1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Combat-Mode Quality of life changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lirbo, Jul 8, 2023.

Implement these QoL changes?

1. Yay

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Nay (comment why they are bad)

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    2:40 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    There are many things that I personally find quite stupid in old MapleStory (which were fixed in GMS btw).
    While we are by no means GMS and I'm not even sure if these are fixable without having unwanted side effects, I'd still like to point it out.

1. The inability to move items within your inventory while in combat-mode.
    I mean what is the purpose of this?

2. The inability to drop items while in combat-mode yet being able to pass things in trade.
    Again, dropping items while in combat provides you with no benefit... (It is important to note that Mesos can be dropped while in combat mode)

Now I understand that some readers might be like "Wait, so how about equipping items and changing channels, why aren't these possible either?"
    Well honestly I can see why Neckson were coming up with it. They wanted to prevent abuses such as channel-changing mid combat to prevent death, or damage optimization with different types of gear mid-combat, so I do not include these in the suggestion.

Please share your opinion on the matter... Maybe I do miss the point of these implementations, so let's hear you out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:40 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I know a server that have an extra tab (eq. use etc), and everything in this tab was hide on npc talk and trades, It was very usefull, but don't know if can be

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:40 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Being able to drop in combat does provide a benefit: it allows you to drop potions for party members during boss runs. IMO this is not a bad thing though.

4. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    7:40 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I feel like the reason for this is probably some weird server edge-case where doing these things at the exact same time that you, say, die in combat, can result in duped items or something.

5. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Well that doesn't stop me from Trading them the items instead KEKW
    Now before you say "You can't pot mid trade", Pet Auto HP that does it for you.
    If they wanted to prevent just that they could have blocked trades while in combat-mode.
    It has nothing to do with it, as a Software Engineer I can guarantee you that it is very very unlikely.
    If death had something to do with your inventory items then perhaps there might have been some ways to exploit it, but that isn't the case.

6. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    8:40 PM
    sweaty players: switched into avoidability gear or spike shoes 0.1 second before being hit and switch back 0.1 second after the hit.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    7:40 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    I put nothing past the backend being laughably jank, given when the game came out. I am also a software engineer.

Whether or not it's an actual concern is another matter, but the initial development thinking it might be a nonzero possibility and adding this to account for that is what I'm suggesting. Not that it's an actual possibility.

8. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Yes that can certainly happen, but that's why I did not include switching gear in the suggestion. That's one of the exclusions I specified above. :D