I found that my proposed casting spots yielded ~10-15% higher EPH compared to the middle platform method. Regarding the loot cycle I don't think its much of a problem due to the implemented teleport spots, 3 of the platforms get looted just from the rotation and the other two can be accessed with a downjump + teleport.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:19 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Oh right. my measuring was back in a day when there was no TP spots. great discovery! Guess I learnt a lesson from you, thank you <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2