1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cuppy's Card Crusades

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vampiredio, Jun 30, 2023.

1. vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    4:54 AM
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Hi all! I really love all of the diary-esque posts of people's goals, accomplishments, adventures, etc. I tend to lose steam on my own projects kind of quickly when I'm not talking about them with others or documenting my progress in some way, so I thought this would be a fun undertaking.

I already have my T10 ring, but card collecting and hunting is by far my favorite pastime in game, so I've decided to fill in the gaps and complete as much of my monster book as possible at this point (I'm a lvl 129 bucc) while also documenting other notable things during my playtime like gachapon tickets, approximate time spent in each area, and my overall completion progress towards a full monster book among other miscellaneous info. There might be a time in the future where I want to start from 0 again with the goal of documenting card hunting from beginning to end (0-300 sets) but for now, this will have to do.

I think as I complete each tab, I'll mark them as complete on this original post and stamp the date it was finished; because I'm not sure when I finished the red tab, I'll just mark it as complete the day this post is made.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:
    Monster Book Completion:

Red Tab: :tick: Completed 6/30/23

Orange Tab: :tick: Completed 7/1/23

Lime Tab: :tick: Completed 7/2/23

Green Tab: :tick: Completed 7/6/23

Aqua Tab: :tick: Completed 7/7/23

Blue Tab: :cross: Incomplete; missing 3 sets

Purple Tab: :cross: Incomplete; missing 22 sets

Black Tab: :cross: Incomplete; missing 29 sets

Gold Tab: :cross: Incomplete; missing 48 sets

Total Missing: 102 as of 7/8/23

Last edited: Jul 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. maxreber

maxreber Horny Mushroom

Apr 20, 2020
    Male
    6:54 AM
    Pipp
    Dark Knight
    This is fun! Can't wait to follow your progress!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:54 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Nice! following

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:54 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Definitely here for this! Good luck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Okay! Here comes the big breakdown for the day, even though I'm still currently hunting, it's 2.40am and I know I'll eventually get too tired to write this all up properly. Things I'd like to generally track each time I card hunt are: EXP, Meso & Gacha. I tried to keep track of everything at the beginning of the day, but last track of my meso because I took a break to scroll some earrings LOL. I'll try and do better in the future for my own sake, and because recording this kind of pointless info scratches my brain.

Sets Completed:
    [​IMG] Nightmare; LV 40; hunted in: Hallway - This Again? (Haunted House)
    [​IMG] Glutton Ghoul; LV 21; hunted in: Library (Haunted House)
    [​IMG] Voodoo; LV 60; hunted in: Sophilia's Bedroom (Haunted House)
    [​IMG] Leprechaun; LV 45; hunted in: Bent Tree (Phantom Forest)
    [​IMG] Ashigaru; LV 30; hunted in: Ninja Castle Hallway

Currently Hunting:
    [​IMG]
    Jr. Boogie; LV 35; hunting in: The Grave of Mushmom (Sleepy Wood Dungeon)

Tabs Completed:
    Orange :tick:

Start EXP: 34.12%
    End EXP: 35.85%

+5 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+3
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can't say I'm the biggest fan of the flying book enemies in the Library map of Haunted House... Not only do they chase you around, but they're unkillable, or, at least I wasn't able to hit them. The Legends Library says they're LV 200 with 99,999HP and 999 Avoid so I'm just going to assume they are not able to be hit. Even though they only did 1DMG, it was so frustrating getting knocked around and chased by them incessantly while trying to hunt flying mobs in a map with invisible teleports.

[​IMG]
    I was initially kind of worried about hunting Leprechaun, since the highest amount of them in any map is 6, and that isn't super promising. I spent about an hour running around the Phantom Forest trying to keep track of where I was and following a map in the Before Big Bang data base, but mostly ended up going in circles and getting mad. BUT... lucky enough, I found a spot in Bent Tree (first entry map into Phantom Forest) where Dragon Strike was able to reach two Leprechaun spawns without me moving, apart from turning to face each direction. I think this took about an hour total, with no other notable drops during the process.

