1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice [Feedback Thread] MapleLegends Anniversary Event 2023

Discussion in 'Events' started by Ariami, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:58 AM
    Beginner
    Great event and cosmetics! Always wanted to be a shad or a NL, this event made my dream come true!!
    upload_2023-7-15_12-10-23.png
    Did smoke too!
    upload_2023-7-15_12-4-55.png

2. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    2:58 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    • Event Content
      • The Demon King's Tower
        • Overall, how did you feel about the Demon King's Tower?
          It was fun! Nice graphics, easy gameplay and finally something you can endlessly do with friends. It was sort of inconvenient when you cleared the boss, but half the team didnt, you couldnt keep helping them clear it. But thats understandable I guess ^^
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type?
          Yes! No R>class x or lvl x+ only, very accessible.
        • Was the Retro Hero Pendant worth the effort needed to obtain it?
          Imo yes, it didnt take too much effort.
        • Did you like the Leaderboard that was implemented for the Demon King's Tower?
          Didnt bother with it, sorry!
          • Did you participate in trying to "speedrun" the Demon King's Tower?
            I have not
      • Mercenary's Jump Training
        • Did you enjoy this minigame?
          It was ok, not too exciting and in the beginning frustrating but after some practice it was fine.
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins?
          No~
      • Magician's Dodge Training
          Yes
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins?
          Yea, it wasnt too bad, fairly quick and once you get the hang of the patterns its not hard
      • Retro World
          Im guessing this is the..."axe PQ" where you smacc mobs for 3minutes. Done it 2x to try it, left it cuz it wasnt fun.
        • How often did you play this minigame as an alternative to the Demon King's Tower?
          2x
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type?
        • Was the reward system for this minigame fair to you?
          • This is after the updates to include a "pity system" if you did not receive Retro Coupons after a certain number of clears.
      • Bit Puff Daddy
        • What did you like/dislike about the Bit Puff Daddy battle?
          I guess the position on the map was..a bit annoying when you got knocked off? But other than that it was perfect

• Did you find that Bit Puff Daddy spawned often enough for you to participate in?
          At the start, absolutely not. After the buff to it, it became more accessible to EU players but overall, you have to be lucky to catch it really. Would like to see maybe an hourly spawn? So people depend less on luck and it evens out the playing field between the different timezones.
        • Did you find the rewards for Bit Puff Daddy participation fair?
          Yes

• Retro Coupons
      • Accessibility
        • Did you like the methods in which you could obtain Retro Coupons for the Event?
          Yes!
        • In your opinion, were these methods more favorable compared to the past Event's method of 100 Mobs/1 Boss?
          100% yes, much much better.
      • Rewards
        • What did you spend your Retro Coupons on the most: Ability Point Resets, Raffle, Chairs?
          Raffles only. I assumed the chairs would either come from that too, or would be able to buy them in FM. APR`s have no use for me, and personally id rather vote a bit longer than miss out on the mesogains.
        • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with?
          Seemed fine honestly. Ofcourse I wouldve wanted more pouches, but balance is important :)

• Retro Coins
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Retro Coins?
        Quite easy~
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Retro Coins?
        • Which method did you use the most?
          Mostly bossing, but the dodge game for my other chars
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Retro Coins on?
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Retro Coins on?
          I loved the cosmetics, bought some pets too (adventurer thief)
      • Did you have a lot of leftover Retro Coins by the end of the Event?
        Not on my char I focused on, I used my leftovers to buy the Emeric "ciders"

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event?
        Yes
      • Did you enjoy the additional elements added to the Event (i.e. new skills)?
        Yes!
      • In your opinion, was this Event more Community involved or did it feel very Solo-driven?
        Definitively more community involved which I personally love
      • Do you prefer Events that are more custom and unique like this one, or Events that are integrated fully into regular game content?
        I dont mind either, as long as it involves community, doesnt become a mulefest and is balanced
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory?
        Yea, I wouldnt have mind if it was 1 week shorter actually. But not too bad.
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event?
        Yep, 9/10 rating~
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event?
        Yes, but I do wish more people would bother to read it xD Perhaps add a clear indicator that eventshops will close after x days? Cuz theres always that group of people that acts surprised when it gets closed, while having had enough time to exchange (under what rock are they living honestly...).

3. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    2:58 AM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    Pretty cool and interesting event it is nice to have a different raffle system for once. Tower was lots of fun and I liked you could play with people on all levels. Try to add more c

I rate the event 3/5
    it losses a point for not having Golden Gachapon Ticket as almost all anniversary events used to have and another one for having a low exp rate at 5 % exp (for non-attackers) for such a big event also would have liked to be able to get more AP-R instead of just 30 AP-R a week.

