1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kiarath Spunk Pink Bean Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Kanetsugu, May 17, 2023.

1. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    8:26 AM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Hello - I'm IGN Kiarath, a level 17x Buccaneer who was invited to NightzNightz inaugural Spunk Pink Bean (PB) runs for my first PB run ever. I currently have 22k hp so need hyper body. I'm going to be (maybe unless I just stop because lazy) documenting my journey of learning PB.

The first run was on Sunday, 2023-05-07. As a new Bucc who only partially skimmed iPippyiPippy guide on pink bean for 5 minutes, I mostly followed around the two more experienced Buccs, Cuzzo and xiaoyaozsi.

Here I am trying to figure out where to hit the statue before the run starts.

upload_2023-5-17_11-58-24.png

One thing I really have much experience with was confusion, which makes your controls backward. At the time I didn't think about how to actually jump under confused (by holding down and jumping) so often times if I fell off the platform while not transformed, I would just stand around looking dumb.

Here is a picture of me standing around looking dumb (and confused).

upload_2023-5-17_11-58-33.png

To learn how to control the bean, I mostly just stared at Cuzzo and xiaoyaozsi while they did their thing and tried to mimic what they did.

Things went pretty smoothly for the rest of the run, until disaster happens (not really a disaster... I just died).

I didn't pot up after taking damage reflect and got popped.

upload_2023-5-17_11-59-8.png

My last death was right at the end. I was dumb and got seduced and then 1/1'd and touched the bean.

upload_2023-5-17_11-58-44.png

Luckily, we were at the end, and so I was left for dead there while the drops appeared.

upload_2023-5-17_11-58-50.png

MW30 and 3 pouches! Pretty great for my first run! And I only died twice!

Thanks for reading, see you next time (maybe)!

Stats (to be appended)
    MW30s: 1
    Pouch 5s: 3
    Deaths: 2

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 16
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:26 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Documenting the journey of learning a boss is underrated. Keep it up, can't wait to read more!

3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    9:26 AM
    iPippy
    I keep saying I really should update that thing; maybe I'll finally get around to it this time. Things are different now yet very much the same.

Perhaps the biggest advice for a new player on body duty is simply to take your time to stay controlled and not be hasty.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    2:26 PM
    Oh damn, I feel bad for being credited when I didn't even guide you with anything..
    If you need any help or if there is something you're unsure of, feel free to pm or whisper me..
    Also, honestly you did really good for a new runner, I died way more than 2 times when I started out, I'm sure you'll end up great! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Keep up the great work

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:26 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    being someone who also recently went on the first pb run of his life it's really cool to see your topic, following along!

• Like Like x 2
  7. oTrue

oTrue Red Snail

Jan 13, 2021
    Male
    Corsair
    Woohoo. PB pro in no time. Proud of you.

8. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Since my initial post was actually posted after the second run, I have another update for the 2023-05-14 run! For this run, I leveled to 178 beforehand! Still less than 24k HP so into the HB party I go! I'm also starting my monster book farming finally since I only have a tier 1 ring... lol

Things went more smoothly this time (at least for me) since I was able to actually jump/climb where I wanted to. Last run, I didn't do a dpm test since my macro was DPM3 so I can be lazy and know when Super Transformation is up during my only content of the day, JC, and then I forgot to do DPM30 on statues and body. This week I have the results (at the end).

One thing I was confused about in this run, is what I do when there is DR on left bird, and only right bird is open AND I don't have ST up. I saw xiaoyaoz use Demolition on right bird, but I wasn't sure if I should walk over to barrage it or not since I think it does seduce? Here is my standing around doing nothing waiting for DR.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-24.png

I also need to do a better job of knowing where I am and if I'm confused, since I might just be hitting the wrong direction.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-28.png

Or getting thrown off the platform.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-35.png

In this run, my first death was on body again, but it was riiight on top of it. I wasn't paying attention to HB and it ran out as soon as I touched the body. In the future, maybe I should pay attention and move towards the left to get re-HB during DR.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-39.png

Also, I wasn't paying attention to voice as much as I should, and didn't hear that I should leave the party and invite the bishop for res. I think it's probably a common thing but I didn't think about it.

I got seduced another time and died near the left.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-47.png

I was wondering again whether I should leave the party, but that was decided for me.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-51.png

We only got a pouch 5 and some equips this run.

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-55.png

Lucky for me there was an extra pendant I could loot!

upload_2023-5-18_11-59-59.png

upload_2023-5-18_12-0-4.png

Time to slowly level it! Thanks for reading!

