1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

piratty's HT DPM Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by beegoratto, May 26, 2023.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    11:43 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    upload_2023-5-25_18-45-9.png
    This is piratty. He is the direct result of daily influence from iPippyiPippy and my most unloved child. Piratty has received literally 0 funding in gear, inheriting a mishmash of old iPippy, akash, and cioudy equipment, rounded out by my BM's few actually tradable equips. This, alongside poor planning on my part for his washing leading to a good chunk of his INT still remaining due to lack of NX, has led to him being pitifully weak. Nonetheless, I wanted to track my progression in learning how to play a Bucc in HT and potentially reaching "passable" DPM. The goal for the end of this journey is to eventually hit 6m DPM.

piratty's HT journey begins not even as an actual main attacker, but as a second attacker that I have been multiclienting on my BM's 5 man runs. He has not performed particularly well in those scenarios; as anyone who has played BM in HT can imagine, it's not exactly trivial simultaneously piloting a second attacker while also repositioning constantly on the Bowmaster. Nonetheless, he has been able to consistently output more than 1m DPM at the expense of around 500k DPM on my Bowmaster, resulting in a net positive in terms of my own DPM, and likely a larger effect on Gurk's Sair's DPM, as piratty also serves as a boat TL mule.

One thing I discovered during these 5 man runs is that Buccs in HT are surprisingly clunky. Whereas their kit feels smooth in most other fights, between the awkward ranges to hit arms and the head rotations causing Demo to re-target on RH, Horntail has a lot of weird positional requirements that I otherwise would not have to think about on a ranged attacker or in a different fight where I can just walk up to whatever I want to hit. Anyways, the takeaway lesson before I even began my journey was: I have no idea where I'm supposed to be standing.

piratty finally made his actual Horntail debut last night during one of ryanlightsryanlights 's 12 man runs. Knowing that I would be pretty lost going into the fight, I requested coaching from JokerJoker and iPippy, both of whom gave instrumental advice during the run. I forgot to record the run, something I usually do for all my HT runs; future diary entries should have screenshots/gifs to accompany them.

Run 1
    Santi was supposed to coach me, but after getting lost on a hike, he was unable to join except for a brief period during main body. Preheads played out like normal boss content - there did not feel like there was too much in the way of optimization here. The real fight began, like most HT runs do, with Legs into Tail. I am still unsure of what's the best positioning I should be doing during Legs. I initially stood to the left so I wouldn't constantly be tanking touch damage, but found myself getting stunned/super knockback several times despite Demo iframes. Perhaps it's my relatively low avoid, but it was frustrating, especially because I was struggling to locate and reposition my character after each super knockback. Normally I would find my characters by looking for the Hurricane animation or Bahamut, but in this case I was invisible 2/3 of the time, so it would take me a few seconds to orient myself. Perhaps I need to set up a macro to display an EPM/mapowner bubble above my head?

After Legs/Tail went down, we started LH. While I had some idea of the 4 different Corkscrew Blow jumps that could be performed in this map, I didn't know the details of them. During run 1, Santi described 2 of them to me while we were on the left side.

Bottom Left: Begin with a running start to the left, then jump before you hit the rope, turn around to the right, and CSB at the top of the jump. This worked well but if I missed I would be in an awkward spot due to the running jump. iPippy would later correct this and tell me that I could just stand slightly right of the rope and jump.

Top Left: This is the hardest jump for me, and the one I most want to learn to do consistently. Santi would have me stand on the left edge of the middle rope platform, and then jump and release CSB on my way up. I am still unsure of how best to time this jump, and I can't seem to get the hang of it consistently.

I was taught from the 5 man runs that I should attack LH from the second platform at the top, rather than the long platform, as a wing flap could knock me to the right. It took me a bit to figure out how best to position on this platform. Normally on my BM I have to stand on the far left side, but I realized during this run I could just CSB on to it and attack from anywhere. I am still unsure of what to do when LH ducks and MH is cancelled. Perhaps throw out a filler Dragon Strike to hit RH if it's up? I also learned during this run that I could CSB from the 2nd platform up to the top platform to hit MH. Overall left side felt decently intuitive, although when I didn't have ST or bubble and both heads were cancelled, I was unsure of what to do to wings and arms. With bubble I would have felt comfortable moving to the lowest small platform and barrel cancelling, but without it I settled on just throwing out DS from the long mid platform to charge bubble as quickly as possible, before moving down.

