1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Applications of Disorder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doguu, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    5:41 AM
    I/L Wizard
    Just curious how some people have used this skill whether it's interaction with general mobbing some ppl like, washed sins like to lower wpn def of enemies with it or just during PT bossing debuffing the boss might help the slightest bit, I've vaguely heard ppl use it to reset HT arm AI, etc. Just trying to learn some tech since this is my first thief...

I'm also wondering "Can't use this skill on monsters already in disorder," would this make upgrading it only once a legitimate strategy difference since you could reset the enemy AI every 7 seconds instead of them being in disorder for 60 seconds at lvl20 for instance and you can't reset their AI again? I'm assuming this would mean early game disorder might not be bad for lowering enemy wpn def by 20 at max level, but late game 1 point in disorder would make you able to reset the enemy's AI every 7 seconds instead of being able to only do it once a minute. If I'm misunderstanding please clarify.

I'm currently a washed sin and doing mpq so not being too useful on the boss I was wondering if disorder lvl 1 could help reset the mobs from attacking Juliet to reaggro on you instead. It seems like it works somewhat but it's still not enough to make her survive most the time since they reaggro on her and stand directly on top of her, it only takes like 10 seconds for her to die (really hard to do R&J in general anyway, I really wouldn't go for the pendant unless you're built for stopping those mobs, even as funded unwashed chars protect can be so much trouble unless you have a setup)

I kind of just want this thread to be a disorder discussion thread though since I haven't seen much of the skill and it seems a bit untapped, cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:41 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Haven't done as much testing with it as I'd like but most of it's utility for me came from soloing bosses, especially ones that don't auto-aggro like for example Dunas 1. Just give it a quick tap with disorder and it will go right back into it's peaceful state which can be useful in certain situations like if you don't want it attacking you during DR or you just want to take a break and charge nate or something.

Certainly one of thieves most overlooked skills.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    6:41 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I never thought about it, but I've read about applicability to gain space

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I have a sin and not a bandit but if you didn't make a sindit wouldn't max disorder be cracked for 2nd job? I'm just thinking wouldn't savage blow (80%dmg x 6hits I believe) make disorder's effectiveness [-20wpn def x 6 (hit count) ≈ -120wpn def] effectively? If I'm interpreting that right the more hits in an attack the more effective disorder is?

Even for assassins if they're washing it'd potentially be [≈ -40wpn def w/ lucky 7] or [≈ -60wpn def w/ lucky 7 + shadow partner] if they're reaching for every bit of dmg they can get.

*Edit: I know that math doesn't add up as simply as -120wpn def, I'm just pointing out if that's how it functions, more lower damage numbers would output a higher amount than higher dmg numbers. (If you had 50wpn def enemy and your attack does [200x6 - 50wpn def] let's say it's 150x6 (900), then you had [950 - 50wpn def] as 900...with disorder [200x6 - 30wpn def] is 170x6 (1020), then [950 - 30wpn def] is 920 meaning disorder is significantly buffed by multi-hit)

If Nise wants to appear and play with REAL dmg calculations be my guest lol, I'm just theorycrafting

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Coming from someone that did a fair bit of grinding on a base 400 int unfunded bandit, if your hits are low enough where the defence drop from disorder makes a real difference then you should seriously reconsider what you are doing.

Other than that yes the defence penalty tacks on for every line of damage so the more damage lines per minute you put out the more you are affected by a mobs defence stat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    3:41 AM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    I'm pretty sure lowering enemy defense by 20 will essentially add 11 to your range, or +9 damage per line for Savage Blow (+53 total damage).

The concept of punching an enemy so it forgets you exist is funny to me.
    When I did Romeo and Juliet PQ in the boss room, I always tell the sins to Disorder the mobs that are aggro'd on them, but they never do :(

For RnJPQ, it is my belief that xbow is objectively the best candidate for protecting the VIP, since they have Power Knockback, Blizzard, and Puppet.

Shadow Meso could be a viable skill for washers, if you're willing to spend unreasonable amounts of cash.
    This means it'll do a maximum of 8,000 (10% to do 12,000) whether you have 4 LUK or 1000 LUK
    It's up to you to determine if it's worth spending an average of 570 mesos to do 6550 damage.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It doesn't take a whole lot of dpm to take down the boss fast enough to not need to bother with protecting, I'm surprised people still do that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    Honestly even when I'm not the washer (I have a priest too) 90% of the time there's 1 bosser, 1 protector, and 1 priest + washer or 2 priests. There have been a few times we just mesoboom'd boss with multiple washers though. I'm washing so maybe it's rare because of that but there's never been a time where we could kill the boss quick enough without protecting or mesoboom.

That's a LOT less than I was expecting, pretty disappointing, I think even with that savage blow 10x is better than disorder + savage blow 9x (unless you're close to hitting straight 1s from washing lol). 3 SP for Disorder to mess with aggro and get DS is meta ig :\

I do like the idea of making a bandit and testing disorder in practice but I'm gonna get my other characters up first which will probably take a while since I'm doing all the content along the way. Although just getting the class to max savage blow to test it would only take a day or 2 if anyone else was curious enough.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    This is a interesting topic thank you guys for sharing this info i'm gonna max disorder on my MU mule for fun.

• Like Like x 1