1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party-locked Challenge

Discussion in 'Community' started by Chew, May 5, 2023.

1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:09 AM
    Beginner
    I had this idea a long while ago and it's been brewing in my head since, so I figured it was finally time to post it.

The Party-locked Challenge is about limiting your character to only doing party content with other players (Party questing and bossing).

The Challenge officially starts: Saturday, May 6, 2023 15:00 PM UTC +2 COUNTDOWN.

The challenge starts at level 10.
    When you start the challenge, you can bring exactly 100.000 mesos but no gear or items except:
    • An “empty” monsterbook ring to avoid the quest pop-up.
    • A set of Match Cards and an Omok game
    You're not allowed to:
    • Kill normal monsters (There are certain exceptions, see the You're allowed to section).
    • Trade anyone players outside the challenge. That includes giving items to your party challenge character from other characters.
    • Take anything from the bank that was not put there by a party challenge character.
    • Take items that other players drop, or use your alternate character to farm items for your party challenge character.
    • Leech in any way.
    You're allowed to:
    • Complete party quests
    • Bosses and minibosses are allowed if you are atleast 2 people participating in the party
    • Kill monsters at Kerning City Subway: Line 2 <Area 1> when you reach level 31 if you are atleast 2 people participating in the party
    • Do activities around job advancement and skills
    • Party with people outside the challenge, but leeching is not allowed.
    • Complete boss prequests including killing monsters where needed.

At level 31, players participating in the challenge receive this letter:

Notes
    • The reason the map Kerning City Subway: Line 2 <Area 1> is allowed from lvl 31, is to get players to level 35 for LPQ or to let broke players gather some money.
    • We chose a single map to keep players together during the challenge and keep the party going.
    • We chose this specific map because it has undead monsters so that all classes with AOE attacks can use them.
    • Both monsters in the map drop throwing stars so that will bring a few of those into the challenge early on.
    Advice
    • Make sure to kill bosses in order to get scrolls and gear.
    • It's a good idea to keep all weapons and scrolls you loot and share them with other players doing the challenge.

Discord
    We have created a Discord server to unite the players participating in the challenge. Send me a PM to get an invite as I am not allowed to post it here.

Guild
    We have repurposed the guild ‘Quest’ so it can be used by players participating in the challenge. Send me a PM and I will send you an invite. We are actively looking for jr. masters.

How do I participate?
    All you have to do is write a post in this thread with you IGN.

Have fun :3

Last edited: May 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. ULTRAdragon7

ULTRAdragon7 Red Snail

Jan 20, 2023
    Male
    ULTRAdragon7
    Bandit
    npcguild
    Hey I actually was thinking to join Quest before this thread was posted after looking through the leaderboards to find a guild that shares my bushido GAMER VALUES. As in; doing all the quests and being anti-leeching. Then I talked to Ylva and she said Quest was basically dead since 2018 or so unfortunately. Big surprise seeing this posted
    Am lvl 139 atm so bit late to partake in the challenge but I'm still considering joining if you'll have me
    IGN= ULTRAdragon7

3. OP
    OP
    Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Hey, thanks for the interest.
    I'm honestly starting to doubt if there is enough interest in the challenge, considering your the only person to respond after a few days. It's a party challenge after all.
    Maybe it's just not meant to be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Me grinding in a party of 6 mages all played by me

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1