1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Devoted" room in PPQ needs a rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PlaceHolder, Nov 20, 2022.

1. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    12:49 PM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    For those unaware, there's a quest (bbb/library) for PPQ that requires you to kill 200 Devoted Krus and Captains, but they can only be found in two optional rooms after the "20 Marks" stage and before the "4 Keys" stage. For both rooms, you have one minute to kill Devoted pirates; if you're still in the room when the timer runs out, you get booted from the party quest. The Devoted pirates also despawn every ten seconds, and they have health pools befitting level 80 mobs.

The only reason to enter these two rooms is for diehard questers. The reward is only 40k exp and a shoe speed 10% scroll. There's also the fact that the people outside of the room can't proceed to the next stage because everyone needs to be in the same map to move on, so the people in the optional room are holding up the rest of the run for up to two minutes.

At least one of these changes is needed so that there is an actual incentive to do this optional room, and so that those questers, such as myself, don't have to feel as bad for delaying the run.

-Reduce mob HP/boost mob exp. Both mobs have 23k/28k HP for 310/380 exp. This is, quite possibly, one of the worst HP/exp ratios in the game (~74 HP/exp). For comparison, gs2 is 5.8k HP for 250 exp (~23 HP/exp) and CDs are 7.9k/8.5k HP for 700/800 exp (~11 HP/exp).
    -Boost mob drops. Both mobs only drop Ginseng Concentrate, which you need 100 for another quest with a subpar reward. Make them Elixers or something.
    -Boost quest rewards. A paltry sum of exp and a shitty scroll is reminiscent of older version Maplestory quest design. At bare minimum, the quest should reward at least 90k exp, which matches the first of Muirhat's Eliminate quests. Have the reward pool include some scrolls worth more than 1m mesos. Heck, throw in the Spikes on Shoes scroll in there.
    -Don't have the mobs despawn. They have a lot of HP, especially for those lower leveled. Their spawn nodes are also distant from each other, and the mobs don't have enough time to bunch up, so single-target attackers can only kill two or three every ten seconds.
    -Allow other party members to proceed without full party present. This allows otherwise impatient party members to get on with the run, while the questers do their own thing for up to two minutes. I understand this change might be trickier to implement.

If the Devoted room is a part of the upcoming PQ Rework patch, then I'll be glad.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    all PQs need more love, good thread!

3. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    2:49 AM
    I would rather the mob hp be reduced significantly instead of boosting exp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    12:49 PM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    I'm seeing more hints of the PQ Rework coming up on the forums.
    I would like to take this opportunity to bring this thread back so staff could pretty pretty please give people a reason to enter this god awful room.

• Like Like x 1