1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Let me tell you what you need to do when you encounter people you do not like.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KOSEM, May 26, 2015.

1. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    12:06 AM
    You dont reply to them, simple as that. You dont give them the attention that they DONT deserve, you dont give them any of your energy, or time, or effort, or anything at all.

You see, the reason why I am coming out of nowhere and starting this thread about this, is because I see it happen all the time and it happened to me many times as well. Although deep inside I knew that all I had to do was simply ignore, I still replied. And that reply has had to come with a price. the price of being made fun of, the price of unnecessary hassle on my part, and such. So really, and its very important to be reminded of this, even if you are already aware - is to simply not reply at all. Forget about trying to prove they're wrong about what they're saying, forget about trying to fight about it, forget about "winning" the match against them or shit like that - that's childish. The most mature thing in the world is to ignore and move on. Dont let them get what they dont deserve - which is your attention. They do not deserve your attention. What they DO deserve, for being rude/assholes to you, is to be ignored. Now, sometimes people get things wrong and ignore you without a valid reason - this shows that they werent really worth your time or effort in the first place, and what you need to do if they're ignoring you is, well...ignore them back. There's simply no point in replying or giving them any more attention. If there WAS somehow a point in doing that, or something beneficial happening to you if you were to give them their attention, I'd say - give it a shot. But that's not the case - you will get nothing out of talking to them, so just dont talk to them anymore, end of story. However, and I think this is also important, is that if the person is willing to be honest and apologize, or, admit being in the wrong for whatever reason - what I would do atleast, is forgive them and be their friend again. Because really, I'm not the kind of guy who would enjoy being ignored or ignoring somebody else. I dont do that because I want to make them feel bad about themselves or because I'm rude, I do that because I want to avoid any further conflict or hassle between me and them. I do that because I dont want any more drama, etc. So by ignoring, I am showing them I dont want any business with them, and thats normally when the story ends. So when it ends like that, obviously I am not satisfied with the results. I will admit, sometimes when I meet such a guy who I know I was ignoring or had a fight with some time ago, I would probably try and get things to work out between me and him/her, unless I see signs of being ignored again, or signs of unwillingness to discuss the matter, and such. Thats when I just walk away. I'd say, if I were to put in time and energy into people that I dont get along with - I'd be living a pretty miserable life, anyone would!! So, my message to you my friends is simple as that - take all of your time and energy and put it into the people and the freinds that you really like and get along with. Focus on those that make you smile, and those that bring you company whenever you need it, or someone to speak to when in need of help. When these people react to you positively, are there by your side and you are by theirs, and you really enjoy each other's company - then that's the most important thing and these are the people that you should focus your time and energy on, and nobody else. :)

2. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    6:06 PM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Tenderly why do you keep making new forum accounts? /s

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE! ;-; this is why I left my mom at the ripe age of 42!

Dammit mom ;-; why...

Kidding ;D I get where you're coming from. This could apply to a lot of situations actually.

4. OP
    OP
    KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Not sure what you're talking about! I only made 2 accounts in total, and this one is the main one. Look at my join date before you accuse me of making a million forum accounts all the time...

Yeah, you see... I am not trying to force anybody into doing what I say, but, I believe, or atleast want to believe that what I said about this(in the first post) is most likely what everyone in the world should be doing in a situation where they encounter somebody they dont like or somebody they're in bad relations with. Obviously there will be people who disagree, and I'm fine with that. I state my thoughts, but, I believe my thoughts seem to be what everyone needs to be doing about this. I dont try and be arrogant about this, and obviously some may disagree with what I say - and again - that's fine. But, I just want to point people in the right direction so they wont be wasting their time or energy on people that arent WORTH their time or energy. Instead, let us save that time and energy on putting it into those we really love, eh? That's really the only point I'm trying to make.

5. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Was a complete joke, Kosem ;3

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    3:06 PM
    NSFW
    What's up with these threads anyway?
    When I encounter someone I don't like I tell them to go fuck themselves. Ignoring people isn't fun and telling them to fuck off is just as effective.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I dont know, this guy has made a few of them. Not sure why it's a problem worth discussing, everyone on this server seems pretty nice to me...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pills

Pills Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    South Korea
    11:06 PM
    Pills
    omfg you're so good at just dumping everything that's in your head in the form of forum posts

not sure if I respect you or find you weird

• Like Like x 8
  10. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    any comment section on any video (probably from accounts with 1 million subscribers)

you will find them instantly

• Like Like x 2
  11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    YouTube comment sections are the fucking best. I was watching this one video that had like 400 views and the only comment said "ha ha ha this is great even if i am your mom :)"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pills

Pills Master Chronos

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    South Korea
    11:06 PM
    Pills
    YouTube drinking game:
    • Drink every time the top comment tries to correct what's in the video
    • Drink every time the top string of comments turn into a politics argument
    • Drink every time the top comment is so cringey it makes you want to throw up what you just drank

• Like Like x 2
  13. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:06 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    tl;dr - Don't respond to this thread! OnionF3

• Like Like x 1
  15. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    If I played this I'd be dead within the hour.

• Like Like x 2