[​IMG]
    I don't know if the Ninja Castle drop rates were increased at any time in the last 2 years since I was last actively card hunting, but I do remember that in the time it took me to get 5 Genin cards, I never saw a single Ashigaru card, despite being in the map with the highest spawn numbers (7). This time around though, whether it was just good fortune or boosted rates, I think it only took about 45 minutes to an hour. I was really prepared to hunker down for this one but it was nice to get it done quickly regardless, AND... Ashigaru was the last card I needed to complete the orange tab in the Monster Book!

[​IMG]
    I also did my first runs of the Demon Tower for the 8th Anniversary Event with PippPipp and racked up those sweet Retro Coupons. I didn't get much of note, but a handful of CSS 3% scrolls and some Rare Gacha tickets. Thank you as always to the Legends team for all of the incredible custom content and events. :heart: MapleF13 It was a lot of fun struggling and (eventually) succeeding on our two runs.

upload_2023-7-1_3-12-46.png
    I took a break to look at all of the Boss Monsters and their individual drops to write down which give unique chairs, so if I'm ever in [X] area I can make a detour and check for spawns. Earlier I was looking for Eliza, Timer and Seruf; unfortunately Eliza and Timer were a no-go but I managed to find two Seruf spawns and one of them dropped me a beautiful fish tank chair MapleF11 Maybe it's unwise to only make note of chair dropping mobs, but I can't keep track of every individual boss mob for cards, and those will likely be the last thing I hunt (if I ever want to subject myself to attempting to complete that tab in the long term).

Thanks for reading and the nice replies / reactions! Happy Mapling :3

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Hi again! Time for another (late) update at what is, as of writing this, 3.05am - oops! Summer is the best time to totally fuck up your schedule though, so it's whatever. Now, I said yesterday I'd like to track my meso, and my original thought was literal rates of what I was earning solely from card hunting, but my adhd brain is a little too slippery with fine details and I keep moving money around from buying/selling in FM without thinking. Because of this, I think it'd be better to just generally track my meso movement overall both in and outside of card hunting, which includes NPC'ing all items. I also kept track of NX drops today, and would like to do so going forward!

I've decided in what may be a significant lack of judgement to hunt in order of tab rather than convenience by location/grouping because completing a tab gives me more motivation than staying in one place looking to complete a group of mobs that are in disconnected parts of the monster book. I think that although in the long run this isn't the most efficient method, it will ultimately be more fun/rewarding for me as I enjoy traveling around the Maple world and a change of scenery goes a long way.

Also, some card images are broken on the MapleLegends Library, so apologies for imperfect formatting.

Sets Completed:
    [​IMG]
    Jr. Boogie; LV 35; hunted in: The Grave of Mushmom (Sleepy Wood Dungeon)
    Electrophant; LV 41; hunted in: Ice Chamber (MesoGears)
    Black Sheep; LV 37; hunted in: Land of Black Sheep (China)
    [​IMG] Baby Typhon; LV 40; hunted in: Path of Peril (Crimsonwood)
    [​IMG] Phantom Tree; LV 50; hunted in: Phantom Forest

Currently Hunting:
    [​IMG]
    Mushmom (1/5); LV 60; hunting in: Someone Else's House
    [​IMG] Jr. Lucida (2/5); LV 63; hunting in: Stairway to The Sky II
    [​IMG] Zeno (2/5); LV 65; hunting in: Gray's Prairie
    [​IMG] Chief Gray (0/5); LV 49; hunting in: Barnard Field, Kulan Field IV, Kulan Field V, Gray's Prairie
    [​IMG] MT-09 (3/5); LV 54; hunting in: Defeat Monsters

Tabs Completed:
    Lime :tick:

Start EXP: LV 129 35.85%
    End EXP: LV 129 22.54%

(you might wanna check the notes for this one LOL)

Gacha:
    +11 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+0 Onion...

Total Gacha:
    [​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 03

NX Drops:
    +7 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+7 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Total NX Today = 2,250OnionF2

Meso Gains:
    +50m from FM
    +~2m from card hunting
    Total savings = 177m

[​IMG]
    Last Jr. Boogie card! I was expecting this hunt to be fairly annoying, but with a decent spawn rate of 2 every 10-20sec in The Grave of Mushmom, I think it only added up to about an hour.