Stats (to be appended)
    Pouch 5s: 4
    Deaths: 4

P.S. - I'll probably have higher resolution screenshots when I'm not taking screenshots from my unlisted youtube video and actually take them from the raw footage - maybe - unless I procrastinate more ;)

Edit: forgot to post my DPM screenshots

Statue 30 / body 30 XatBlush
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    2:26 PM
    The seduces from right bird are triggered via HP threshold, as long we are careful to not trigger the next seduce we can throw some hits in.. however, some host would prefer everyone to wait for left bird DR and just do nothing.. so it depends on the strategy and host preference..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if you have any macro slot (i know for bucc is hard) you can use a shout with something to see yourself

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Yes! I put @mapowner on my barrel and buff macro in this run and it helped a bit!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Last time I think I mentioned I only had a T1 ring. I've been farming a little bit and finally up to 50 sets! I only play maybe 30-60 min a day and part of that is doing JC. Some days I don't even play at all so the slow grind to T10 continues slowly.

Pasted image 20230521110343.png
    My pendant is now level 4, 2 more levels to go!

Pasted image 20230521110531.png

Per some suggestions, I changed my nametag to hopefully better see myself.

Pasted image 20230521111752.png

For this week's run we were planned as an 18-man run. Two didn't make it so we ended up as 16-man. I was a bit nervous since one of the buccs were gone.

Nothing notable happened during Statue phase, I think it's pretty easy to understand after a couple runs. Having said that...

MapleLegendsCompressed_sMPYcWRg1v.png

I died after being seduced at the end of a stage, and thought I didn't need to will. Well, I got 1/1'd then slapped and died.

Even with that death, I managed to my previous week's DPM (barely) on the statue phase.

ApplicationFrameHost_xLIRE3AQge.png

Body phase is where it starts to get a little bit spicy. Someone DC'd at some point so we were down another person for body. To top it all off, I forgot to pot to full and touched the body

vlc_QCODclFR3t.jpg

It got a little messy as PB started roaming around and I couldn't get close without HB while we were swapping parties for res and TL. I forgot to pot one more time during the run and got hit by big bang and died again.

MapleLegendsCompressed_xZ88KwoYfI.png

To top it all off no MW for my deaths either!

vlc_cyKLthJARi.png

Body DPM

[​IMG]

Stats (to be appended)
    Runs: 3
    Pouch 5s: 4
    Deaths: 7

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    very good overall, this tip is worth gold

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Was an interesting run but I'm proud how you're able to manage in your third run when it suddenly turns into a 15-16 man run with only 2 Buccaneers.
    Body phase was a bit hectic at times, especially when both Buccs died at the same time but we pulled through! Thank you for running with us, hopefully some better drops again next week :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Awesome content! Very fun to read, keep up the good work.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    9:26 PM
    Beginner
    Glad you gave one of my few suggestions a go mate!

For others wondering what else could be done to increase your own visibility, here are the other tips:
    - Name tag ring NX
    ring1.png
    If you're on a consistent scheduled run, try and find a unique/rarely used tags amongst your peers and especially the ones that pushes your Guildname further below the ground than usual. Another plus point is that your guild is the one thats the minority during the run. Point to note, The background which your character will mostly be placed upon is mostly a Beige-Pink-Reddish tone so try not to use any NX with similar tones for identification purposes.
    i.e: Red rose badge ring, Sausage Ring, One of the recent Event Ring (idk wut name)

- Effects NX
    effect1.png
    After being inspired by seeing skar on my very first PB run with his Raging Lotus Aura NX (black and rare but without directional assistance), I've been trying to figure out why this NX was chosen and for what other tactical purposes apart from looking dope. So maybe this is one of many mysteries that we'll all die solving. So, again, try and find one that's especially easy for you to identify your character's directional facing (left or right) and with sufficient Height clearance and again NON: Beige-Pink-Reddish tone. Since this is most useful when 1.Confused during statue and body and when 2.Your character is hidden behind the clusters of players and Summons! (mages summons = very fat while archers summons = very high).
    i.e: Rhinne's Protection, Total Lunar Eclipse, Hungry Magpie, Gold Fish Cape, Titan Escape
    Sadly, majority of Donors NX holds significant height advantage over Common ones! >.> pay2win? kidding of course not, again, one shouldn't rely on the assistance of NX to perfect one's gameplay of efficiency but use these tools to learn!

- Expand Chatbar
    Keep a 4-6 height of the chatbar viewable (expanded) at all times to view new Debuffs / Sed.