Right side was a mess. I felt completely lost, and Santi was no longer in the call at this point. I was told I could not hit RH when it was at the bottom of its circular rotation, but I'm still unsure of how strict the timing on this is, or whether it loops in sync with demo timing. I also was unsure of where was the best spot to stand most of the time. When I play my BM, there's really only two states I need to track: MH cancel and RH cancel, with a designated spot to attack for each. I now had to throw in tracking the additional states of ST/non-ST and Bubble/no bubble. This led to me being extremely inefficient with my damage, constantly being knocked down, whiffing demos, and throwing out random DS when I didn't know what else to do. With wings killed quite early on the right side, I also had little opportunity to practice CSB jumps. Knowing I was in need of additional coaching, I called in iPippy for run 2.

Tragically, my DPM test finished around 1 minute after the run ended and I stupidly went to the Cash Shop to preserve HT buff, cancelling the test. Given how much standing around being lost I did, in addition to just generally poor charge management, poor positioning, and lots of falling, I have no doubts it would have been a disaster.

Run 2
    Now equipped with an experienced coach to talk me through the entire run, I felt more confident in this run. Not only could I receive instruction now, I could also bounce my own thoughts to someone as I figured things out on my own. Due to having an AFK buyer this run, I had to manage my TL better, including needing a TL as soon as body started. As such, I started main body in a separate party on the middle platform, DSing wings, arms, and I think possibly two of the heads as well? I'm unsure if this is the fastest way to charge bubble in HT when everything is up, but it felt fast enough. In a moment of forgetfulness, I forgot to pop an ST before I TLed our Bishops' rezes, losing out on a free ST. Oh well.

iPippy gave the suggestion of standing on the leg for iframes to avoid the super knockback and stun. Due to my low avoid though, I was absolutely getting railed. Because of this, and the fact that once bubble ran out I was having to constantly reposition due to knockback anyways, I decided to just stay to the left and demo from there. I may try staying on the leg in the future once I have more avoid or if I have bubble.

The run progressed smoothly with me picking up new bits of information, such as the fact that at the top platform, demo will whiff MH at the lowest point of the big breath attack, and the correction of the bottom left CSB jump. He also described a "safer" top left CSB jump when wings flap or LH ducks, but I would much rather get better at the one that can be performed at any time.

On the rightside, I learned the two additional CSB jumps.

Bottom Right: Running start to the right, jump into/through the bottom of the wing and release the CSB at the top.

Top Right: Stand below the top rope and jump in place and CSB. This one caused me to overshoot and fall a couple times. Perhaps I'm standing too far to the left?

In addition, I started organizing the different states into locations.
    ST+no Bubble+RH up: stand slightly to the right of the top rope and hold demo. This is the default state I was using most of the run.

ST+Bubble+RH up: stand on the lower RH platform, so that I can always hit RH even when it's at the bottom of it's spin cycle/ducking.

ST+RH cancel+MH up: stand on the highest platform and hold demo and pray. Much easier with bubble. If I fall, I think on a normal RH start run I would cross and hit LH, but as I had no option to do so here I just climbed back up and prayed for the best.

No ST+RH cancel+MH up: I stood on the long platform and just spammed DS to try to hit MH. I think normally I would cross and hit LH, but in this scenario it felt like I had nothing to hit really.

No ST+Bubble+RH up: stand on the lower RH platform and barrel cancel.

No ST+no bubble+RH up: charge bubble with DS, then perform the above. Perhaps even charge bubble DSing 4 targets below the top rope? (cleaving arms/wings) Unsure if this is worth activating RA on a 6 man run, but during this run the arm was active regardless.

Double cancel: drop down and hit wings.

