1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does this not count as griefing or something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CreamPuffDad, Jun 27, 2023.

Tags:
  1. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    7:00 PM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    4:00 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    No, Free Market is the free market.

There are other spots available while owls to look for items exist.

Sure, the person thats taking the time to space out their shops is a "scummy move" it isn't griefing anyone

3. OP
    OP
    CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood

If you say so.

But for convenience's sake, I'll leave a direct definition of a griefer I lifted from Wikipedia for your contemplation.

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately and intentionally irritates and harasses other players within the game, by using aspects of the game in unintended ways."

4. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    There's plenty of free rooms across multiple channels. Seems like a broad stretch to try and claim this is negatively impacting you in any way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Although I agree with the argument that the free market is big enough for everyone and a single person can occupy the entire fm room with mules if they have enough things they want to sell and require the space. But fully occupying a channel 1 fm room 7, a somewhat premium room, by manipulating spacing between shops to prevent other players from setting up shops is very inconsiderate move. This action does border on ToS, but whether or not it's an actionable offense would depend on the judge and jury.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    For the record, I didn't check all of the guy's shops, but I clicked on a few and noted that all of the ones I clicked on were only selling one item at highly inflated prices.

7. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    It's what staff told me in the past, so idk I'm just relaying the message forward

8. OP
    OP
    CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    No worries mate, I understand where you're coming from.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:00 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    one of the first things I was taught when I started playing here is that there are several comics in the fm, my guild's is fm 6 cc 5, there is a topic explaining about some fm that sell pot for example. I really like this method, because here basically there is no fight for spot and everyone uses owl
    (almost everyone literally) so I think having space is pretty irrelevant

10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just for context, this specific player has nothing in those shops at all. It's not like they are using them and selling a lot of stuff, they set it up just to stop other players from being able to put their shops up.

11. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    6:00 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    The real question is… if it does, why/ how does it affect you?

Maybe he really likes that fm room for w/e reason and wants to use it all by himself and that’s how he plays the game. If he has fun by listing lupin bananas for 420m each on x20 stores occupying a full fm room, then good for him. People have fun in their own ways and, if they are not impeding you from playing the game “as intended”, then they can do w/e they want.

As an example, it is the same as owning a map and just hitting a mob every 5min to keep it his. If all other channels were full and that person does it only with bad intent then it could be argued to be griefing, but if there are more channels available, nothing stops you from changing channel and leaving him play the game as he wants.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If there is space elsewhere, that player is doing nothing to stop you from setting up your shop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    2:00 PM
    Endorphins
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:00 PM
    Moderator Post
    What would be griefing is someone using multiple characters to enter your store causing it to completely lock up (don't do this btw, its a bannable offense).

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1