The second place I went for hunting today was back to NLC and into Crimsonwood, or, at least I tried to... I was never good at navigating the Phantom Forest / Crimsonwood area back in the day, and I am no better now. I basically follow a youtube video every single time I need to get to a specific map because my brain won't absorb the information or memorize the route to Crimsonwood. At the time I was going for Baby Typhon, which is past Valley of Heroes I & II and up in the Path of Peril with a whopping 4 spawns. I've been off Legends for maybe 1.5-2 years, so my Valley of Heroes skills had reverted back to 0 and I was once again looking up walkthrus on youtube, no problem there! Except I got hit with that damn ass spiked pole on my first attempt in VoH I and died. Okay, no biggie- I wasn't carrying safety charms? Oh, that's fine. It's fine, I'm not mad (I'm so mad). I think, gee, I should save the map before VoH I with the abundance of TP Cokes I have from the 8th Anni. raffle so I don't have to follow another 3 minute video guide back. Then I go back to VoH I, forget to save the map before, forget to get safety charms, and die a second time, dropping my EXP to around 15%. I wasn't quite as mad as I could have been all things considered, because EXP is really just a small bonus in the card hunting endeavors right now and although losing 20% was mildly infuriating, it didn't deter me from going back later in the day.

After the initial 20% hit, I did take a break and went back to complete Electrophant.

Now, at this point I was still kind of dreading going all the way back into Crimsonwood and so I decided, fuck it, I'll go find Black Sheep instead! I knew they were in China, it can't be that big of a deal- WRONG. Black Sheep are gated behind a questline that requires you to farm 400 etc. drops prior to entry. I do this because I'm a good sport and my autism fueled card hunting cannot be snuffed out by a couple of annoying prequests. Doing the questline for entry + the time it took for 5 cards was probably about 2-2.5 hours, which was longer than I thought it would be, but on the upside it gave me time to cool off (and buy safety charms) to head back to Crimsonwood.

[​IMG]
    The map Baby Typhon are on is incredibly annoying, as the full grown Typhons do a whirlwind attack which knocks you back a fair bit, and the bottom of the map falls back into the previous area so getting knocked around is not ideal. There was a spot where two Baby Typhon were spawning close together and I could just run back and forth punching them, occasionally canceling my Energy Charge skill because Typhon do not auto-aggro and will, for the most part, just kind of dawdle around the map aimlessly unless hit. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of rates, since sometimes a mob I think will have good rates is dogshit, and sometimes a mob I think will have dogshit rates is good. Thankfully, Baby Typhon only took about 20-30 minutes for all 5 cards and I was safe to exit Crimsonwood (for now).

Before I could leave the Phantom Forest altogether, I did have to channel surf a fair bit and run around punching Phantom Trees until I got all 5 cards, but their drop rate was also pretty decent and I only ended up going through 5 channels before collecting them all.

So, where am I now? Currently I'm hanging off a rope in Omega Sector where I'm looking for Chief Gray, MT-09 and Zeno. I did take a couple of detours to look for Eliza, Mushmom and Timer for their chair drops. I had no luck with Timer despite checking twice over my playtime, but I did land all 6 Mushmom and 1 Eliza. I tried to get Eliza to keep spawning Jr. Lucida for me but only managed to get 2 cards before it stopped attacking me altogether and instead just ambled around the map back and forth without attacking me (aside from touch damage), so I gave up and killed her </3

Chief Gray and MT-09 are giving me quite a bit of trouble at the moment, but hopefully my luck looks up sooner rather than later.

Thanks for reading and happy Mapling OnionBlush

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    you can ask for door or use tp to finish the cwk quest, at end u can skip the jq

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    omg... this is great news! I had never gotten past ~LV60 back in the old days and this is my highest LV char on Legends, so CWK is pretty unfamiliar to me. I'll definitely do that quest line when I go back for cards later OnionLove

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    IMO is a good deal do the quest since u can farm some cwk badge / drops / extra quest til card hunt

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Every night these posts get later and later ... or earlier, depending on how you look at it. It's 4.38AM right now on the West Coast and by the time I'm done writing this up, it'll probably be around 6AM. Keeping track of things went pretty smooth today, I think I've got things into a pretty nice rhythm for now. The actual hunts themself were pretty exhausting / slow, but I definitely got some things out of the way that I'm happy to be done with + some other nice bonuses.

I've also decided that when I hit 50 common gacha tickets, I'll probably use all of them and then post the highlights.

Sets Completed:
    [​IMG]
    MT-09; LV 54; hunted in: Defeat Monsters
    [​IMG] Chief Gray; LV 49; hunted in: Barnard Field, Kulan Field IV, Kulan Field V, Gray's Prairie
    [​IMG] Zeno; LV 65; hunted in: Gray's Prairie
    [​IMG] Jr. Lucida; LV 63; hunted in: Stairway to The Sky II
    [​IMG] Timer; LV 59; hunted in: Whirlpool of Time
    [​IMG] Phantom Watch; LV 95; hunted in: Forgotten Path of Time 4

Currently Hunting:
    [​IMG]
    Eliza (1/5); LV 83; hunting in: Stairway to The Sky II
    [​IMG] Rombot (4/5); LV 47; hunting in: Hidden Tower
    [​IMG] Gigantic Spirit Viking (3/5); LV 98; hunting in: Twisted Time

Tabs Completed:

None

Start EXP:
    LV 129 22.54%
    End EXP:
    LV 129 44.04%

Gacha:

+4 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+3 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Current Total Gacha:

25 [​IMG]
    06 [​IMG]

NX Drops:

+8 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+1 [​IMG]

+1 750
    Total NX Today
    = 1,800 OnionPerfect

Meso Gains:

+~6m from FM
    +~4m from hunting

Total savings
    = 188m

Today was kind of exhausting! But I took plenty of little breaks through out to keep my motivation up.
    [​IMG]
    A lot of the sets I had to complete today were mobs with respawn timers, bosses and regular spawns. Respawn timers on regular spawns are one of my least favorite things because I have to find other things to hunt or keep myself occupied with while I wait for them. The "route" I was on today was mostly between Omega Sector, Ludi and Orbis. I would start with MT-09 (19-33m respawn) and then head over to check for Chief Gray (8-17m respawn) in its 4 maps, one of which contains Zeno who has a 2hr respawn timer. After I cleared the maps for those 3 mobs, I would head up to Ludi and check for Timer in Whirlpool of Time, who also has a 2hr respawn. After checking for Timer, I would use the pile of TP Cokes in my inventory from the raffle to go back to Orbis and look for Eliza (3hr respawn) to finish Jr. Lucida.

MT-09 and Jr. Lucida were the first I was able to finish earlier in the day, but everything else played out very slowly, and with a LOT of walking back and forth to places. I did pick up a stack of 100 Eos Rock scrolls for 1.5m to make the pain more bearable.OnionMercy After I had finished Jr. Lucida I stopped going back to Orbis for Eliza, as it's pretty popular to hunt and quite frankly I was sick of coming up with nothing to show for the effort. I instead focused my attention on the Ludi depths, where I need to finish my 7,000 kill quest for the HP challenges & had 2 regular card sets I hadn't done for my T10 ring; Phantom Watch and Gigantic Spirit Viking.

I bounced between hunting Phantom Watch for ~20 minutes -> Return Scroll to Ludi -> Eos Rock scroll to Omega -> check for Chief Gray and Zeno -> Eos Rock scroll back up to Ludi -> check for Timer -> go back to Phantom Watch (rinse and repeat).

After a while I had finished Chief Gray and Zeno so I had no reason to go back down to Omega (yay!) but then as I was flipping through my monster book, I realized I only had 1 Rombot card (fuck!) and so I would Eos Rock down to the 1st floor and then walk up to floor 8 and check for Rombot every 30 minutes or so.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    During all of this running around madness, I did manage to complete the Timer set, and on what I was considering my last Timer for the day, it finally dropped the Pink Teddy Chair which really made up for the day of exhaustion.

The last things I was hunting before calling it a day were Gigantic Spirit Viking and Rombot, who I will hopefully complete quickly today. For all of the effort, I'm happy with how many sets I was able to complete and the amount I was able to juggle and keep track of at the same time Onionsmh. The EXP from Phantom Watch & Gigantic Spirit Viking is also a neat little bonus, and I also really enjoy the deep Ludi maps in general so being there isn't as bad as it could be. For as much as I hate respawn timers, I can still appreciate the challenge and puzzle they create while card hunting and in that way I do find them as fun as they are infuriating.

Thanks for reading and happy Mapling! OnionCourage

• Like Like x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Alrighty, 4.36am as of starting to write this post; the sun is starting to come up in the distance. Remember yesterday how I said I wanted to save up a total of 50 gachapon tickets before using them? Well, hear me out now, but when I was having some pretty shit luck earlier in the day I was thinking: "What would make me feel better right now?" And if you answered 'gambling' you were right! So I dumped all my tickets into the machine and came up with a handful of scrolls worth some change and... something huge... something I always wanted...
    [​IMG]
    My very own PAC!
    [​IMG]
    But... I never said it had to be a good one.

Sets Completed:
    [​IMG]
    Gigantic Spirit Viking; LV 98; hunted in: Twisted Time
    [​IMG] Rombot; LV 47; hunted in: Hidden Tower
    [​IMG] Eliza; LV 83; hunted in: Stairway to the Sky II

Currently Hunting:
    [​IMG]
    Riche (3/5); LV 10; hunted in: Forest of Dead Trees I, II, III
    [​IMG] D. Roy (3/5); LV 75; hunted in: Lab Area C-3
    [​IMG] Security Camera (3/5); LV 10; hunted in: Authorized Personnel Only
    [​IMG] Deet and Roi (3/5); LV 10; hunted in: Lab Unit 202
    [​IMG] Manon (1/5); LV 105; hunted in: Manon's Forest
    [​IMG] Griffey (2/5); LV 105; hunted in: Griffey Forest
    [​IMG] Leviathan (1/5); LV 120; hunted in: Leviathan's Canyon

Tabs Completed:

None

Start EXP:
    LV 129 44.04%
    End EXP: LV 129 60.53%

Gacha:

+1 [​IMG]

+0 OnionGloomy

Total Current Gacha:

01 [​IMG]
    00 [​IMG]

NX Drops:

+2 [​IMG][​IMG]

+3 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Total NX Today
    = 950 OnionFull

Meso Gains:

Look, I wasn't keeping track for reasons you will see later, but here's the overall movement.
    188m -> 145m

Total savings
    = 145m

Okay! Kind of a long day.
    [​IMG]
    (I promise I took breaks/was AFK through out the day doing other things, I just hadn't fully logged off.)

As you may be noticing, a lot of the monsters I need right now in the gaps in earlier tabs are monsters with respawn timers. I avoided these mobs during my T10 collection for obvious reasons, since it doesn't make sense to hang around and wait for a mob to spawn for hours when you can just be farming the abundance of normal spawns.

[​IMG]
    My god, I was SO glad to be done with Rombot today. Taking Eos Rocks all the way down to Omega and then climbing back up 8 floors to get to Rombot was getting pretty annoying, and after I finished Gigantic Spirit Viking, I had no reason to be in Ludi/Omega other than Rombot, so until I found the last card I felt pretty locked in place there. I did swing around to Orbis once or twice looking for Eliza during this time, but other people were already camping so I had to come back later in the day looking for the chair. I was only missing 1 Eliza card and asked someone if they would let me know if they got a card I could have, and about 20 minutes later they sent me a whisper! So, thank you stranger for your kindness allowing me to finish my set, and I hope you got your chair!

[​IMG]
    Because I sure did :3 this has got to be one of my favorite chair designs, I didn't know it had an animated effect with the fireworks and was pleasantly surprised to see them blooming around my character cuddling with this adorable Lioner.

Around this time I also started swinging around to Magatia between using Dead Mine scrolls to check for Riche every few hours. I made my way down twice, the first time picking up 2 cards and the second only 1 OnionPanickyBut it's fine, I'll try again when I wake up later.