That's a lot more to keep in mind than BM! Bubble felt incredibly important to being able to maintain DPM without falling, so iPippy also walked me through ways of helping ensure bubble was up when I needed it. Since bubble takes 1 minute to charge and lasts 1 minute, I could cancel a bubble 1 minute into my ST, and by the time ST is finished, I should leave ST with a fresh bubble, letting me barrel cancel on the RH. In theory, anyways. In practice it felt a bit messy; over time hopefully I can get better. While on the right side, I also had to TL the rezes again as well as Ryan's echo, and it took a bit to get the party formed. Worried about wasting bubble and needing to recharge, I elected to hold charge at 90% and stand around doing nothing, while I contemplated my existence as a mule and bitterly cursed the TL/Charge change.

While there were still moments where I had to take a bit to think about where I was supposed to be standing, I played better this run than the first run. The presence of an active coach made a huge difference, since I could ask questions whenever I was in doubt. I also spent a not-insignificant part of the run stubbornly trying and failing various CSB jumps instead of just climbing the rope. I have the hang of the bottom left, bottom right, and top right ones (at least most of the time. I still mess up a good bit), but the top left eludes me.

[​IMG]

Here's the final result. While I was hoping for 3, I will happily take a 2.8, since I did spent a bit of the run not attacking due to failing jumps and waiting for TL. While it feels quite low compared to what my BM is capable of, given the combination of lack of experience, lack of gear, heavily INTed stats, lower level, and messing around, I'm okay with this as a starting point. Nowhere to go from here but up!

I'm not sure how often I will be running HT as an active single attacker on my Bucc, as I likely will not be doing so regularly at least while he still has INT, but I'm still looking forward to becoming more consistent at the fight and improving my DPM. I would imagine my next entry on here will not be for a couple weeks, where I hope I can reach my first milestone of 3m dpm. Until then, thanks for reading!

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    2:43 AM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    You’re not even a good bowmaster, how do you expect to be a good buccaneer?

• Great Work x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    im in tears

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:43 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    But he's a great friend

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    We're back sooner than expected! I originally did not plan on running until next Saturday, but had to re-schedule that run to today due to other plans. I was hoping I would have the crutch of washing out a bit more INT before the next run, but alas I have the same base INT as my last post. Anyways, on to tonight's events.

Run 1
    Today's run was extremely melee heavy, with a composition of a staggering eight melee and only 2 ranged. As such, I told the run to try to minimized cleave on arms/wings as much as possible, leading to me often time charging bubble on just 2 heads instead of 4 cleaving wings and arms. Overall I feel like this had a pretty small effect on my DPM though.

Not too many new relevations this run, just kind of going through the motions of what I learned last run and reinforcing good habits while trying to consciously be aware of bad habits. I added a demo macro with an @mapowner name shout to better track where my character is positioned, which helped a lot in positioning correctly. On the other hand, I noticed I have picked up two bad habits. The first is the tendency to turn off my brain and hold demo, which means I occasionally whiff when the head I'm hitting is ducking (or spinning for RH) and MH is cancelled. The second is I'm a bit slow to ACP, meaning I'll start up a fresh demo while under Darkness and completely whiff it even if I ACP immediately after Demo starts. I need to keep a closer eye on the heads and RA. I'd imagine that, similar to how watching body parts as Bishop gets easier with more HP, this will get easier with more Avoid. I need to get a better sense of how long things like bubble and ST last, so while they're up I can just focus on things like watching body parts.

[​IMG]
    On the other hand, I had a couple flashy moments during the run that felt really good. Here's one of the few times I actually managed to pull off a solid CSB jump without issues (most of my attempts were me flailing and jumping in place). I have a bad habit of trying to CSB while mid air after jumping. I need to remember to start charging it before I jump. Overall the only one I currently feel comfortable with getting most of the time is bottom left but even that one I mess up a lot.

[​IMG]
    Such success is also accompanied by failure. I don't know if there was anything I could have done in this scenario besides ask for a dispel? Just unlucky, I guess. I've noticed that when I try to to the bottom right jump without bubble, I get knocked back from wing touch during my jump, messing up the CSB positioning. I feel like trying this CSB isn't worth it if I don't have bubble, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

upload_2023-5-27_22-48-32.png

Overall, an improvement over the last run, but not as much as I would have liked. I still fall a lot more than I'm happy with, and my "downtime" (actions I'm taking when no ST and no bubble) isn't very efficient. I also made no effort during these runs to try to sync up my bubble, which, while it's a skill I want to learn eventually, I think is okay for now. I have more important things to practice and focus on besides timing charge, like simply not whiffing demo to head ducks and late ACPs.

