1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

remove multiclienting (spicy)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snork, May 21, 2023.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    5:34 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think it'd be fantastic if we could just implement single-client only for like a month and just see how terrible late game bossing becomes without the ability to mule. NT, dead. BGA, dead. Toad, dead. JC, dead. Krex, dead. AFK Zak and HT service, dead. CWK, omega dead. Weapon 30 scrolls would go through the roof.

The backlash would be legendary.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:34 PM
    Moderator Post
    I always shake my head a little when this gets bought up again (and reddit, which happened too this week lol). Anyway, it doesn't matter what block gets added, because you can bypass them. Virtual Machine blocks can be bypassed with a google search, MC blocks in general can be very easily bypassed by using a tool that sandbox your game client (ex: Sandboxie), and even if all those things were blocked someone can just use multiple machines (pay2win). AND if we even blocked that, then someone could pretend to be their siblings and STILL bypass it. I have said this so many times now, but people still bring this up over and over and how I don't want remove it because muh user count and muh donations (that one is even more strange), so I say it here yet another time for the 1000th time.

• Agree x 6
    • Useful x 4
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Would it be possible to show how many unique IPs are online instead of how many characters? That would be one way to show more transparency and could be a fuck you to the naysayers.

4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    8:34 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    It’s not like every rule in the ToS is automated, I don’t really see how a multi client ban couldn’t be treated similarly to RWT or Account Sharing.

There has been so many balance changes over the years as a direct result of mass abusing multi clienting. Multiple skill changes, map changes, changes to stats like avoid, changes to drops, meso pickup…. Shit like goby got nerfed with just single client farming. Isn’t it just more work at this point to attempt to balance and make all these custom changes due multi clienting vs moderating it?

When I came back to Legends people were allowed to just straight up multi client bot hurricane because it would be harder to enforce?

I personally feel what multi clienting has become just isn’t worth some of the QoL for the average player nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:34 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i think it's just that people are tinkering with the formulae and exploring ML for the next thing. There's really a lot to be found while card farming

6. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    And does this solely have to rely on multi clienting, is there 0 room for improving single client metas? I get people wanting to optimize things to the absolute max and see number go up etc. With MapleStory not primarily being a technical game, I see why some of the top players (in terms of technical game play) would want to keep multi clienting for the extra dimensions it brings to theory crafting and possible new metas. We're at a point now where Shadowers and Drks are getting massive changes to their skills, with talks about future reworks of classes. Wouldn't it be healthier to get rid of the root problem from a balance changes perspective in hopes of freeing up dev time for something completely new for players to adapt to and push to the next limit?

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    in terms of gear, items become exponentially more expensive which incentives another character. In terms of dpm, gear and skill are both required to eek out smaller and smaller gains.

There's currently 8 people in Balance Team. That's twice the manpower of Pasta last year. They can free up dev time by balancing for some contingency in the future, rather than lag meta by 2 or 3 patches.

8. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Not sure what is being said here so I got no reply to it.

Not sure if you're still talking about multi clienting here, but I'll reply to it as such given this is a multi client thread. Doesn't skill and gear become more relevant without multi clienting? Do my gains not exponentially go up if I'm afk holding triple throw with 1 hand and sniping with MM mules with another via a separate computer? Also in this context doesn't having more than 1 computer increase the DPM output more vs using the same method with a single computer, thus making it P2W anyway. (I dont really care about the relevance/specifics of this example, just pointing out that there are still advantages to having more than 1 computer vs native multi client on a single computer)

I have absolutely no idea what the balance team does & how it operates to make any further comments.

Are the foot pedals not p2w?

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta

o
    i'm just judging all gear on marginal wa/cost and dpm as function of some mix of skill and gear. multiclient in those terms is also a form of minmaxing.

10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:34 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
  11. OP
    OP
    Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OmbReanrd

OmbReanrd Master Chronos

Nov 11, 2020
    Québec
    Fara
    Paladin
    Not an issue to solo/duo as a paladin with Fast4 sword even less hassle to deal with splits or better winning odd if you roll drop. people will make classes accordingly to current situation and market will shift toward the new demand.

To avoid confusion i dont multiclient in NT when i say solo i solo client (yes i could hoard coins for crafts with multiing) and i always state i dont have mules and mules are optionnal when i recruit but i always aim for duo when i recruit

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I look forward to the new meta in endgame bossing (JC, NT, Toad, Krex, etc) becoming mule trading. "I will HS mule for you in your run if you HS mule for me in mine." It's technically not multi-client as you only have 1 character in the run. Even better if you have each of them on a different computer and can do both runs simultaneously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The easiest solution is to just stop running inefficient content.

15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Dodeca-Shad on 12 different machines all on different IPs farming in 7f taking up all 6 channels to block out competition :HYPERS:

16. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    Chief Bandit
    Hope cow shit and stub toe to wall for night pee on multicleinter destroy esdornlegende

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    9:34 PM
  18. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    6:34 AM
    Corsair
    I like this, but dismounting as a corsair will take a lot more effort. Definitely makes sense for every other class though. Pet pots are a crutch!

19. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Actual nerf to shadowers. If you don't have pet pots, you can't charge nate without dying in most scenarios (unless you are hyper washed). Otherwise you'd rely on a bishop and then the whole shadowers are independent idea starts crumbling.

20. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    8:34 PM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    Then change it to a 5 man custom CWKPQ