1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Heroes 6-man HT - Shoutout to all the HT meta

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Huiae, May 1, 2023.

1. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    7:28 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Introduction

So, i've ran almost daily 6man HT run in my own squad (SecretGarden), for 3 months. Personally, I really disliked to say runners like 'hello, I'm looking for poggers, you weak, gtfo MapleF3_Origin', or, 'Sorry, we have SE already so no slot for you MapleF4 R>NLs~', 'Heck, you aren't ranged classes! This is range-only fiesta, go fuck yourself MapleF3', My recruitment method was simple : "R>5 pepegas, Idcaf for your class, just do dpm (I'm bsp main), faster grabs the slots. LFGO" because it seems cool OnionMuha and I want to be looked as sexy host. LMAO.

Thanksfully, runs went smooth somehow, unlike other guys worried in the beginning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    when I set entry like this, other hosts even asked me to stream the run because it'll be comedy w/ sweaty apple burst and they wished to enjoy it, but actual run wasn't as they expected. it was way more smooth than many guys expected, and 'sophisticatedly controlled cleave firepower' actually boosted a lot, in main body battle.

Unfortunately I had to stop my hosting journey from end of April, so I and my Co-host Seah came up with some crazy idea - so, in our experience, Hero class was able to replace bsp roles just except HS. 6 Hero runs, why not? we should show them what cider mules can do.

Bsps role in HT can be described like this :
    1. DH for HT buffs - can be replaced with Armor Crash skill of Hero, for Wdef buffs. for others, who cares.
    2. Blocking wyverns so they doesn't bother other attackers (especially Dark Wyverns MapleF9)
    - can be replaced with hero who knows how to snatch rush wyvern spawns.
    3. HS - fk it up. this is fiesta. who cares about it MapleF13

So, to celebrate my graduation from hosting HT, there we go.
    [​IMG]
    Oh wait, not this.

[​IMG]
    Rules
    1. No bsp allowed. even for backup. YOLO. getting res doesn't look cool, for HEROES.
    2. Can use anything elses. (This run actually uses SED mule / Backup SI in case of someone dcs, to boost survivors)
    3. Will try not to apple burst as much as possible, to prove that hero can run 'Bsp-less 6man HT run in resonable'.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Starting the Party~~~!

Actually run was planned to do 7man Hero run, SI for 5 heroes because we weren't serious for keeping it '6man', also didn't want to abandon hero friends willing to join in this mad party, cmon, it's PARTY! but sadly Omoker had to dropout due to some reason so it became 6man sweaty run w/o using SI for main party. ofc, we were able to sweat to SI main party but that's too much works, QoL matters.

[​IMG]
    So here 6 crazy heroes are throwing their body into the cave, with mad souls.

Conditions :
    6 heroes, mw20, have cider. that's all.
    have backup SI mule in case someone DCs, but no SI for main pty for now.
    (but SI mule died in legs+tail and we were YOLO mode so this didn't work at all)
    have SED mule so 6 heroes can fully focus on their heroic tasks.
    (Worked ~85% progress of main body, after that, xAstraeus got suffered for SED)

[​IMG]
    as always, wc sucks. Look at the orbs, aren't we cool? MapleF17

[​IMG]
    for other wyverns it's almost neglectable because we have 90% working skemce (I swear, this needs investgation, it's not 90%, I sure LOL), but Dark Wyverns were issues. every Dark wyverns can DP us from long range, and rb'ing actually drags us down a lot, so we assigned 1 hero (myself), to deal with wyverns below, block them with rush, so darks doesn't bother other heroes. Yes, it's also replacing bsps task - killing wyverns. Heroes can do it!

[​IMG]
    I forgot to take SS of cleaving 6 Heroes cleaving Legs+tail on center, but with that method, we were able to do good DPM on both Legs+Tail, and see. Tail downed earlier than Legs, I'm sure, this would be fun and rare to see. MapleF2

[​IMG]
    Have you ever see hero cleaves legs on this platform, together with Wings + RA?
    This was 1st time for me to try this aswell, was doable because Tail downed already. was good discovery too.