Run 2
    I was echo muling my BM first run, meaning I had to waste a TL on echo and also Echo ran out 40 minutes into body. This run, we had HT buff and my BM was joined by JokerJoker 's Bucc, meaning we had 2 200s and an extra TL in the run. This let me use my TL much more aggresively and have more Echo uptime, which felt pretty good. I also played significantly better this run, although I still have the nagging issue of whiffing a lot of demos. This and falling are probably my two biggest DPM losses currently, if I had to guess. Falling will get better with avoid over time, better charge management, and better positioning choices. I think the immediate biggest improvement I can make is snappier ACP usage when RA uses status. I need to do a better job of keeping an eye on RA and watching for the status effect animation.

I also got incredible value out of smoke this run. IGN pancakee managed to time the smokes at excellent points, often times covering me when I had to hit the mid head, preventing what would otherwise be a likely fall. This helped my uptime on the right side a lot, although it didn't stop me from having several falls, both on the right AND left side. I also continue to waste time failing CSB jumps; while it's frustrating and negatively impacting my DPM, it's also important to get some practice in while I can, as there's not really any other time I can practice them.

For the most part, however, I was usually hitting something and usually with Demo if not barrel cancelling. There were only a few windows where I was forced to just spam DS inefficiently. We were pretty blessed both runs with favorable cancels; despite having an incredibly melee and cleave heavy composition, there were only a handful of double cancels both runs, meaning we never had to worry about early Mass Sed. In the event this did happen, we were still a 12 man run and could have absorbed the mass sed, protected the bishops, and been okay, but it would have been pretty bad for DPM.

[​IMG]
    Here's one of the successful bottom right CSB jumps I pulled off during the run. I was missing this jump a surprising number of times; I had few issues doing it succesfully on Weds, so I'm not sure what's different now. I noticed most of my fails were to taking wing touch and being knocked back, but maybe this means I'm jumping in the wrong spot or releasing CSB at the wrong time? Still unsure.

upload_2023-5-27_23-7-53.png
    Overall the run went quite well. Between better personal play, more Echo uptime and HT buff uptime, and more smoke uptime, there's a noticable improvement in my DPM from this run, easily breaking my 3m goal for the day. Next goal: 3.5m! I imagine this one will take a bit longer. With perfect play and snappy DHs, it's most likely possible for me to achieve it with my current stats, but I think washing out more INT will help. There's no plans to run again any time soon, so we'll see when the next opportunity for this happens. Hope I don't get rusty before then.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: May 28, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:43 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    following o/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Todays entry is not quite what this journal was meant for, but significant nonetheless. The lessons I’ve learned from my single client runs are also paying dividends in my duo attacker runs as well.

When piratty first started running on my 5 man runs, I was pulling around 1.1m DPM on him, while pulling just shy of 8m on my BM for a cumulative almost 9m DPM. With better positioning knowledge and mobility knowledge from piratty’s 12 man runs, I was able to get 1.8m DPM on piratty during both runs today, despite terrible conditions, while maintaining my BM DPM.

When my BM is forced to attack from the topmost right-side platform (MH up RH cancel), it’s incredibly difficult to duo attack, especially if ST is down, as I have to momentum cancel my BM at all times and quickly reposition after hits, which is challenging with one hand. Today our RH was cancelled for so long that it did not die until the HP bar was well below half, which is the absolutely worst conditions for me successfully duo attacking.

Despite this, I still managed to improve my overall DPM to more than 9.5m cumulative. With better cancel conditions where my BM can stay on RH more, I can improve the DPM on both characters simultaneously. My current goal on these 5 man runs is to reach 10m cumulative DPM between the two characters, which seems viable even in piratty’s current state. Slightly more favorable conditions mean I can possibly get more attacking uptime on piratty to push 2m DPM while maintaining 8m on my BM.

In the long term, who knows what I’m capable of as piratty washes out his INT and levels up, but I’m pleased that I’m still making steady progress and improving my Bucc skills. I have managed to significantly improve my ability to CSB jump on the left side today, as only partially playing the Bucc today meant I was knocked down frequently and had to get back up. The practice is paying off as I’m becoming much stronger at pulling off these jumps (special thanks to Tr1n1tyyTr1n1tyy and, indirectly, imTiniiimTinii for tips here)

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  8. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess this is a multi-attacker journal now. Piratty's DPM continues to increase with better uptime and less falls. While I wasn't able to bring my BM DPM back up to 8m due to sub-optimal cancels, I was able to exceed my goal for Piratty's multi-attacker DPM and hit 2.5m, without the use of Ciders, HT buffs, SE, or really anything at all besides SI, Booster, and Echo. This brings my cumulative DPM between the two to 10.3m DPM, which I'm quite pleased by. This puts me on par with a lot of the other strongest attackers on the server; granted, I have to use two attackers to get there, but I'm happy nonetheless.

Next goal is to maintain 2.5m DPM on piratty while bringing my BM DPM back up to 8m for a cumulative 10.5m DPM.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More multiclient progress! I was able to get a peak of 2.9m DPM on piratty and 8.3m DPM on my BM, although they were on different runs, both of them were PRs for duo-attacking. This also means I reached my goal of cumulative 10.5m DPM with 10.7m run 1 and 10.6m run 2. This shows potential for 11m DPM cumulative, something I didn't think possible at this point, although in order to get 8.3m DPM on my BM I had both PB buff and GM buffs until the first dispel, which is a huge amount of help. Regardless, it does seem feasible to get a combination of ~3m on piratty and ~8m on the BM for 11m cumulative, so I'll keep trying. This goal will probably take longer to achieve, although washing out some INT on piratty may help.

My left side attacking on piratty has really shaped up, even while duo attacking falls are uncommon. The downside though is I have very little practice on the right side, as I favor leaving piratty on the left the entire run to make piloting the BM, the more difficult of the two while duo-attacking, easier. Always more improvements to be made though!

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Turns out I was able to meet my 11m cumluative DPM goal quicker than expected. Duo-attacking is starting to feel much more natural. In addition to this, I've stopped trying to force hitting MH on the right side when RH cancels on my BM; it's just too likely I'll fall playing with just 1 hand and leads to a huge loss in DPM efficiency. Instead, I only hit MH during RH cancels if smoke is up, otherwise I'll drop and hit wings instead. While on most runs this isn't efficient since head damage is prioritized, it still overall shortens our run time since despite the wing hitting, wings still are consistently dying last. It also lets me increase my DPM uptime on piratty by a large amount, meaning I'm still contributing effective head damage while doing so, versus falling hitting MH and attacking with neither character.

This new strategy has led to piratty and my BM both drastically reducing the number of falls. Both runs today I only had 1-2 bad falls on each character, which was a massive improvement. After reaching 11.2m DPM cumulative run 1, I jokingly mentioned between runs "Now the goal is 11.5m, but I don't think I can reach that one yet."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An enormous improvement in piratty's DPM, despite the test continuing into arms. I easily surpassed even my single-attacker goal of 3.5m, for a total of just shy of 11.9m DPM cumulative. This is significantly higher than what I thought I was capable of, thanks in no small part to favorable cancels, extremely proficient Bishoping and Smokes from Tr1n1tyyTr1n1tyy , and the new strategy of avoiding MH on the right side. This run almost makes 12m look achievable, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to attain it as it seems to require favorable cancels. I think I played close to my peak today so I'm not sure if I can continue this trend of rapid improvement (I've managed to meet my next goal DPM consistently within 1 week for most of these posts), but we'll see if I can break 12m in an upcoming run!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
  11. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Turns out the road to 12m was, unsurprisingly, difficult. While I had several close attempts after the previous post in the range of 11.7-11.9m cumulative, none of them actually managed to cross the 12m barrier until the past couple weeks. I've been kind of lazy and neglected to update the journal when it happened but I suppose I'll get around to it now.

