1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Regarding Vote Abuse

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 28, 2015.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:24 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello Maplers,

This is just a reminder that voting for Vote Cash multiple times (on multiple accounts) within the same 24 hour period is not allowed under the MapleLegends Terms of Service. This is because earning additional Vote Cash provides players with an inherent advantage over players who do not participate in the abuse. From this point forward, vote abuse will be more heavily moderated, and any user found guilty of doing this will be banned.

Any accounts found purely used for vote abuse will be permanently banned. The length of the ban on a main account will by default be a full week in additional to the wipe of Vote Cash, but may increase in severity depending how heavy the abuse is or has been. Furthermore, the level limit for Gachapon has been increased from 35 to 45. Please consider this as a warning to no longer level your Lv.35 mule just to use the Gachapon.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of the MapleLegends administrators via Private Message. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

-MapleLegends Staff-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Toki

Toki Brown Teddy

May 16, 2015
    Female
    4:24 PM
    Toki
    Gunslinger
    Risque
    I have to get to level 45 now why
    I don't even have an alt account ;w;

Good move for stopping the issues btw :3

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  3. BaeBae

BaeBae Red Snail

May 9, 2015
    Male
    2:24 PM
    PerfectNight
    Night Lord
    that sounds great to be fair to others..

4. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    1:24 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Thanks for addressing the problem. Hopefully the 10 levels of LPQ will stop the gacha mules from continuing to abuse the vote system.

One question, though, how do you plan to stop the people who are voting on 2, 3, 4, 5, maybe 6 other accounts, but only have little characters. The STOCKPILA'S

5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    How about setting NX limits for accounts with characters less than the gach level (now 45)? Example: 10k for level 10 and below, going up until unlimited once you hit 45.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Toki

Toki Brown Teddy

May 16, 2015
    Female
    4:24 PM
    Toki
    Gunslinger
    Risque
    That's kind of annoying if you are starting afresh and want to stockpile NX for an EXP hair though :/
    Also, they can just buy gacha tickets as long as they are planning on getting to 45 in like a month

7. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Bulba, I guess that kind of action may halt growth on the server (many people are currently legitimately stockpiling votes, which isn't a bad thing) for new players or players who can't play that are currently voting.

Since the banhammer probably isn't going to be swung on the multiple high/mid/low level established players (players who have used their vote abusing to already get a leg up on the economy) who have/are doing this..

Can we establish some sort of cheaters list? I'm not sure I want to play with people who feel like they need to get a leg up on the competition when it comes to a private server based off a korean anime video game.

sorry, just not the type of people I really would like to associate with, whether on or offline..

8. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    2:24 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I think this is a bad idea because it would hurt legit players. A lot of legit players save their NX until they're able to gachapon. Forcing a cap on them may discourage them from leveling. Part of the motivation of getting to gach level is so you can spend all that NX you've been saving up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:24 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I reeaally don't think raising the level to 35 is necessary, but I would certainly say some accounts need banning and vote cash deducted.

10. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Then it's fine as long as Kim has a way to ensure they are not potential abusers.

If you can prove they are cheaters enough to get them on your list, then they should already be punished (banned), no?

Having a level limit discourages people from abusing (to a small extent), as well as allowing the GMs some time to catch them before they do the damage.

The problem with vote abusing is that apart from the personal advantage they gain, abusers also damage the economies in ways that can be really hard to fix even after they are caught.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    We need a Vote Abuse Wall of Shame. Put their char faces on a raw chicken.

[​IMG]

I'm all for the lv increase for gach. I don't see an issue with it. Might actually encourage me to lv for a change OnionXD

I don't agree with the nx limit on an account though. If there's a limit, that was discourage people who have met that quota to even vote for the server. Another thing is if someone is on vacation or something, they can't save in the meantime for make up for the time loss.

Btw don't the IPs of the accounts match up or something...? Or is it more complex than that if someone proxies or some shit?

I had a dream about this @Kim. I did!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    8:24 AM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Increase the level limit to 50 for Gachapon. They should not get away without doing all the LPQ!

13. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    or 52. Gotta outlevel LPQ and then get another level haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    You could justify any level as a requirement. Why not lv 70 to make it official.

45 seems reasonable imo. Anything else seems to lean more towards too easy or unnecessary. Also remember people want to fund themselves, and probably would get discouraged if they can't gach until lv 50.

15. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    But what if someone just gets to gach level and then stops training, and just saves NX and uses gachapon? I don't know if that would fit your definition of being a "gach mule," but it would be really lame if it did.

16. Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    That's not being a gach mule.... You would have to literally vote on multiple accounts to be a mule, and that's the issue that's going on.

If you lv to 45 and use that for only gach until you feel funded, that's your own time wasted from leveling.

17. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    As long as the character isn't vote abusing I don't see the issue. The whole point of the gach level is to discourage people from making gach mules and make it hard to do so.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    11:24 PM
    NSFW
    then nothing because you shouldn't worry about how other people spend their nx

19. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    9:24 AM
    We all know u abuse vote using ur alt char kim.

20. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I feel bad for the actual legit players now, this is a great example of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The higher level you get the more meso you get. Example; Cleric lvl 45 will be leveling at gs2 making 500k-1m/hr depending just on pure meso drops and they also get gach, the legit level 35's now get poor meso from grinding and no flow of meso from gach. Hope the level 35's have good luck with drops from pqs or grinding because pots aint cheap! :)

this is just an opinion, no need to reply to it xD

• Like Like x 6