[​IMG]
    On right side, we usually focused on heads because triggering mass SED on arms is noobs mistake and we aren't. grabbing RH+MH as hero requires skills to do it swift, but 3 months of daily HT runs made all of us pro, see 2 lines stacking on MH. we're doing great! MapleF11

[​IMG]
    Also, Wings+RA+RH cleaving point there. sometimes it's needed to use that cleaving point aswell, to make progress especially when heads are closed, and We're cleavers. we need to use our benefits as much as possible. just carefully, not to trigger mass SED.

[​IMG]
    This is where strategy and player skill shine. Usually, when bsp dies, run goes scuffed because of lack of 'wyvern blocking' + absence of DH, once wyverns start to bother attackers, they fall off way more than usual, and that notorious 'Dark wyvern DP' - which makes you RB over and over (and asks others to buff you again) - these drags run down a lot, eventually makes run spicy or failed. So, about DH, we assigned Firmware (he was very fast reactor with awesome player skill, for LA animation, for wdef buffs, Thank you! MapleF15) for 'crash duty' so other heroes don't bother themselves for crashing, just purely focus on DPMing

Also, to deal with dark wyverns, We assigned a hero who can read heads summon animation, and measure timer for Dark Wyvern summoning so can expect which one is Dark incoming (me. MapleF13), so she blocks dark wyverns not allowing them fly away and bother other hero bros.

If you see carefully, you can see 6k~7k dmg on dark wyverns - that's Rush. with proper timing snatch rush on spawn, dark wyverns gets rushed, don't fly away to annoy others, but just fight with me. With that strat, we were able to deal with dark wyverns not getting DP, and this was brilliant point (and crucial reason for deciding to make this run).

Yes, Hero can save scuffed run by bsp dc/death, if hero is skilled enough. Please give us more love in HT MapleF16

fyi : because of convenience, Vijou did wyvern jobs and Firmware did crash jobs, but single hero can do both if he/she's skilled enough to do both in same time, quite efficiently. Player skills do matter tho.

[​IMG]

Another cleaving on Left side. you can Jump brandish to grab LH+Wings+LA all together. but also should be awared for 'overcleaving on LA' can be suicidal move, also once LA DP activates, it drags down whole runners a lot, to prevent LA DP, only I did that, because I had to jumpdown over and over to deal with wyverns, and climb up again, it's waste of DPM for me to do that bottom <-> top platform, just made it bottom <-> middle platform. Others focused on LH as usual.

----------------------------------
    Result!

[​IMG]

Don't ask me what 'SSANDA' means, it's korean Voodoo Spell MapleF17
    Means 'ejaculating' in koreanMapleF7

[​IMG]

Used 1 apple per each (6 in total), left 5 mins timer.
    Considering +1 apple per each saves like 3mins in mathematics, it was doable to aim clutch like leaving 2 mins, w/o using any apples but, SED shields were broken during runs so xAstraeus became SED target for last 15%ish progress of main body, considering losing his DPM, we decided to be safe than sorry, so used 1 each.

Still remarkable result as '0 bsp 6 heroes NO SI run' had potential for clearing it w/o using apple, Yes, This is what Cider mules can do in HT.

Shoutout to Seah, xAstraeus, Firmware, zlzonhero, CactusCock, for joining this madness w/o any hesitation, you proved you're true heroes! I'm so proud of you guys and It's really blessing for me to have friends like you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

(small fun : for zlzonhero, this was his 1st 6man HT. devuting 6man HT in this madness pty, lmfao)

Last edited: May 2, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 23
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    12:28 PM
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    omg! nerf hero pls

jk this is awesome

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Omoker

Omoker Slime Retired Staff

Nov 28, 2020
    Male
    6:28 PM
    Omoker
    Hero
    OnionBlush

4. questionask

questionask Orange Mushroom

May 30, 2021
    6:28 AM
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    3:28 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    all shadower 6 man when?