Two weeks ago I managed to actually break 14m with a 10m run on my BM and a 4m run on piratty, but I didn't post this as it wasn't on my gear and felt like it was pretty meme-y. Since the spirit of the journal was to track my own personal improvements, posting an enormous leap due to temporary power seemed like cheating.

The week after, however, I did manage to break 12m on my own gear finally, and actually blew past the next milestone as well. While leetoratto's gear is the same as it's always been, I managed to upgrade piratty's loadout slightly over the past few weeks with some small upgrades, including unscrolled 1/1 Specs that I picked up from a CWKPQ run, a 6 Dex Branch Nose that I scrolled on a whim, a pair of Facestompers I recently purchased that I had misadventures with, and levelling up and washing out more INT.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As usual with decent cancels, my BM hovers slightly over 8m, but piratty's DPM has increased by a good chunk, breaking previous PRs by a good margin for 4.3m DPM, bringing the cumulative to just barely over 12.5m on HT buff. Seeing as how I managed to barely break the milestone by the skin of my teeth I doubt 12.5m is going to be a regular occurrence, but I'm pleased that regular 12s should be more feasible now provided cancels aren't omega cursed, and I'm happy that I have finally been able to surpass GurkGurk in DPM, albeit on two clients instead of his one.

I've gotten quite comfortable with Bucc positioning now, to the point where it's almost becoming second nature similar to BM positioning, which frees up a lot of mental space to chat and zone out in VC, which I enjoy a lot. The main skill I need to work on now for piratty is not scuffing TLs; as GurkGurk can attest I have an exceptionally poor track record of TLing boat, so that's a priority to work on. I don't anticipate 13m anytime soon until I can fully wash out piratty, but it does seem attainable without too much trouble once piratty is fully washed out. This process will take a couple months though so we'll see if I'm still able to make progress in the short term. This will likely be the last post here for a while as I don't anticipate 13m soon unless I decide to finish the stompers and it somehow goes well.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I have not posted in here for a while, as it seemed irrelevant after inheriting TTKirnkTTKirnk 's Knuckle. Whereas the original goal was to slowly work my way up to 6m DPM single client, it now seemed like griefing if I didn't pull 6m single client. I wasn't sure what the future of this journal was, really, but once I settled into using the new Knuckle, I realized I still had plenty to work on if I just upped my goals. So I did just that: after a few runs, it became clear that 14m was going to be the next big hurdle, and it would likely take some time, very good cancels, and possibly more levels on piratty. So the new goal became breaking 14m cumulative. This would also have the added benefit of bringing my average DPM between the two characters to 7m, which I believe should be the acceptable floor for a 6 man HT runner, meaning I would officially be putting in enough work to justify two full slots on a squad.

This goal was almost immediately interrupted by a series of vacations by both myself and my now fiancee raggyraggy as well as the esteemed Bishop GlaceonGlaceon , who is the Bishop I trust the most for enabling me to duo attack due to not only his exceptionally clean Bishop play but his smoke muling skills. Due to all of us travelling, our typical 5 man squads were put on hiatus for about two months until tonight when we finally were able to run again. Despite this, I managed to put in several good attempts in the meantime through 2 man HT with TheIegend27TheIegend27 , 3 man HT with abe27342abe27342 , and 5 man HT with akashskyakashsky AlyoshaAlyosha and imTiniiimTinii , although none of them came particularly close to breaking 14m, and even 13.5m was a struggle to consistently beat. That is, until tonight...

The band is back together again! The first run my BM came in with PB buff, although repeated interruptions due to selling AFK service and triple clienting a Bishop mule to res led to non-ideal uptime as I would periodically have to take short breaks to do party management and res and TL. The cancels were exceptionally good this run and smoke timers lined up well, reflected in the run time of about 1 hour and 3 minutes, likely our fastest 5 man run yet especially when accounting for additional time resurrecting buyer and moving additional mules, which is a shame I wasn't able to utilize them to their full potential. Nonetheless, I managed to break my 14m goal with ease with a cumulative 14.6m DPM between the two of them. Given the fact that the cancels were exceptionally good and I had PB buff, I figured I was close to my DPM ceiling and I didn't think 15m was possible, even with the additional uptime of not having an AFK buyer, so I was quite pleased with this run.

