1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Area my Bossing, a suggestion.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pixel, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    3:24 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Hey it's me Dragonmaid AKA Diana , you may know me for popular takes such as claiming that OSSlockers shouldn't exist, that being said i've come here with goofy ahh solution to the issue of Area bossers.

What are Area bossers? Not gonna tell you , you should know.
    It's these duderinos that shouldn't be called bosses but more like piƱatas of how much people beat them for prizes such cards
    upload_2023-9-1_16-58-1.gif
    Experience
    upload_2023-9-1_16-59-2.gif upload_2023-9-1_17-10-19.png
    Or Chairs such as this daddy dandy fellow
    [​IMG]

And i know you, you want your cards, you want that free card set, or you want to actually grind your attacker that's not being leeched by someone's else pentamage and use your ranged DPS class in this nostalgic broken piece of a game.

Now the issue is that you, your level 100 character goes to one of these maps and notices
    one person on every channel keeping mapowner, because the game belongs to those 10 players at the top and every new mule they create
    Let's not fool ourselves out of the 1k players we can divide that by 3 to get the actual playerbase that isnt SexySair SexyHB SexyMU SexyHS SexySE etc.

Now as a disclaimer, i'm not even 100, i dont think ill hit Sair on my own character for 2 years, but as a ranged player in other undisclosed servers i can realize how this channel and boss starvation is an issue in this one.

So now..You want to collect the card, or you just want your 2 Female Bosses a day to get by and at least do something in your game.
    I have a simple solution.
    Craftable summon Items, but before you yell and say is a stupid idea i'll leave some examples

And if you're wondering, the overworld bosses would still spawn, but if you're in need to hunt them, it's a very annoying and limited option.

1.- Mano (which isn't that scarce but let's go 1 by 1)
    Step 1 , talk to Jane, the alchemist and have an option that says ''Alchemise a Snail Shell''
    upload_2023-9-1_17-17-34.png
    She'll ask you something like 50 of blue and red snail shells and a pig head (something not as rare but to vary) and give you a colorless rainbow shell SneeelShell.png

Then you drop it here
    upload_2023-9-1_17-20-15.png
    And Boom Mano! It took a while and with all that work you can get an attempt at killing if it isn't spawned yet

2nd .- Headless Horseman and BF
    Gather 400 tablecloths (from Jr.Wraits) and 10 clovers from Leprechauns for HH
    or 600 tablecloths, 20 clovers and 10 seeds for BF
    Minimum level of 100, to avoid BF leech
    Talk to the Tombstone and it'll take your party to a special map
    upload_2023-9-1_17-24-23.png
    It'll be a minidungeon version to this graveyard (including Jr.Wraiths) for 1 hour with a HH, you have 1 hour to kill him
    or a Twisted Paths map also with Jr.Wraiths and trees and a Bigfoot , again, 1 hour for you to kill him
    Dying on either map will take you to a small rest place, time still ticking, for you to come back and attempt, dying 3 times will waste your attempt and kick you out.
    Disbanding the party will take you out of the map immediately, or talking to a tombstone in that map.
    You can only enter either of them 3 times a day.

3- Anego
    Similar to the options below
    Talk to this guy (don't ask me why i like him)
    upload_2023-9-1_17-34-34.png Giving him 200-400 of each Leader A , Leader B and Extra D drops, will give you a Female Boss Bribe AnegoMeso.png ,
    upload_2023-9-1_17-35-58.png Go to Konpei in the Hideout, and give him the bribe, he'll take your party to another minidungeon version of Anego's map, 1 hour
    Required level 130, 3 deaths allowed in the party and you're out.
    You can only do this twice a day, so is not spammable.

4.- Among other options
    upload_2023-9-1_17-42-26.png

50 Bananas, 20 coconuts, 100 lorang and 100 clang claws
    400 Magatia drops for Chimera.
    100 of every Cactus Drop for Deo, the list goes on.
    The difficulty and amount of drops would depend on the level of the boss
    so while summoning Mano would be a 10 minute farm, others like Leviathan could take 45 minutes to an hour to attempt
    But things shouldnt go past an hour because then it'd be pointless for them to do and no one would.
    The point of this system is to work a little bit for a chance to do area bossing, but not be so inconvenient that people just ignore it.

Would this upset the market?

While having a seemingly infinite amount of area bosses to spawn, even if we made the summoning items tradable and sellable, i dont think the time to reward spent on most of these bosses would be worth. Actively farming for 30 minutes to get CHANCE to get a scroll seems stupid, most farmers just afk for a free kill. So while they still are able to be degenerates and take the fun of the game, if someone is just seeking to farm cards and put the extra effort in crafting these summon methods, the market should be just fine.

As of EXP and cards, most exp bosses would have an entry limit between 3 (for HH and BF) or 2 ( Anego, Samurai) or 1 (Crafting a Pianus drop) , just like papulatus, it wouldnt alter the balance of the game, if people want more bosses they'll still have to fight in the overworld but at least this gives everyone a fair chance to fight for the bosses and get some EXP.

It would even open the market for new items
    If someone is desperate to complete a card set of Chimera, just buying 5-10 Chimera summons in FM that someone spent their time farming for 5m each.
    New players could find something to make profit off that isn't Merching, Rolling or getting lucky in gachapon
    Events could give out random boss summon drops at low chances instead of your 20th FM merchant.

Now i don't care if you find this idea stupid or good, i am leaving it here, you're free to argue how it could improve or be changed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Creative Creative x 10
  2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    2:24 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Definetely will abuse bigfoot+anego to power level my BM+Bishop thank you

Also I have never even seen a mano, most hunted area boss in existance apparently. I tried for a week straight before I gave up on that quest for killing him

3. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I dont think 2 anegos a day and 3 bfs will powerlevel you, if anything just gets you less than 32m total not counting the party split + HS

4. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    2:24 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It was satire lol

5. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Ah you forgot the /s -A- hard to read sarcasm

6. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    10:24 AM
    As someone who has recently done the area boss quests on a new char my experience was that its certainly doable if you try all channels and sometimes wait a bit. There were times 2-3 years ago when it was a lot worse and the bosses were camped more/just more players. It's still annoying to have to wait to do those quest but I wouldn't say its a huge issue at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2