My luck has been astounding in some places, like getting 3 boss chairs 3 days in a row - and horrific in other places, like card luck. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

[​IMG]
    At some point in the day I was completing my <Use 20 Owls> HP challenge and looking up random items, including some masks and scrolls for face for avoid. My prior mask was +6 dex, but I suddenly recalled that prior to creating that one, I had succeeded 2 30s in a row and then boomed on my ballsy third try and thought to myself, "Gee, I'd really like to try that again." Don't ask me why I'm trying to minmax my gear at LV 129 when 2 dex could easily be saved for endgame adjustments; the heart wants what the heart wants. So, I bought 3 Smiling Masks for 5m a piece and 3 10% face for avoid scrolls, as they are extremely cheap compared to their 30% counterpart. My thought was that if I succeeded one of the 10% scrolls, I'd buy a 30% and see where it took me. Low and behold, I succeeded my first 10% and then failed the other two on the other masks, which were tossed in the garbage. I bought a 30%, kissed my cat, and prayed... and, as you may already know from looking at the stats, I succeeded the 30% and then 4 out of 5 60s. Feelsgoodman. A ~35m investment for a huge payoff.

[​IMG]
    After that pointless gambling session, PippPipp and I did our daily Rav/Pap and patrolled for Manon, Griffey and Leviathan in search of riches: chairs, cards, perfect equips, and skill books. We essentially came out empty handed on all fronts, but I was able to snag a card here and there and I'm all about celebrating the little victories in this long road I have chosen.

Where am I now? Currently I'm still patrolling Orbis/Magatia for some respawn timed mobs and will probably loop around to Korean Folk Town for a few missing Yellow King Goblin cards and Mu Lung Garden for some other random odds and ends. Before any of that though, it's probably time for some well deserved rest. OnionRelax
    Thanks for reading and happy Mapling! OnionBye

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    What's poppingggg... the clock moves forward once more; it's 5.24am as of sitting down to write this post. Went and saw some fireworks with some friends and my kitchen short-circuited and has been out of power all evening / night but hopefully someone will be coming to take a look and fix things today. On the card hunting side, I had less time to dedicate to my endeavors today but still managed to get a lot done. I think the range of how much I accomplish is going to be really large due to multiple factors, but mostly luck. I'm seeing a lot less gacha tickets the last few days since most of my efforts have been in the local bosses of whatever tab I'm working in, so I'm not really spending any time killing hundreds - thousands of mobs for any real reason.

Also, the "currently hunting" section will only contain what I hunted on the day of my update, otherwise it will rack up a lot of things I'm not necessarily after yet and I don't want a huge list of sets on the back burner clogging up my posts - IE: I didn't hunt Manon, Griffey or Leviathan today, so although I have progress towards their full set from yesterday, I won't be mentioning them in "currently hunting" for today.

Sets Completed:
    [​IMG]
    Riche; LV 10; hunted in: Forest of Dead Trees I, II, III
    [​IMG] Snow Witch; LV 10; hunted in: Icy Cold Field
    [​IMG] Yellow King Goblin; LV 70; hunted in: Hidden Street (Haunted House)
    [​IMG] Sage Cat; LV 66; hunted in: Goblin Forest 2
    [​IMG] Seruf; LV45; hunted in: The Seaweed Tower
    [​IMG] Old Fox; LV 70; hunted in: Moon Ridge
    [​IMG] Security Camera; LV 10; hunted in: Authorized Personnel Only

Currently Hunting:
    [​IMG]
    D. Roy (3/5); LV 75; hunting in: Lab Area C-3
    [​IMG] Deet and Roi (3/5); LV 10; hunted in: Lab Unit 202
    [​IMG] Scholar Ghost (2/5); LV 10; hunted in: Fox Ridge
    [​IMG] Mushmom (2/5); LV 60; hunted in: Someone Else's House
    [​IMG] Homunscullo (2/5); LV 80; hunted in: Lab Unit 202

Tabs Completed:

None

Start EXP:
    LV 129 60.53%
    End EXP: LV 129 66.05%

Gacha:

