1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Raffle rates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Endorphinss, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    8:43 PM
    Endorphins
    I wanted to make a thread on suggestions but i dont have enough data so i think its better to discuss it here.
    Also i know about the initial event feedback thread but i think it should be seperated from that topic.

When then event came out, i managed to get 30 coupons on 2 of my (120+) characters (which are my only 120+ characters). After a very long time i personally felt like these rates were FINALLY rewarding in some way. Like always you get the useless pots, but i did manage to get maple shields, pouches, gacha tickets, it really felt like the entire day i spent on the demon castle was worth.

The server had a reset and so did my coupons reset with it, so i managed to get another 60 raffles. Again, decent rewards, decent amount of Pcoins, the hard frustrating work of doing the tower 4 times was actually rewarded.

After the rate changes, i decided to give it a go with another char (lv 104, less prices). since i didnt get any cs/ws or pouch 4 from my higher level characters, id figured the price pool will be pretty much the same (similarly same amount of pouches 1/2/3, rare gachas, maybe a maple shield). 30 raffles went straight into potions.

I might have been extremely unlucky, but after decent raffles getting 30 straight bad ones feels like a massive nerf to the rates. I cant base this only on my experience, so i would like to ask the people here if they feel the same. I saw some people on my buddy list complaining about the new rates as well.

One of the benefits of events is to be able to freshen up after months of grinding, and have the opportunity to get coins and mesos in other ways (such as raffles). raffle rates since the 100mobs/1boss method has felt very low compared to the summer fishing event and events before that.

Long story short: Please revert the rate changes so we can enjoy the raffle pool prices :)
    Getting 30 coupons aint easy even now after people pretty much learned the demon castle, still takes alot of time that should be rewarded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:43 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2023-6-11_23-31-50.png

All post-nerf

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    1:43 AM
    pretty decent if u sell 1 rare gach for 2m

4. OP
    OP
    Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    In your opinion does this look like decent rates?
    14 pouches total out of 240!!! Raffles is extremely low imo. Rare gacha might seem like a decent rate, but the chances of getting anything decent from gacha are already low.

5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    7:43 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    The rates don't look bad.
    Given there were people farming few dozen pcoins pretty easily before the nerf.

If the nerf was not applied, I'd expect we could've seen a couple thousand, 4-5k pcoins enter the economy.

Prefer there being more rare gachas, makes people influx more scrolls into the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:43 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    most of a good profit will depend on getting good things in gacha

7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    1:43 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    From raffling ws/cs, we are now raffling rare gacha.
    If this isn't shrinkflation, what is.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Pouch 1 could use a bump up to 10-15%. That'd give you around 3-4 pouches per 30x raffle spree/week with upside of getting maple shields, chairs, and other pouches. Even with a high roll that's only like 10 coins a week for an hour of content. That's not much considering it's gated weekly.

With the nerf, a lot of hype was killed off.

I'd suggest staff always release content weaker at launch and re-buff after gauging production. This is how things were in Anniversary 2020 and people loved it (though it was broken). There's a reason why people look fondly to those events that felt rewarding.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
  9. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    2:43 PM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    We are happy to hear you all are enjoying our 8th-anniversary event! Now we will make sure you will not enjoy as much lol

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    Why give an illusion of a chance to gain good items from the event at first place?
    getting a decent amount of coins and mesos from non bossing/farming related content during events shouls be one of the main reasons to make even release events imo.
    Thats the refreshment the player base gets from constant farming the same bosses and maps. These initial rates FINALLY after such a long time felt like participating in the new content is actually worth and even rewarding

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    I've had better pulls this raffle even after the adjustment than I've ever had of raffle. Don't understand why yall are throwing a hissyfit. The initial rates honestly felt too bloated, and the current rate feel solid.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    I wrote that based on -ovv 240 pulls, my 30 pulls and other 60 pulls from friends.. 330 pulls feels like a decent amount to get a feel of how rewarding or not the rates are.
    The "bloated" rates feel to me just like a compensation for the very bad rates of the last events

13. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    I do agree with ovv that pouch 1 could possibly use a boost, netting 1-2 coins from it feels like shit, but it's whatever, it's free money when you get it. The rest however, just sounds like you want free coins for the sake of getting free coins. If everyone has everything, where's the value in anything?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    1:43 PM
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    it's not "free" if you're spending, on average, an hour or more trying to clear the tower. Even more if you're farming it from axe PQ. Pretty inefficient way to make mesos with these new rates, if that's your goal

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Just git good at JQ's, have a group of friends to run with, and it's effective.

16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  17. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    Definitely a player skill issue, I should've done all my raffles the first 2 days

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Okay here's my own small comparison between pre/post nerf raffles rates.

poor rates.png

Roughly per coupon EV changed from 3.8m to 2.5m, although 1 WS/CS pull would have brought the average up by 800k in the post nerf draws. Even if you complete 1 tower (15 coupons) every 2 hour, the return is still pretty decent. Sort of insane scaling though when you can clear 2 towers in under an hour.

• Informative Informative x 4