1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Jump Attacking Easier

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lv1crook, Aug 25, 2023.

1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    4:02 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Jump casting can be a really good way of maintaining mobility while mobbing or DPM while bossing. But currently it’s really hard to do consistently unless you have a good keyboard and connection or you use stickykeys.

Since it is one of the best techs for some classes, I think it would be good for the game if there was more slack on using jump cast. Right now you basically have to be frame perfect to execute the jump cast. If it’s possible, could staff look into making jump cast possible with more reasonable timing?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2023
  2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    5:02 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    As long as NL's aren't jump attacking on stationary boss's.

-rages in wasted dpm-

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    1:02 PM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Skill issue, get good.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  4. Zeya

Zeya Orange Mushroom

Aug 31, 2021
    Female
    Ireland
    12:02 PM
    Oml we need some new content these suggestions are getting to the point we're gonna start talking about the efficacy of which side of the map has the least pixels so you can get the most dmg per cm.
    Y'all terrify me you need something new to do.
    XatGiggle

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    sticky key jumping is jank. do mac users have access to anything similar? also it doesn't really work for me since I "upgraded" to windows 11, but maybe I can fix it by messing with my settings. If there was accessibility to the tech I could see no reason for a change like this. If there are people who have no access to sticky key jumping or similar tech then I think a change like this could be very helpful. Either way it's not necessary if you play casually, I just do it because it's satisfying.

6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:02 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    not to be arrogant or anything like that, but define how it would be easier?

7. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    like give the player some frames after they leave the ground where grounded skills can still be inputted or something idk.

8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I still can’t tell if this thread is about jump attacking or jump casting.

9. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    too hard to time triple throw midair on NL. I keep falling to the ground before I can reach my TT button OnionMercy

10. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    (I dont have a NL this is a shitpost)

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Yeah I don’t really understand. Jump attacking isn’t difficult, I don’t think it needs changes at all? But everyone is replying to this thread referencing jump attacking.

I wouldn’t mind changes to jump casting as it’s incredibly keyboard dependent which feels a bit unfair, but idk if that’s even possible from ML’s side.

12. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    a long time ago I went and bought a new keyboard because my old membrane one wouldn't let me hold the right arrow key at the same time as the up arrow key to grab ropes... Keyboard superiority is real and relevant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Sorry for the confusion… I meant jump casting

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Figured this was the case honestly just based on the description of the original post, but most of the discussion was on jump attacking. If possible from a back end PoV I think making jump casting easier isn't a bad thing, but I'd imagine it's probably kind of janky to begin with since it's sort of a bug, and also a niche skill so low priority for staff to address.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    In what way is jumpcasting keyboard dependent?

16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly I’m not sure. Probably something to do with input rate. All I know is I can jump cast with 90%+ consistency on my laptop, but can barely get 10% consistency on my desktop keyboard.

I’ve heard similar stories from other players having better success on different keyboards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Hmm, could be a difference where most laptop keyboards connect internally via PS2. PS2 utilizes hardware interrupt compared to USB keyboards which utilizes USB polling rates. I've only used external USB keyboards and tried both mechanical and membrane with 95% ish consistency. Might have to dig up a PS2 keyboard to see if there is any difference :cow:

18. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I’ve heard some players having more success with externals vs integrated honestly. I’m not sure exactly what it is but some keyboards just seem better than others.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Sounds a bit like copium to me, you can use this tool and check for keypresses and compare succesful to unsuccesful Jumpcasts. https://github.com/mat1jaczyyy/Keyboard-Inspector/releases/tag/0.4.0

If staff allows I'll try to figure out the span of values for Jumpcasts by scripting.

20. OP
    OP
    lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    The keyboard thing isn’t just copium. I used to have a 20 dollar keyboard that couldn’t jump cast consistently at all, but last year I upgraded to an expensive one and now it’s significantly more reliable