+1 [​IMG]

+0

Total Current Gacha:

02 [​IMG]

NX Drops:
    +3 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+6 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Total NX Today
    = 1,800 OnionRay

Meso Gains:

+35m from FM
    +~5m from hunting

Total Current Savings = 185m

[​IMG]
    Riche was the first set I completed pretty early in the day. I'm surprised it took so long given that there are 18 total Riche spawns in FoDT I II & III (+3 more in FoDT IV, if you count seeing him once every 24d). Being so deep into El Nath, I was definitely glad to have it out of the way sooner rather than later since Dead Mine return scrolls are not cheap. After I finished Riche I thought it would be best to try for Snow Witch and Snowman, since I was already in the area.

[​IMG]
    I had to kill Snow Witch somewhere between 6-12 times, as after the first round of 6 I didn't complete the set and I don't remember how many of the second rotation I had to kill before getting the 5th card (oops!). Luckily bosses like Snow Witch are easier to hunt since they don't have any useful drops (literally just an etc. item and the card), so I'm not fighting a plethora of people trying to get in on their 100th set of ilbis or a chance at a chair or expensive scroll. It doesn't seem like Snowman drops anything overwhelmingly good either, but both times I checked he was nowhere to be found Onion...

[​IMG]
    During this time I was also heading down into Aqua Road and looking for Seruf, and then resurfacing in Korean Folk town to look for Scholar Ghost and Old Fox. While in KFT, I made a stop by the Goblin troupe and bought 6m of Yellow King Goblin's summon item in FM. I only needed 3 of his card, but I ended up needing to buy 18 of the summon item to complete it. If Seruf, Scholar Ghost and Old Fox were still on their respawn timer, I would head back into Aqua Road and take the dolphin shuttle into Mu Lung looking for King Sage Cat - but I had no luck on that end either. While I happened to be in the area though, I did get all 5 Sage Cat cards. I don't know why I didn't collect them the first time I was in Mu Lung for my T10 ring, but it's no biggie. I'll take a standard grind hunt where I can get them at this point from the mental math and acrobatics of running across multiple continents all day for a shot at some of these cards. Eventually I managed to snag my final Old Fox card, but was still lagging behind with 2/5 Scholar Ghost cards, which is where it's still at for now. Waiting for respawn timers is kind of part of the hassle of choosing to complete things by tab rather than area, but I'm making the best of it where I can to stop by other area bosses. The final 3 aqua sets I need for the tab are D. Roy, Scholar Ghost and Windraider.

Another set I have my eyes on is the final mob left in the green tab, which is Shade. Shade is deep in the Kerning City Subway tunnels and the few times I've managed to get back over to Vic and check things out, there are usually people leeching in the map and as such Shade is nowhere to be seen, so I have a feeling I'll be working on it as I move into the blue tab.

[​IMG]
    My last hunting success was getting the final Security Camera card in Magatia, but I still have a handful of other Magatia sets to finish with respawn timers so I'm not out of the woods quite yet for that area. Security Camera is another fairly easy hunt in terms of not having to fight against other players to find and kill it as it only drops a quest item and the card, so nothing of any real interest to the general population.

[​IMG]
    Before logging off for the night, I did clear all 6 channels of Mushmom and got the Poor Ribbon Pig Chair. I don't know what it is with me and my boss chair luck, but this is like the 4th day in a row I've gotten a unique boss chair that I didn't already have. I think that was probably ~my 10th Mushmom kill. The boss I've had to kill the most of for a chair thus far is Timer, with somewhere around 30, which is still not bad at all compared to some experiences I've heard from other people.

Plans for today is to try and finish the remaining Magatia sets, try and snag a Shade card or two, and then move more into the blue tab and most likely do the CWK quest line while getting cards along the way.

Thanks for reading and happy Mapling OnionPretty

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Howdy howdy! I'm pretty sick right now, so laying in bed and collecting cards is the perfect pastime between resting. This post is a condensed version of 7/5/23 - 7/7/23, but I got lots done!