Run 1:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I figured 15m was the next step, as well as 14.5m on non-PB buff, but I didn't think I realistically had a shot currently until piratty had more levels.

Run two no longer had the logistical burden of an AFK buyer, but the cancels weren't lining up as nicely. Whereas run 1 we managed to get out of preheads in a blazing 15 minutes, allowing me to make the most of PB buff, run 2 it took slightly longer with a slower, but still impressive 18 minutes, leaving a solid amount of HT buff remaining. The body cancels were good, but nowhere near as good as run 1, requiring multiple windows of repositioning away and back to heads during double cancels. This was only compounded by several player errors on my half causing constant falls, more than I could count. Due to the cancel conditions and player errors, I actually was anticipating a sub-14 run for this one, and was surprised to see the DPM tests come back showing that I was able to maintain my DPM on the BM without PB buff somehow but increase the Bucc DPM by an entire 1m.

Run 2:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Range (Echo, HT Buff, MW30):
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This meant I had blazed past my goal of 15m all the way to 15.5m, a benchmark I had previously thought unreachable. I'm quite thrilled with this result as I have only ever seen one other player break this cumulative DPM while duo attacking in HT without the aid of Apples, TheIegend27TheIegend27 , who is well known as probably the most gifted duo-attacker on the server. This puts the average DPM for both of my characters at 7.75m which is very close to my personal minimum acceptable floor for single client attackers when I normally look to host, as I generally prefer running with players who can consistently do over 8m. As such, the next goal is 16m which would put my average DPM between the two characters at 8m. Like previous goals, I don't anticipate this one to come easily, but the run today showed that with exceptional cancels and cleaner play it should be well within my current range as both of those had room for improvement today.

I would imagine that would likely be the final post in this journal, and I'm not entirely sure when it'll happen since again it does require the cancels and my own play to line up well, and I only get pretty much one night a week to realistically attempt it, but I'll still keep trying regardless. The end of the road is likely 16m as I do not think I will be able to achieve 17m as my BM ceiling even when single client currently is slightly above 9m, and there is a noticeable efficiency loss when duo attacking. This is a number that only one player on the server has attained to my knowledge and I'm happy just coming close.

Since this journal is coming close to the end, I'd like to take a moment to thank anyone who has been reading this incredibly niche and probably boring journal following my progress in something realistically most people do not care about. I'd also like to thank my Monday squad, especially Peter and GurkGurk for their exceptional work with smoke muling and all of the comprehensive value they bring to any run they're in, as well as JokerJoker and raggyraggy . Shoutout to Jack as well for providing the duo attacking standard that I'm trying to live up to, as well as our degen duo, trio, and etc HT runs. Also shoutout to Santi, Tini, iPippyiPippy, mardmard and MoonMoon for all of the Bucc advice, I've grown a lot in terms of Bucc skill thanks to you all, and continue to learn and improve with your help.

Finally, shoutout to Tyler, my brother in brain rot. I will do my best to live up to your legacy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Milkydoor

Milkydoor Chronos

Feb 10, 2020
    7:43 AM
    i'm not sure why you'd end the journal after 16m when the next step is trio?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I would consider exploring trio if I had 3 NLs but I don’t think it’s humanly possible with Bucc and BM

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    upload_2023-12-4_21-25-4.png [​IMG]
    upload_2023-12-4_21-25-13.png
    [​IMG]
    MW30/Echo/HTB/SE/Trlnltyy/Asterisk

16m get.

This journal is officially concluded. Thanks for following.

Fun fact, the upper range on both of my chars run 1 was almost the exact same.
    upload_2023-12-4_21-27-4.png [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. abe27342

abe27342 Orange Mushroom

Mar 14, 2020
    Male
    Hero
    3 NLs when?

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly probably never I can't be bothered to gear 3 different NLs. Would be a waste retiring the BM as well since the entire loadout is unsalvageable because of untradeability.

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Time to retire as an SE mule.

19. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Too much DPM lost if I do that. Even with a perfect NT claw it's going to be a long time before one of the NLs out DPMs my BM. The BM is going to be a staple forever I think, too much invested in it.