1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ppl2pass

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Marty, May 27, 2015.

1. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:55 AM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    • I didn't write this. This is an adapted version of the guide on ppl2passing by the guild Eternity from Mardia. The original guide can be found here. Some credit also goes to Christine of Synergy from another v62 private server, which can be found here.
    • This shouldn't be used as a serious excuse to KS or break the rules.
    • Those that know me might argue that I'm not a good ppl2passer; just wait, scrubs!!1!1

This guide is brought to you in order to help your slow leveling nature, which reflects us all poorly when people look through the rankings or start buying leech because they're too lazy to grind. Many of you may be familiar with the term 'ppl2pass' and what it means, but this should clarify its exact meaning to all you henehoes out there.

1. Getting Started

What you will need:
    1. An internet connection
    2. A computer, mobile device, tablet and a laptop
    3. The newest version of MapleLegends installed
    4. (Optional) Have a default message ready to send to your parental unit reading: 'food pls, ppl2pass'. At this point you parent should already understand what this means and there should be no explanations. Cartman's mom is a great example of what your parental unit is really meant for.
    5. Assuming you no longer live with your parents, have a mini fridge as close as possible to your desk/workspace. This is an absolute must and is to be filled with energy drinks, anything in terms of food, almost anything that you can eat while ppl2passing.
    6. Have a wrist wrap nearby because carpel tunnel is a bitch but, ppl2pass.

2. Basic Techniques of "ppl2pass"
    • Talking is acceptable, however in moderation. Stay out of FM and town, especially if talking in guild/buddy chat. If people pester you for training, simply say: "Stfu, ppl2pass". They will understand. A decent ppl2passer will talk no more than 3 minutes per hour.
    • When choosing a training partner, do not choose someone because they beg, they are your wife or because there is no one else. If such is the case, EXP will always be love.
    • Perm Priests are okay, only if the Priest is as active as you. A less active 'perm' Priest will only scare other priests away, and drag you down. Cut out this disease before it's too late. Every class has one ideal party training team. Learn this team and use it at all times. If at one point such a team is not possible, train with someone else, but let them know that if a better person comes along, they will be ditched.
    • A good ppl2passer will always attract other ppl2passers. If you plan on ppl2passing, you do it for at least two weeks, not one day. If you do, others will hear of you and want to train with you.
    • Repot once a day, max Use slots, and store up on pots from NLC that will last all day long. Repotting is a waste of time and it is an excuse to sit and do nothing.
    • When ppl2passing, you are competing with everyone, and you make it known. Playful insults such as "lern2grind" will encourage you and others to train harder.

3. Advanced Techniques
    • Because you can't purchase things like 2x EXP cards, use your NX on things like gachapon. Don't waste NX on making your character look 'cool'. You market items to afford training and use that money to get better equips. Marketing scrolls is for time wasting hoes. Big value items only please.
    • Sleep is for the weak. No more than 5 hours and 30 minutes of sleep a night, no exceptions.
    • If you are a F/P Mage, delete your character. You are useless. (except for @Symphony@Symphony)
    • Questing is allowed, but only when you know what you're doing. Only do quests that will give better EXP than grinding, since in the end, EXP is everything.

4. Getting Maps
    • Wherever you decide to train, you clear a map daily at 4 AM PST and stay there until you can move to another training spot. If you're lucky enough to find a GS2 map, stay there until you can move on. You'll never find another GS2 map.
    • If low levels are hogging maps, KS them and force them to go elsewhere.
    • Always KS Chief Bandits that ME. They can't do anything about it, anyway.

Written for noobs on MapleLegends that don't know the true meaning of 'ppl2pass'.

*ppl2pass, lern2level, lern2social and other grinding related meme's are trademarks of the Guild Eternity of Mardia*

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 17
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    10:55 PM
    NSFW
    I knew I was missing something!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:55 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Stfu ppl2pass

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    How do you even have the time to make a ppl2pass guide when you have ppl2pass.

OP fails at ppl2passing while guiding other how to 2ppl2pass. What a bad example.

• Like Like x 20
  5. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Trying to show people how to ppl2pass for future grinding partners. Think ahead, optimise EXP.

Also, 3 minutes per hour! ez!

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Shendizz

Shendizz Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    1:55 PM
    Jelamee
    Pirate
    Aqulia
    Man, sucks to suck. OnionCryRun

7. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    11:55 PM
    Beginner
    How much exp did you get for writing this post?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    wake up, maple , eat , maple , eat, maple , eat , go for a walk, maple , sleep ... and then repeat
    ^add some toilet breaks in there to( not more than 3-4 max if you want to be effective )
    also going for a walk is important* before/after eating depends on what you feel like* ( i usually take a 20-30min walk ea or every other day), will give you a break from grinding and also make sure to keep you healthy for more ppl2passing
    eating 3-5 times ea day is also really important * im bad at eating more than 2-3 times... but try to eat 3 times ea day at least *

also keep some water/soda(not energy drinks unless you really need them for pulling a all nighter) next to you while grinding, good to drink something ^^

some tips from a pro ppl2pass`er // this is how i do it

//wrote all of this while grinding thats how ppl2pass i am xD, writing in between the respawn of mobs :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    8:55 AM
    Invictus
    Priest
    WRECKED

Edit:
    Kid made a legit claim.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Read the disclaimer, I didn't write this, only altered it a bit, so not much time wasted. I stuck to the 3 minutes per hour limit.

@Neko@Neko the healthy ppl2passer. :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Symphony

Symphony Horny Mushroom

Feb 18, 2015
    Female
    New England
    1:55 AM
    Marzipan
    F/P Wizard
    HAHAHHAHAHA ILY. OnionBlush

• Like Like x 1
  12. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    12:55 AM
    Beginner
    -
    Should getting off be done during the 3 min social times? Or does it make it awkward for other people to know your schedule based off your post? I really need help... Take that anyway you want the answer is yes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dome

Dome Slime

Apr 27, 2015
    Male
    8:55 AM
    Dome
    Thief
    If you play a class that can AoE well (like Cleric) at gs2 you can just use one hand for grinding and the other one for another kind of grinding.

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Multi-tasking is something a good ppl2passer needs.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    -
    Yes for the small things NP got that on point, but this is texting and driving type multi tasking you guys are talking about. Things can go wrong fast and you just might die

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Safety Charms!

17. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    -
    Man I never have NX... I guess I'll just forever a lvl to speed run 1 pq and help someone else on the ppl2pass path

18. Doctorsous

Doctorsous Mano

Jul 25, 2015
    Male
    Doctorsous
    Hunter
    Jsquad
    Real life job is getting in the way of ppl2pass >.<

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Quit. Kappa

• Like Like x 8
  20. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    a good ppl2passer has a minifridge and ashtray in the bathroom so they don't have to get up to smoke, eat or shit.