- @megaphone (mute all)
    Just a precautionary measure I've taken to prevent any chat spams and keeping track of body DR timer callouts. Well also my own theory that some megas especially worldwide/avatar ones would cause DC/Crashes.

- Client size 1 (eye travel, buffs to animations to character to hp bar)
    For new and upcoming runners I'd suggest client size of 1 instead of 2 to reduce the eye travel distance when micro-managing yourself (especially non-NLs). Also having the size of 1 would give sufficient height clearance to watch for Ariel's Weapon Cancels during Phase 5 where size 0 would require some jumping when at the bottom (left) and size 2 give excess non-necessary viewpoints for most non-mages.

- Move MiniMap (M size not L) to the middle of your screen. Somewhere above and between your MP/Exp Bar or Right below PB usual pinning placement (3rd tower)
    Brining back some old tips I've once used on my 3rd job zakum era to pinpoint myself during body phase when we ran 30 mans. Now this is could be an alternative to "client size 1" but not quite fond of it, it's all preference.

- Placing Party HP Mark/Quest helper (minimized) tab right under your buffs (furthest to the left) to double check your buffs
    buff1.png
    After having getting your all yours and party buffs, simply drag the aforementioned tools to the most left of your buff bar. From there, you'd be able to tell gauge roughly which buffs are missing.
    Usually I've been using the Quest helper since it's toggable with the shortcut button on your keybind for QOL in general when I'm bossing but I've come to love the Party tab option simply cause of having an additional chance to view myself and the partymembers HP bar especially during DR for whenever I lag or missed the DR cue when my eyes go roaming.

- Shout-out Macros (again getting a rarely used Chat ring works or Typeouts)
    Not a big fan of this since shout-outs on your Main DPS skill is kinda overdoing it and also it shows no directional indication.

And now, may the DPM optimizations being!

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 5
  17. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Back again with another run! I'm now at 52 sets in my monster book ("wow two sets in one week you are flying!"). I've been procrastinating this for a few days already...

My pendant leveled to 24/23 so it's time to reloot the next time I win a roll.

[​IMG]

This week I felt more competent during statues with a little less downtime attacking than before due to luck and better movement/positioning. This was partly due to the previously mentioned changes to my nametag and other suggestions from ThugliferThuglifer. Also, I didn't die during statues this time :)

I was able to beat my previous DPMs after getting more used to the fight! Nothing else really learned this week, I think after a couple of times running the statue phase is pretty self-explanatory. I could start to learn some animations better and there are probably some minor things I don't know yet. We'll see as I run more.

upload_2023-5-31_20-52-1.png

Body phase is still hard for me in terms of deaths. I died twice in this run.

The first death I got seduced and 1/1'd twice

upload_2023-5-31_21-2-0.png

The second death was again due to failed potting at 22k hp and tanking touch damage.

upload_2023-5-31_20-57-11.png

Need to work better on dodging seduces.

Here is my DPM20 on body with 2 deaths:

upload_2023-5-31_20-57-51.png

And a DPM10 later with partial new years rice cake:

upload_2023-5-31_21-3-28.png

Drops:

upload_2023-5-31_20-59-20.png

See you next time!

Stats (to be appended)
    Runs: 3
    Pouch 5s: 6
    Deaths: 9

Bonus rare picture of NightzNightz death

upload_2023-5-31_21-0-29.png

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    I'm now at 54 monster book sets!

upload_2023-6-4_10-48-53.png

This week's run was pretty bad for me and its just gonna be a bunch of death screenshots MapleF4. I died so many times in statues and body phase due to seduce.

My first death was getting seduced and dying after already using Hero's will in a dangerous position.

upload_2023-6-4_11-0-50.png

Then I got seduced shortly after and died again with Hero's will still down.

upload_2023-6-4_11-1-49.png

These multiple deaths and waiting for res caused me to have a horrible dpm this run.

upload_2023-6-4_11-2-37.png

During body, I died to seduce again

upload_2023-6-4_11-4-28.png

again

upload_2023-6-4_11-5-14.png

and again

upload_2023-6-4_11-5-52.png

With a very beautiful dpm

upload_2023-6-4_11-6-23.png

All in all, I just really suck at dodging the musical note seduces and every run still have 2+ deaths on body phase.

We got MW30 and 3 pouches though!

upload_2023-6-4_11-7-12.png

And I won the Chair+Card roll. Unfortunately no chair, but I did get a card!

upload_2023-6-4_11-8-45.png

Stats (to be appended)
    Runs: 4
    MW30s: 2
    Pouch 5s: 9
    Deaths: 14
    Cards: 1/5

• Like Like x 1