-I think you should go back to making it so chairs have a low drop rate and they pop up as yellow lines just sad to see good-looking chairs drop like that. I think you could just buy the chairs for 8m at some point. Then what is the point of buying the chairs for 30 coupons?

4. Averdant

Averdant King Slime

Feb 6, 2020
    8:58 AM
    • Event Content
      • The Demon King's Tower
        • Overall, how did you feel about the Demon King's Tower? It was fun, although I didn't manage to complete it on any of my chars because I didn't put in enough time to learn it/get used to it. I did party up with randos who helped me with clearing mobs but I got rekt by the traps.
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type? Excellent! Would love to see more similar content in future that you can party with anyone.
        • Was the Retro Hero Pendant worth the effort needed to obtain it? Gave it a miss because I'm a casual player, but I'd say its worth it for all the players who care about stats.
        • Did you like the Leaderboard that was implemented for the Demon King's Tower? A little competition is good! Makes it more fun for the server.
          • Did you participate in trying to "speedrun" the Demon King's Tower? Nope.
      • Mercenary's Jump Training
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? It was fun!
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins? It was my main source of retro coins to get pets and nx outfits.
      • Magician's Dodge Training
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? Kinda neutral or slightly meh for me. I think it was because the duration was a little too long for my personal liking.
        • Did you complete this minigame multiple times for extra Retro Coins? Nope, because Jump Training was much faster and more fun. Even if Jump Training offered the same amount of retro coins with the same amount of time to complete it, I would still pick Jump Training over Dodge Training.
      • Retro World
        • Did you enjoy this minigame? I enjoyed it for the first 10-20 rounds and then it got too repetitive afterwards.
        • How often did you play this minigame as an alternative to the Demon King's Tower? Can't remember too well, but I probably farmed about 50 APRs from retro world.
        • Did you enjoy being able to party with players of any level/job type? Yes!
        • Was the reward system for this minigame fair to you? I think it was speculated to be around 30 APRs for maybe 4 hours of work? Wayyyy slower than demon tower where if you're good you can get 30 APRs within 1 hr. But I think 30 APRs for 4 hrs is still considered really good considering our normal NX farming rate from mob drops. Would hope to see such generous APR rewards come back again.
          • This is after the updates to include a "pity system" if you did not receive Retro Coupons after a certain number of clears.
      • Bit Puff Daddy
        • What did you like/dislike about the Bit Puff Daddy battle? Good: It's fun, and free-riders don't get any rewards. Bad: People who entered late in the last few rooms sometimes end up with like 2-5 people and can't clear/struggle to clear Puff Daddy. Would be good if Puff Daddy HP is auto-adjusted based on the number of players in the room (would kinda suck for fully filled rooms if there are DCers or AFKers, but at least if there's 40/50 people actively atking they'll still clear it easily compared to 5 people in a puffy daddy room)
        • Did you find that Bit Puff Daddy spawned often enough for you to participate in? Yes
        • Did you find the rewards for Bit Puff Daddy participation fair? Yes

• Retro Coupons
      • Accessibility
        • Did you like the methods in which you could obtain Retro Coupons for the Event? Demon Tower yes, even though I never managed to complete it. Retro World got repetitive too fast for me. Puff daddy was my favourite.
        • In your opinion, were these methods more favorable compared to the past Event's method of 100 Mobs/1 Boss? This is solely my personal opinion/observation --- I know that a lot of people have voiced out that they preferred demon tower and how it was "relatively easy" once you put in some effort. But other than me, I have a bunch of buddies who are either not interested in JQs/get discouraged easily by JQs or are really bad at JQs (you know those people who still get stuck 2 hrs at zak JQ despite having done it multiple times on diff chars?) that completed demon tower 0 times this event. These people would in the past have done 10 chars of 100 mobs/1 boss daily or at least 2 chars daily. I also think it's worth noting that there are people who would do a few chars of 30 APRs a week from Retro World grinding 4 hrs a char each time, where supposedly if they invested 4-6 hrs in demon tower they might have been able to "learn" to complete demon tower --- saving themselves 3/4 of the hours put in throughout the whole event but they still chose to do mindless axe grinding and rejected demon tower JQ. These people are minorities, but I think minorities deserve some attention too. It's impossible to please everyone but hopefully we can get a little closer to that in future events. c:

Personally I prefer the 100 Mobs/1 Boss method because it was much easier and brain-dead for me compared to demon tower (it's personal preference so please don't atk me for it :') ). If a similar event came out again I'd probably continue to skip demon tower and grind more axe PQ.
      • Rewards
        • What did you spend your Retro Coupons on the most: Ability Point Resets, Raffle, Chairs? Solely APRs. In previous events when I would be able to farm 10 chars I'd raffle on chars that don't need APR, and get APRs for chars that need APR. For this event where I had limited access to retro coupons due to skill issues, I chose to focus solely on APRs.
        • In regards to the Raffle, were there any rewards you were satisfied or unsatisfied with? None, not that I did much raffles at all.