Sets Completed:
    [​IMG]
    Deet and Roi; LV 10; hunted in: Lab Unit 202
    [​IMG] Scholar Ghost; LV 10; hunted in: Fox Ridge
    [​IMG] Windraider; LV 70; hunted in: Lower Ascent
    [​IMG] Zombie Mushmom; LV 65; hunted in: The Grave of Mushmom
    [​IMG] Crimson Tree; LV 75; hunted in: Lower Ascent
    [​IMG] D. Roy; LV 75; hunting in: Lab Area C-3
    [​IMG] Homunscullo; LV 80; hunted in: Lab Unit 202

Wolfspider; LV 80; hunted in: Wolf Spider Cavern
    [​IMG] Shade; LV 10; hunted in: Line 1 <Area 4>

Black Bear Swordsman; LV 80; hunted in: Foot of the Mountain

White Tiger Swordsman; LV 90; hunted in: Foot of the Mountain

Currently Hunting:
    [​IMG]
    Goby (3/5); LV 85; hunting in: Deep Sea Gorge II
    [​IMG] Bone Fish (1/5); LV 92; hunting in: Deep Sea Gorge I
    [​IMG] Firebrand (1/5); LV 90; hunting in: Path of Strength
    [​IMG] Stormbreaker (1/5); LV 80; hunting in: Cavern of Pain
    [​IMG] Mushmom (4/5); LV 60; hunting in: Someone Else's House

Tabs Completed:

:tick: Green
    :tick: Aqua

Start EXP:
    LV 129 66.53%
    End EXP: LV 130 33.66%

Gacha:

+10 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+3 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Total Current Gacha:

12 [​IMG]

03 [​IMG]

NX Drops:

+11 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+12 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

+1 750

Total NX 7/5-7/7
    = 4,850 OnionMuha

Meso Gains:

-10m potion restock
    -45m FM

Total Current Savings = 130m

I'm too tired/sick to write up as much as I usually do, but I'll take this time to express my bad luck frustrations.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My god. D. Roy, Homunscullo and Shade gave me SUCH problems. The worst thing about D. Roy and Homunscullo is that they're alllllll the way in Magatia, so I'd have to take the boat from Orbis -> Ariant -> Camel Taxi to Magatia every time it was time to check for their spawns. Both of them have 2 spawns per/channel, and yet... I must have gone back to Magatia 10 times just to get 5 cards from them. It was just far enough out of the way that it was frustrating. Most of the time I would just go get a snack while waiting/riding boats or talk to people if I happened to get company which definitely helped to pass the travel times. I know it's crazy to complain about considering they're half of what the original travel times are - but even though I'm whining about it, I do really genuinely enjoy the physical travel present in the game as opposed to GMS where it costs nothing to get a 7-day TP rock, which is what everyone relies on 100% of the time. Those boats haven't been ridden in ages.

I also spent a LOT of time in CWK / Phantom Forest area completing the exchange quest and Lukan/John Barricade's quests for the Marker of Heroism, Map of Phantom Forest, and Crimsonwood Keystone items. I'm going to be honest with you, I don't know what the keystone actually does, but I was already in the area so I just completed all of Lukan's available quests. I figure it's something I'll need in the future for CWKPQ, so having it is fine with me. The Marker of Heroism is definitely the best reward since it allows you to skip the annoying JQs in VoH I & II. No more stupid deaths for me. OnionCheer

I don't have a lot to say about everything else in my sickness-induced fugue state. But, I'm glad to be done with the green and aqua tabs! That's a lot of timed spawns out of the way OnionGloomy

Current plans are to finish up the blue tab, which I only am missing 3 cards from: Goby, Stormbreaker and Firebrand. The purple tab and beyond is where it gets pretty dicey, as I'm missing a lot of cards from them all. I'll definitely need to do some leveling and grinding before some of them become reasonably available to me, but I'll document all of that stuff as well. I'd like to also try and be hunting lower level boss cards while I grind, since all of their boss timers are 2h+
    Thanks for reading and happy Mapling! OnionRelax

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. maxreber

maxreber Horny Mushroom

Apr 20, 2020
    Male
    6:54 AM
    Pipp
    Dark Knight
    GZ on 130 animated.gif

• Friendly Friendly x 1