1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase the amount of mobs that drop Pirate equips

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kargo, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    7:00 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I already suggested this in Discord, but I don't know if it's noted.

Here are some numbers I got from counting on BBB Hidden-Street. The number is how many mobs drop a certain equipment type for that class The numbers are definitely not 100% accurate in terms of counting or the numbers Legends has:

Warrior:
    Hat:
    Overall: 79
    Top: 192
    Bottom: 147
    Shoe: 130
    Glove: 99

Archer
    Hat:
    Overall: 155
    Top: 97
    Bottom: 82
    Shoe: 110
    Glove: 108

Mage:
    Hat:
    Overall: 288
    Top: 25
    Bottom: 28
    Shoe: 131
    Glove: 105

Thief:
    Hat:
    Overall: 27
    Top: 244
    Bottom: 228
    Shoe: 116
    Glove: 111

Pirate:
    Hat:
    Overall: 57
    Top: -
    Bottom: -
    Shoe: 56
    Glove: 54

As you can see, Pirate equipment drops about 2 to 5 times less compared to other classes. Do note that Pirates don't have any gender locked equips, but that would still make it 2-3 times less + the fact that shoes, gloves and hats aren't gender locked on any of the classes makes it that Pirate equipment is way rarer.

How is this possible?:

1. Pirates were added later to the game

Pirates of course were added later in to the game, so equipment drops might have been a bit of an afterthought. More about this in my next point, which is:

2. Pirate equips lack variety
    Pirates are the only class which does not have any top or bottom, gender locked equipment or equipment variants. All these factors combined make it so Pirate gear is uncommon to find in mobs.

Did Nekson plan on making more pirate equipment?:
    In my definitely expert opinion, probably yes! Why do I think this? While Pirate equipment does not have any variety in colors and stats, all equipment specifically mentions the color the equip comes in. The only equipment which doesn't are the equips which do not have any other variants on any other classes like the 110 equipment set which was later added. If they planned on adding more later, this would also explain why there is a lack of Pirate equips in the mob drop table. But who knows, maybe not...

My suggestion:
    I will split my suggestion in to two possibilities.

1. Custom Pirate equipment variants
    Just like any other class, equips varying in color and stats would be a nice addition (in my opinion) to Legends. It would automatically increase the amount of Pirate equipment which is being dropped across every mob + it gives people more choice when it comes to equipment build and looks. This would obviously take a good amount of time to implement and might hurt the "nostalgic" aspect of Legends, though Legends definitely hasn't been a strict v62 server for a while (luckily, that would've gotten pretty stale after all these years).
    [​IMG]

2. Putting existing equips in the drop table of more mobs
    The easiest solution. Putting Pirate equipment (of any level) in more mob drop tables would solve the 'problem' too.

Thanks for reading, lmk what you think or have any additions. :^)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:00 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Nice suggestion

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    2:00 AM
    Banan1ce
    Hero
    do u think about the pirates eq need to make male and female

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    7:00 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I do think that would be logical, but making fully custom stuff instead of a color change or putting more of the existing items in the drop tables is probably a lot more work.

5. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    11:00 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Pirate gear definitely needs some love in the drop tables

• Agree Agree x 3