• Retro Coins
      • Did you find it easy or hard to earn Retro Coins? Easy through Jump Training, would like it to remain easy to earn coins for pets/NX outfits.
      • How did you feel about the number of options to earn Retro Coins? There's a satisfactory amount of options to earn retro coins.
        • Which method did you use the most? Jump Training because it was the fastest.
      • Were you satisfied with the selection of items to spend your Retro Coins on? Yes!
        • Was there anything you wish you could have spent your Retro Coins on? Event Pet EQs usually come out after the event ends, but if it's ever possible to be made available when event starts then perhaps we can add event pet EQs to the list of redeemable items?

I think it's also a nice touch that we can redeem consumable pots with our retro coins. Perhaps we can also add some untradable transformation potions in future (just in time for Halloween as well!).
      • Did you have a lot of leftover Retro Coins by the end of the Event? Nope.

• Miscellaneous
      • Did you enjoy the theme of the Event? Yes!
      • Did you enjoy the additional elements added to the Event (i.e. new skills)? Yes!
      • In your opinion, was this Event more Community involved or did it feel very Solo-driven? It's more community involved and I think that's a good thing, although there's also people who would enjoy solo-driven events more than community-driven ones.
      • Do you prefer Events that are more custom and unique like this one, or Events that are integrated fully into regular game content? Custom and unique events would be nice. Although I'm worried that it might be too much work for the staff which could result in lesser events/longer lead time for random low priority bugs or typo errors to be fixed/longer lead time for other major game related systems like HP challenge (and mage rework, if it ever happens --- sparked off by the beginner lvl 29 job advancement limit issue and newer players locked out frm having 20k hp mages when old players still retain their 20k hp mages. prob if players were to retain their current 20k hp mages when others cant make new ones, at the very least a mage rework would be required to give them somewhat of a fair handicap if staff wants to continue restricting new players from making 20k hp mages without removing the pre-existing 20k mages) to be completed.

In that case I'd rather have more "normal" events than "custom" events so that events and game updates/patches don't get delayed.
      • Was the Event's duration satisfactory? I think one month is just nice!
      • Were you overall pleased with the Event? Overall yes! I think chair exchanges could be reduce from 30 coupons for 1 chair to maybe 20 coupons for 1 chair? Considering the rates people are getting chairs from raffles (although it was also likely inflated by all the people who did >10 chars of 2 x demon towers weekly). It was also suggested by others for the chairs to be made rarer, but I'm against that. I think it'll encourage the practice of players buying 10-20x of the chair and then quitting to come back 6-18 months later for some easy profits while also making it harder for newer players who missed the event to obtain the chairs. Personally I would like event chairs to continue to be cheap and available in large supplies so that everyone can sit on them instead of the event chairs being hoarded and used mainly as investment vehicles.

I think it would also be nice if in future permanent rewards like the Avaracia's Blessing chair for completing demon tower could be shifted to be also obtainable with coupons so that players who are hopelessly bad at JQs can still redeem them with effort instead of skill. I'm not bummed out about missing on out the chair due to my skill issues (cos I know if I wanted it enough I would have trained until I could do it) but I know people who are.
      • Did you find the Event Post on the Forum informational enough to help you understand the different aspects of the Event?
        I think it was sufficiently informational, although Mirror's event cheat sheet made it much easier to navigate the event. shoutout to mirror for her great efforts!

It's been a great event! Thank you staff for putting in all the hard work to make all these possible <3
    I think it's also a pity that every event feedback thread has so little people posting in it (whether it's people not using the forums/only lurk/not too vocal etc), when there's definitely so much more that the player population have to say about the game.
    Perhaps staff can look into other forms of feedback collection outside of forums like posting a google form link or simple polls on discord announcements?
    Also I would like to suggest for staff to put a scrolling message reminder that appears for players at the top of their screens whenever they enter FM to remind them that event points have to be used within 7 days after event officially ends (would also help if time period to redeem after event ends is standardised to be 7 days everytime). I know it's the players' own responsibility to use our points timely, but I don't think this is a lot to do and it'll help with players forgetting to redeem their points. I think most people didn't even know that Ariami posted the deadline for spending event points on forums.
    On the day event ends, staff could also consider posting a reminder on discord announcements for players to spend all their remaining event points within 7 days (I know nightz did a discord reminder on 14th July, but I'm suggesting for the discord reminder to be done on the day event ends for every event subsequently). Hopefully staff will not think this is too much babysitting, great work & I'm looking forward to the next event! c: