1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event bad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daydreamer, Jun 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    5:49 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Usually I wait until after the event to give my feedback, but I'm really unhappy with the current event and was invited by staff to make a thread about it ASAP. Usually the events on Legends are quite good. I don't think I've seen an event this bewildering since summer 2017. I'm surprised some of this stuff made it to live, especially given the two month delay. There's a lot of small issues like some of the cosmetic items being broken or already available in the cash shop which make the event feel very rushed but I want to focus on bigger issues with the reward structure of the event.

I do not understand why it was decided that Maple items should be obtainable primarily from level-locked PQs. What was the intention with this? Is the idea that everyone would roll a bunch of new characters if they wanted to get them in the event? I can only guess that the staff have decided to fully embrace the MuleLegends reputation with this one. Or is the idea that only the dwindling new player population should have direct access to them? It seems like every year the way to get these items becomes more and more Byzantine. The upgrade system had its own set of issues but at least then the items were available regardless of level. I would honestly have preferred if the whole system was scrapped and replaced with the vanilla GMS system where Maple items were dropped from mobs during the event.

The event JQs/PQs are pretty fun but I don't like how they are the only way to earn event points and raffle tickets. The raffle-and-points system that has been the core of every event for the past few years now is not perfect but at least it feels well-integrated into the game. With this event I've been grinding out magician dodge training over and over and asking myself why I can't earn points from bossing and grinding. I also find the demon tower JQ to be really tedious and just not fun to play. I probably would've enjoyed it more if it wasn't the core of the event I guess. I will add that I'm really impressed with it actually being implemented though--as usual the coding side of things is top notch.

Lastly I want to talk about the raffle. I don't like how the raffle tickets are obtained, but I do think this raffle is a lot better than raffles in the past events. The issue I generally have with the raffles is that they tend to favor muling over farmable event points. Last event, for example, I really wanted an event chair. I did the event every day on 2 characters and ended up buying the chair from somebody. I also really wanted those all-stat earrings and was not able to get them. I would have rather had the option to farm the raffle repeatedly on a single character rather than rolling a bunch of event alts... MuleLegends strikes again. Anyway, this event lets you redeem points for chairs directly, I really like that. I don't mind the raffle for being a glorified rare gachapon ticket but I do feel that it often heavily incentivizes muling.

Oh, and this is a silly thing, but I would like to be able to use the long jump and axe throw outside the event... lol.

Anyway, to summarize: I don't like how many of the event systems require muling and are generally far removed from the rest of the game. I would like to see event points and maple items drop from mobs and maybe an alternate way to earn raffles. I think the best event system was the one where you could earn a capped amount of points per day from doing any boss. The absolute chaos of a 30-man Zakum run is easily the most fun I've had on this server.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:49 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.