R> 6 shadower HT run we can't let our hero brethren show us up like this!!

all jokes aside this is sick luv u hui

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Whacky stuff like this is what tends to stand out and be the most memorable to me. I commend you guys for planning and committing to something like this. I hope it inspires others to try out new things (seems like it already has).

Did you guys use armor crash at HT belly where bishop would normally cast it, or did you manage to take advantage of the improved effective area from the heads? This would be one of the first use cases of intentional head cancelling I'd ever seen, so that's pretty neat.

That said, I'm surprised the run timer wasn't faster. I've always speculated that with the recent Hero buffs, solo HTing could be a possibility with something like 4 Heroes + Bucc + Bishop. But with logistics of multiclienting between 6 clients compared to 6 individual runners, that doesn't seem to be the case just yet.

I'm sure there are a few more optimizations that could work - like splitting damage on heads evenly so as to allow for longer cleave uptime. Interested in seeing more data/improvements if you guys plan on running more.

7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:28 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thank you for great insight from pro player.

About armor crash - it works only around hero himself. likewise, when HT buffs himself with WEDF, if hero uses armor crash on belly (where bsp usually dispels), it dispels Legs, Arms, and Wings wdef buff but doesn't work on heads. because of this reason, beside myself, one of 5 heroes had to use armor crash on heads cleaving points, to dispel heads.

About timer - prehead was too shit compared with average. LOL. we entered main body @ 1:22. (with this entries - I've ran w/ them many times so I can estimate - my estimation was 1:30 in average). average range of pty with mw20+rage was ~9250ish. (2x nt1h, 2x normal 1h, 2x 2h-no ST.), also, no hss on mass sed should draged us a lot compared with usual situation I guess. (like +4 mins)

About Optimization - I thought about this aswell but this will trigger triple darks and I'll have hella hard for dealing with it (Timering 3x of darks, moving top and bottom over and over, and blah blah....) goal was 'just to see potential for 0 bsp 6 hero pty', not 'hitting best record' so we weren't serious about optimization, but this sounds interesting.

Sadly we have no plan to commit this craziness again, but in case if this happens, we may try this aswell. again, ty for nice opinions.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
  9. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I do think this has potential for success, thanks for 4min 30sec covering smoke uptime per 5 mins = means, almost able to ignore dark wyvern itself. (dark wyvern DP happens only when you get hit but CMON IT'S CHADOORS IN 90%+ UPTIME SMOKE)

DH for wdef buff would be issue. maybe need quite high DPM to just bruteforce it, or, using a bsp mule 'only for DH purpose' can be used?

and I LOVE YOU CHRISTY UWU <3

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'd suggest taking down left arm first after leg/tail in order to remove the wdef buff. Shadowers should be able to survive the early mass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:28 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yup that would be the way, very interested in trying this sometime. Alternatively for a bit easier time taking down left arm you could cleave wings on the right side first.

I think only shadower and bishop would have a chance at succesfully clearing a muleless 6 man though preheads could take too much time for the bishops.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I'm very interested in this aswell, likewise me bsp + other 5x with single class.
    Actually has successful record of - 5x hero (w/o mules), 5x BM (SED mule used) so far, and I do believe any classes can make successful 6man HT run with this composition (1bsp + 5x ~~~), just except one sad class. NL.

13. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    1:28 PM
    Beginner
    I never even ran HT on my pally xD

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    6:28 AM
    Fara
    Paladin
    Hui's 6man HT has been the most enjoyable HT I've had in my 1 year HT career. a lot less stressfull than 6 client HT. Really could've put everything i learned over time into practice and explore some optimisation in my dpm. walking out of the confort (meta) zone is really what makes me want to play this game.

do you guys even HT ?
    ht.png

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    1:28 PM
    Endorphins
    Insane. Heros > everyone else